• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
bullshit.

Vegas expected the big to be 2-4 at this point with a toss-up tonight.

The B1G is 2-5.

Vegas expects the B1G to go 1-1 on Monday.

I think Ohio State's loss is the worst to just get wrecked like this. Maryland lost by 6. Nebraska was within a touchdown late in the 4th even without Armstrong. Michigan had the lead with 60 seconds to go.

B1G is fine.

The pundits always go with total record, not how competitive the games were. I think there were a couple of years where the ACC had a losing bowl record, but a lot of the games were really close and could have gone the other way. That didn't stop every hot taker to pronounce the conference as the worst ever.

If Duke could have just beaten shit UVA this year, they would have been in... probably would have lost though since half the team was injured at the end of the season.

bullshit.

Vegas expected the big to be 2-4 at this point with a toss-up tonight.

The B1G is 2-5.

Vegas expects the B1G to go 1-1 on Monday.

I think Ohio State's loss is the worst to just get wrecked like this. Maryland lost by 6. Nebraska was within a touchdown late in the 4th even without Armstrong. Michigan had the lead with 60 seconds to go.

B1G is fine.

Vegas lines aren't the best predictors of performance, though.

You talk shit yet your precious wolverines lost to both Big 10 teams that didn't score a point in the playoff. Talk about frauds.

A muffed punt and fuckery. Not sure we would've been shut out in both games though. Everybody knew Sparty was getting a beating last year, Urban getting blanked is another story.

reKon

Banned
Lol...all I have to say is fuck both Michigan and OSU because of their shitty fan bases (not all, but most).

There's not enough room for that arrogance

Well I for one do not understand why people do not dislike Dabo cause hes like the Orange Turds twin.

I didn't really dislike Dabo until he got on that "racism is over because white people voted for Obama" shit he was on earlier this year. Eyes got opened real quick.

Oddsmakers can only make odds for the matchups, the argument is that the big ten is shit and was all year long, and were over hyped all year because the sec was down

Defending the conference by saying "it's ok, oddsmakers thought we sucked too" doesn't make your conference great, good, or even passable

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well I for one do not understand why people do not dislike Dabo cause hes like the Orange Turds twin.

who, Trump? I think the expectations of a coach....especially a college football coach are typically conservative. Granted Dabo has done some things in regards to religion that kind of blew up in his face, and he deserves some criticism for that. The other part tho is he is typically forthcoming and likable in interviews and yes that matters big time to the sports media.

Ryuuroden

who, Trump? I think the expectations of a coach....especially a college football coach are typically conservative. Granted Dabo has done some things in regards to religion that kind of blew up in his face, and he deserves some criticism for that. The other part tho is he is typically forthcoming and likable in interviews and yes that matters big time to the sports media.

some questionable race related comments too.

I didn't really dislike Dabo until he got on that "racism is over because white people voted for Obama" shit he was on earlier this year. Eyes got opened real quick.

He has also said some awful shit about paying a stipend to players while earning a huge salary.

Dislike him, but love my team.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

And he seems polite and well liked by other coaches. Calling others to give advice and support.

He sucks for sure, especially because he's Clemson's coach and Clemson sucks.

I was his biggest supporter before I heard that. Sucks, because I'm sure he's far from the only coach in football to feel that way. Including Saban. Smh

I still hope Alabama and Nick call him as soon as Saban decides he's done.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Vegas lines aren't the best predictors of performance, though.

I didn't say that.

I said they were a gauge of expectations.

and they are a better predictor of performance than a lot seem to think

Oddsmakers can only make odds for the matchups, the argument is that the big ten is shit and was all year long, and were over hyped all year because the sec was down

Defending the conference by saying "it's ok, oddsmakers thought we sucked too" doesn't make your conference great, good, or even passable

No, I'm saying the match-ups B1G teams had weren't favorable.

The B1G's top team played the ACC's top team, no bueno
The B1G's 2nd best team plays PAC-12's 2nd best team tomorrow
B1G's 3rd best team lost barely to the ACC's 2nd best team
B1G's 4th place team gets a freebie vs Western Mich

I mean, the B1G has 4 teams in the NY6. So it's normal 3rd place bowl slot (vs Florida) went to 8-4 IOWA.

8-4 Minnesota had to play (and beat) 4th best pac-12 team Wash St in the B1G's 4th place Bowl.

Nebraska plays Tennessee without it's starting QB

Then the B1G has two 6-6 teams in Indiana playing the 6th best Pac-12 team (nearly beating them), and 6-6 Maryland barely losing to a 6-6 BC.

2016 claims Ohio State now.
C1DjBe0VEAAgNRV.jpg

Ryuuroden

Hey, tonight's game really was a blast from the past. Like Cooper era.

"The last time the Buckeyes failed to score was in 1993 versus Michigan."

tebunker

Banned
Pretty sure Saban is a Dem.

he's an old WVA labor Dem, pretty sure they got co-opted this election and last. But I wouldn't be surprised he encompasses a lot of old working class Dem principles.

Also, holy fuck at the score. I went off and watched a movie with the Wife and well there you go...

How the hell is Alabama a 7 point favorite. I am not sure even the Process can stop the anger of revenge. Well, maybe Jonathan Allen can..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom