• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

The question will be if Kiffin can get out of his own way and call what works. We all saw the game yesterday and how well Bo did. 9.5 YPC average. It doesn't take a genius to know that if you're averaging a first down with every handoff to Bo that you should continue feeding the beast to loosen up the defense so that Hurts will have an easier time passing.

Looks like last night's semifinal games ratings were up by double digits compared to last season's.

Also, I forgot to hang my Alabama jersey up before I left Houston for San Antonio last week. Came home and found it balled up at the bottom of my drawer. It is my fault the offense was so inept yesterday. This will be rectified next week.

Also, I'm really enjoying the Bama defense being disrespected on ESPN. Let them tell it, Watson is guaranteed a repeat of last year's performance. It's almost like they haven't watched the culmination of Saban's adaptation to the spread offense peak this season. If Kiffin can just call a halfway decent game, and if Hurts can make something happen vertically (still worried about this, short term), I love our chances.

Ourobolus

Banned
Originally I was *hrrk* rooting for OSU since B1G has been shit so far this bowl season. But as it looked more and more like a blowout I just laid back and enjoyed the ride.

I have no idea how we'll fare against USC, but I'll take a field goal.

Looks like last night's semifinal games ratings were up by double digits compared to last season's.

Also, I forgot to hang my Alabama jersey up before I left Houston for San Antonio last week. Came home and found it balled up at the bottom of my drawer. It is my fault the offense was so inept yesterday. This will be rectified next week.

Also, I'm really enjoying the Bama defense being disrespected on ESPN. Let them tell it, Watson is guaranteed a repeat of last year's performance. It's almost like they haven't watched the culmination of Saban's adaptation to the spread offense peak this season. If Kiffin can just call a halfway decent game, and if Hurts can make something happen vertically (still worried about this, short term), I love our chances.

Still down from two years ago:

https://sportstvratings.com/cfp-sem...nch-up-but-still-well-below-2-years-ago/7200/

They're gonna move when those semi finals are to a more desirable day, which makes adding games even harder.

Also who the fuck is disrespecting Alabama at this point? They're the #1 team in the country and the odds on favorite to win it all. Like no sane football fan thinks they're not elite in virtually every way imaginable. You can't pay the disrespect card anymore, everyone respects you.

RBH

C1GUW4oXgAAUz56.jpg

https://twitter.com/MsPotts_ESPN/status/815596156583641090?lang=en

tebunker

Banned
Still down from two years ago:

https://sportstvratings.com/cfp-sem...nch-up-but-still-well-below-2-years-ago/7200/

They're gonna move when those semi finals are to a more desirable day, which makes adding games even harder.

Also who the fuck is disrespecting Alabama at this point? They're the #1 team in the country and the odds on favorite to win it all. Like no sane football fan thinks they're not elite in virtually every way imaginable. You can't pay the disrespect card anymore, everyone respects you.
It's just ESPN and sports tv/radio in general.

They have to create stuff to talk about. I have never been a fan of trying to rely too much on what happened in a game in the prior season. Too much changes year to year especially in CFB. Kirby was the Coordinator last year, we had a different type of LB core, this is one is more athletic. Our front four are also much faster and seemingly stout than last season.

So the talking heads will talk about stuff just because they need to. They dont get viewers by stating the truth that Bama's D has been near unbeatable all season. Hell all I heard last week was that Browning had all the tools to beat that weak Alabama secondary. Hmmmm. Talk is cheap.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I still want to see Browns vs. Bama. I mean I know Bama would lose, but I'd just want to see how close it would be.

Under these assumptions:
- Fully healthy Bama, not current Bama.
- Only one half of football, not 60 minutes (reduces Browns depth advantage)

I'd say it would probably be 24-0 Browns. That might be low though.

I mean, I'm not making it up guy. They respect us, of course, but I'm loving how assured they are that our defense is about to get shredded. This is an all time great unit with the potential to be the best in the history of the sport. Saying they don't even have a chance to shut Deshaun Watson down is disrespecting them, even if it's just being said to have something to talk about.

andycapps

I mean, I'm not making it up guy. They respect us, of course, but I'm loving how assured they are that our defense is about to get shredded. This is an all time great unit with the potential to be the best in the history of the sport. Saying they don't even have a chance to shut Deshaun Watson down is disrespecting them, even if it's just being said to have something to talk about.

Sbtbj0k.gif

I need to see receipts. Alabama fans and players have been trying to play the disrespect card all season despite all the accolades.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I mean, Chad Kelly shredded the defense, and that was with a healthy Eddie Jackson and SDH. We're not unbeatable, and we have our flaws.

I need to see receipts. Alabama fans and players have been trying to play the disrespect card all season despite all the accolades.

Yeah. I'm just lying about (idiotic) ESPN talking heads saying this. I guess. Lol

Hey, I get it. We're feared and respected. Our disrespect ain't what others are. *shrug* I don't think it's on the level of what Louisville claims they were this season. I just think it's funny. I know we're the favorite, and for good reason.

(Sort of good reason. I kinda feel like it should be Clemson. Don't know how much of last night's performance was based on Ohio State not being that good in the first place, but sheesh. It's impressive regardless. They really could win Monday)

jfkgoblue

This is why people hate Bama fans.

This is why people hate Bama fans.

I'm sure the 26 wins in a row have absolutely nothing to do with that.

I'm not arrogant. I'm not creating something that's not there. I'm just making an observation on the narrative that our defense is about to be taken advantage of (which is admittedly only from like, 5 talking heads that I've seen so far. That's not representative of the whole sports media, and I know that).

DominoKid

they gotta sell the fight so people watch it. i expect Alabama to win though. probably comfortably. i dont think this Clemson team is as good as last years.

How long has Deshaun Watson been making 40+ pass attempts a game? Sheesh.

they gotta sell the fight so people watch it. i expect Alabama to win though. probably comfortably. i dont think this Clemson team is as good as last years.

I completely understand this. Though just going off yesterday's games, I don't see the spread getting any higher. I think it could shrink over the next week.

Then the NCAA should remove them from contention. That still doesn't justify letting a team that didn't win their own division into the top 4.

The committee is run by human beings.

Human beings can decide to arbitrarily apply an "eat shit" penalty to Penn State. The vast majority of humanity will agree with that assessment. It's probably the only thing uniting Neo-nazis and minorities who vote Democrat.

In all honesty most of CBUS doesnt care about the Cavs until the playoffs. there is a general amusement with the hockey team, especially when theyre doing well (like they are right now)

Probably because they're the only pro team within the city limits. That definitely makes them more of an interest

ryseing

Row the boat y'all.

ROW THE DAMN BOAT

I really like this WMU team. Please don't blow them out Wiscy. PJ Fleck needs a big job so he can have a larger outlet for his weirdness.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
NxKL28.gif

Might as well post the last positive highlight of the year, before we lose to Clemson and lose half our signing class.

Dat Reuben Missile. Not that QB's need to do any dropbacks out of the shotgun, but he's at Browning on step 3.

bachikarn

I imagine Kelly takes a coordinator job. If he is serious about preferring the NFL (he apparently hates recruiting), then it would do him well to learn from some other NFL guys since he is clearly missing something about the pro game.

If he isn't, still makes sense for him to take an NFL coordinator job or take the year off. Most of the big jobs are gone now, while he will be the most sought after coach next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom