• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

tebunker

Banned
Rumors swirling in Ann Arbor that Harris is already enrolled at Michigan and is heading straight from AA game to Ann Arbor.

Huh that's funny...

"I'm still committed to Alabama, but I will know for sure by Saturday where I'm going to go," Harris told Scout. "I'm not going to announce anything during the game or anything like that. I'll just know where for sure I'm going. I know I'm going from San Antonio to college."

Not saying he couldn't still go to Ann Arbor, but then why would he say he is still committed to Alabama? That doesn't sound like someone enrolled...

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Huh that's funny...

Not saying he couldn't still go to Ann Arbor, but then why would he say he is still committed to Alabama? That doesn't sound like someone enrolled...
The kid is full of shit. He's going straight to college from that game, so I'm positive he already has a plane ticket to either Michigan or Alabama.

I would be shocked at this point if it's not Michigan.

tebunker

Banned
The kid is full of shit. He's going straight to college from that game, so I'm positive he already has a plane ticket to either Michigan or Alabama.

I would be shocked at this point if it's not Michigan.

Yeah from reading the quote, it's stupid, dude you know where you are going, I just wanted to share the story, rumors or not. Tua also had an interview and said he was pretty sure Najee was coming to Alabama. That interview is behind 247s paywall.

We'll find out this week. If he's leaving the the AA game directly to school why would he if Bama doesn't start until the 11th? Also a USC insider over on Rivals said he'll be at Michigan (guy seems well connected - but again, rumors). Given the depth at Bama he could start right away at Michigan too if he wants to be a 3 and done.

Who knows though, he's kept quiet throughout his recruitment so it's all a guessing game at this point. Would love to see him at Michigan though.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
We'll find out this week. If he's leaving the the AA game directly to school why would he if Bama doesn't start until the 11th? Also a USC insider over on Rivals said he'll be at Michigan (guy seems well connected - but again, rumors) Given the depth at Bama he could start right away at Michigan too if he wants to be a 3 and done.

Who knows though, he's kept quiet throughout his recruitment so it's all a guessing game at this point. Would love to him at Michigan though.
Why are our other early enrollees arriving this week? They must all be going to Michigan, too! Aaaaaaaah!

Talon

We have an incoming fascist combing through federal employees for dissidents and then we have people on $4.99 forums parsing the movements of teenagers.

We deserve our fate.

We'll find out this week. If he's leaving the the AA game directly to school why would he if Bama doesn't start until the 11th? Also a USC insider over on Rivals said he'll be at Michigan (guy seems well connected - but again, rumors). Given the depth at Bama he could start right away at Michigan too if he wants to be a 3 and done.

Who knows though, he's kept quiet throughout his recruitment so it's all a guessing game at this point. Would love to see him at Michigan though.

Bama EE's are arriving this week too tho lol

He could indeed wind up at Michigan, just some good natured ribbing. I hope he sticks with us though. Our backfield is gonna be downright scary the next 4 years, again.

jfkgoblue

We have an incoming fascist combing through federal employees for dissidents and then we have people on $4.99 forums parsing the movements of teenagers.

We deserve our fate.

We can focus on more than one thing and following recruiting is just an extension of being a big enough fan to post about the team on the internet. I never understand these kinds of posts even if they are intended to be a joke,

tebunker

Banned
Bama EE's are arriving this week too tho lol

He could indeed wind up at Michigan, just some good natured ribbing. I hope he sticks with us though. Our backfield is gonna be downright scary the next 4 years, again.

I mean if Alabama starts classes next week, it'd make sense for the guy to show up this coming weekend.

So Kiffin is out and Sark will be OC for the title game.

I'm shocked and not surprised in the least at the same damn time. Couldn't figure out if our offensive game plan was purposely vanilla to avoid Washington's opportunistic corners, if Lane was just dicking around, or if the execution was just bad. Prolly all 3, but shit.

tebunker

Banned
I'm shocked and not surprised in the least at the same damn time. Couldn't figure out if our offensive game plan was purposely vanilla to avoid Washington's opportunistic corners, if Lane was just dicking around, or if the execution was just bad. Prolly all 3, but shit.
It was clear our plan was off. Execution was off bc it wasn't our style of game.

Willing to bet that the game we called wasn't what was practiced. Kiffin was probably out thinking the opponent which he has a tendency to do.

Saban wouldn't make this change if he didn't feel it would help. I would love to hear if this had to do with practice vs game prep.

Honestly if I am Clemson I would not be happy with this. They have no film of Sark calling plays with this play book. So almost all the film on Kiffin goes out the window.

Lastly Kiffin is clearly the type of person who gets short timers disease. I get it too. It is hard to avoid. He doesn't have that mindset to see it through all the way and maybe it is showing. His heart was in the right place but I am not sure his head is.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I mean, I see what Lane was saying the plan was for Washington. That, no matter what, do not throw outside on the corners, every drive is ending in a kick.

Didn't throw a single bubble screen, 1 jet sweep, and I think 2 or 3 attempts at Stewart and Ridley. Outright saying, "It's Crock Pot time"

Game can go 3 ways:
Alabama wins and we'll be happy with Sark's performance
Alabama loses in a shootout, and we'll be happy that Sark improved our chances of winning, and lament another defensive letdown against an elite team
Alabama loses any other way, and Sark will never recover in our eyes.

andycapps

Feel better about Bama's chances with Lane out. Probably would have favored them anyway before but I'm assuming this means that Saban sat Sark down and told him how he wants the game called. Which was obviously not what was called the other day.

I don't think Sark will introduce new plays so much as he will attempt to call the ones that are working.

tebunker

Banned
I don't really think sark can implement that much in less than a week. I guess we'll see.

Nothing to implement, it is all about tendencies and play calling now. What they practice and what is called. Sark has spent all season being a film analyst helping the offense. Like I said in my earlier posts, you have to almost throw out all the tape or info on playcalling tendencies. Sark will call a completely different game.

Something in my gut tells me that Clemson is gonna see a lot of Bo, Harris and Jacobs in order to let OJ break the game again...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Probably won't introduce anything new, but call differently. Maybe better at sticking with things till they stop working. If Alabama fans don't know exactly what to expect, I'm not sure how Clemson could either.

Could be interesting to find out how involved with gameplan stuff through the year, and if that was legal or not ;P

Thought Lupoi might be closer to Sark than Kiffin, but who knows. Hope he won't leave, but there's not alot of advancement Alabama can offer. Pruitt or Lupoi???

Maybe Saban did not find Lane's theory of Crock Pot to be a good idea, at least not let it out publically,

Visiting family. Currently in a no alcohol situation, about to watch this game. Can it be done?

It's in the hands of the Gators offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom