• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

desh

New report, backed by Paterno famiiy, says Freeh report is full of crap.

(Stupid nook tablet won't let me paste url).

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Any guesses on Fulmer Cup winners?

So I was in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl Flea Market and I went Into the stadium to hang out a bit. I noticed that "Florida Gators" was on each end of the end zone.

Does anyone know why?

Also, go Gata

537005_443786772360767_383631097_n.jpg

Photo in question

New report, backed by Paterno famiiy, says Freeh report is full of crap.

(Stupid nook tablet won't let me paste url).

Shocking news!

What's up guys? So I guess some kids signed some contracts to play football a couple of days ago. Cool, cool.

And apparently the Gators are moving to the Los Angeles area? I thought it was going to be the Jaguars, but whatever I guess.

Did Joe Pa play in the Rose bowl vs. Florida? I'm too lazy to look it up

Nope. Lost in the Outback Bowl in his last Bowl game that may or may not have ever happened. And the Citrus Bowl in 1998.

Did Joe Pa play in the Rose bowl vs. Florida? I'm too lazy to look it up

Wouldn't have to be in the Rose Bowl. Stadiums are simulated and substituted for all the time in movies.

Edit-And I don't think it would be a bowl game since Florida is in both end zones. Bowl games would have one end zone for each team.

Draxal

Rivals 2014 top 100 is coming out at noon today.

From NJ, expecting Jibril Peppers to be the only on it (and he'll be in the top 5-10). And it really doesn't like he's going to Rutgers.

Draxal

Ohio State signed 3 players already to the 2014 class on Saturday. Starting off strong right out of the gates.

Honestly, OSU is going to be insanely good in the upcoming years, there's no competition for you guys right now in the league. Meyer's just on a totally different league then everybody else in the big 10.

He's most likely to grab Kiy Hester and decent chances at Quentin Nelson and Jibril Peppers from NJ, luckily for RU, he recruits nationally, so he'll probably leave us the rest.

Honestly, OSU is going to be insanely good in the upcoming years, there's no competition for you guys right now in the league. Meyer's just on a totally different league then everybody else in the big 10.

He's most likely to grab Kiy Hester and decent chances at Quentin Nelson and Jibril Peppers from NJ, luckily for RU, he recruits nationally, so he'll probably leave us the rest.

Urban made a statement last week telling all the other Big 10 coaches to step up their game on the recruiting front. This then led me down a path of reading a bitch fest over it on some MSU forum. Was pretty great.

Talon

Ohio State will run a train on the B1G for 4 years before Urban has a heart attack.

It'll be fun watching Hoke get his ass whooped year-after-year.

Draxal

Urban made a statement last week telling all the other Big 10 coaches to step up their game on the recruiting front. This then led me down a path of reading a bitch fest over it on some MSU forum. Was pretty great.

Yeah, I read that, and you know all the bitching me and Sirpop were doing over Rutger's class this year, it was still ranked between 6-9 in the Big 10, and last year's would of been as high as 3rd. The mid/bottom of the big 10 is just does not compare at all to the SEC.

Rutgers is getting nobody in the R100 this year.

No recruiters, meaning there is no way to beat the better recruiting schools for the top dogs. Then there is the stupidity with Ish Hyman costing us Blacknall.

Rivals 100 list.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3235

Clemson has two guys in the top 25, and Iowa State Cyclone has a top 25er as well. I really wish Rutgers get Jabrill Peppers (best prospect to come out of the state in forever), but everybody think he's going out west Stanford.

Peppers is really Stanford's to lose.

While Rutgers has great academics, if you have the chance to go to Stanford, and play football as well you got to take it.

The only thing that can help is, odds are he won't be playing for David Shaw for his entire tenure there, Shaw is on the fast track to the NFL.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rivals 100 list.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3235

Clemson has two guys in the top 25, and Iowa State Cyclone has a top 25er as well. I really wish Rutgers get Jabrill Peppers (best prospect to come out of the state in forever), but everybody think he's going out west Stanford.

Maybe they do it every year, but only 14 5 stars makes it sound like it's a "weaker" looking senior class.

The #1 guy has a former Auburn player as head coach, and the #3 guy will be hard to pull in past LSU.

Draxal

No recruiters, meaning there is no way to beat the better recruiting schools for the top dogs. Then there is the stupidity with Ish Hyman costing us Blacknall.

If we do get Prince, I'd be happy. He's a beast recruiter.

Paganos is known to be pretty damn good closer on the defensive side of the ball.

Paganos is known to be pretty damn good closer on the defensive side of the ball.

There's a difference between competing against CUSA schools and competing against BCS level schools on a regular basis for recruits.

Paganos didn't deliver on much in the way of recruits this year. I will acknowledge that he's a good coach though.

Edit: Yeah Draxal, getting Ron Prince would be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom