• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgruber

It's really hard to argue with him, to be honest.

in real time, it was pretty hard to distinguish whether he dropped the crown of his helmet. the slow motion portion at the end of the video made it pretty obvious, though. Any word if these ejections are subject to replay to determine the position of the crown of the helmet?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
in real time, it was pretty hard to distinguish whether he dropped the crown of his helmet. the slow motion portion at the end of the video made it pretty obvious, though. Any word if these ejections are subject to replay to determine the position of the crown of the helmet?
I've read that the ejection is subject to replay, but the penalties are not.

I think they should review those plays actually. A wrongfully called 15 yard penalty can change the game. I think refs get that call wrong more than they do right as it is, and one ref throws a flag even though it was helmet to shoulder or helmet to chest. The Clowney hit was an exception of course.

ag-my001

I've got no problem with it going to the booth: the play is typically out in the open and you don't need to hunt for the 'perfect angle' to see the ball. Quick look in slow-mo and radio down the call.

At least all the bad news happened yesterday, the day before my birthday, the Ohio State stuff, royal baby, someone may have put their penis on something I ate. Today starting off on a good note though, I made it to the 2nd round interviews for my promotion, also im old!

andycapps

At least all the bad news happened yesterday, the day before my birthday, the Ohio State stuff, royal baby, someone may have put their penis on something I ate. Today starting off on a good note though, I made it to the 2nd round interviews for my promotion, also im old!

Did you go to Golden Corral?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
@ChuckCarltonDMN: BillHancock confirms that the crystal football is on the way out. Playoff will feature new trophy

Well, here's to Alabama getting 4 of the last 5 Crystal Balls.

Charges are not expected to be filed against Hyde after video from Sugar Bar 2 shows he didn't appear to make contact with an alleged victim who claimed to have been assaulted early Saturday morning, a source who spoke to Yahoo! Sports on the condition of anonymity said. The source said video shows Hyde speaking in the direction of the alleged victim just prior to her punching him in the head. The video then shows Hyde leaving the area and reaching back in the woman's direction in a non-confrontational manner, the source said. From the video, it doesn't appear Hyde ever made contact with the woman – either before or after she struck him, the source said

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf-...e-didn-t-strike-alleged-victim-232225921.html

If this comes out to be true how sad would have it been if there was no camera inside the club. Guy could have lost everything.

andycapps

I got accidentally punched in a bar once.

I was walking through a group of people and some guy was flailing his arms dancing. One of his "flails" landed in my face. Boom! Punched in the face!

I guess it is possible then. Still, it sounds like Hyde didn't do anything.

Pulled the plug and I'm getting UVerse on August 9th. That's the first day they can install it, so yeah.. Welcome back to AT&T I guess? At least I'll have it 2 days before Breaking Bad starts up again, but more importantly, I'll have it for CFB.

impirius

Slim to none. Garcia got away with many things while he was there. Though this would be a big one, and it's public so the NCAA will look into it if USCe declares they found nothing wrong with it.
1. Garcia got away with so many things that he was repeatedly suspended and was dismissed from the team for failing a school-issued alcohol screening. I don't feel like this narrative of Spurrier running a lax program has gained much traction, but it's tiring to read over and over.

2. Clowney can talk to whoever he wants as long as he doesn't sign anything or accept anything. That said, it's smart of Carolina's athletic department to look further into this. I wonder if Clowney had a handler at the ESPYs.

I got accidentally punched in a bar once.

I was walking through a group of people and some guy was flailing his arms dancing. One of his "flails" landed in my face. Boom! Punched in the face!

My sis got her eyeball scratched at a club from someone during the "All I do is Win" song specifically the part of "Hands go up...and they stay there" she was sliced in the eye by some girl's fingernail and had to go to the hospital.

Hey guys! Usually lurk these threads but I hear you guys are pretty friendly, so I'll try posting here once in a while.

How do you guys feel about tOSU fans?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Hey guys! Usually lurk these threads but I hear you guys are pretty friendly, so I'll try posting here once in a while.

We have a number of fans of the Clarett State University.

They're all right, I suppose. If you like that sort of thing.

andycapps

1. Garcia got away with so many things that he was repeatedly suspended and was dismissed from the team for failing a school-issued alcohol screening. I don't feel like this narrative of Spurrier running a lax program has gained much traction, but it's tiring to read over and over.

2. Clowney can talk to whoever he wants as long as he doesn't sign anything or accept anything. That said, it's smart of Carolina's athletic department to look further into this. I wonder if Clowney had a handler at the ESPYs.

1. You mentioned that Garcia was repeated suspended and then was finally dismissed, coincidentally after Spurrier had what he thought was his QB of the future.

2. That's true, as long as they don't have any kind of agreement to sign now or in the future, written or verbal.

Tawney Bomb said:

I don't know.. How many tattoos do you have?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

CFBGAF is great. The only people that seem to dislike the community are easily offended fuddy duddies with no sense of humor.

On the other hand, the off-season is not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom