• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silkworm

Gator offense. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. :p

Eh, it is what is. Another year of this inept offense and McElwain's seat gets hot. Hope either Trask or Franks can steer this thing in better direction next season. LDR wasn't the answer and AA is definitely not either but at least AA is gone after this game so he'll no longer be an option ;-)

Tanolen

I'm not happy about losing kiffen one week before the title game. But I'm reminded that he missed the bus multiple times, which tells you were his head is probably.

I'm not happy about losing kiffen one week before the title game. But I'm reminded that he missed the bus multiple times, which tells you were his head is probably.

He totally did the same multiple times last season. I feel like he takes way too long with interviews lol

That's seriously lame. Why would you not at least close out the season with the national championship, of all games? I know Kiffin has been everywhere, but it's the national championship. And he's a pretty damn good OC. >__>

jfkgoblue

That's seriously lame. Why would you not at least close out the season with the national championship, of all games? I know Kiffin has been everywhere, but it's the national championship. And he's a pretty damn good OC. >__>
Or in Bama's case, just another Monday night game in January.

Silkworm

Offense HAS to be better.

I hope so. I fear there will be a defensive drop off from this year, so we need the offense to pick up the slack. There are weapons on this team, but they need a solid QB to make it all work. Anyway, I'm glad Eddy can be relied upon to at least get FGs. That's a big improvement over last year :-D

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Gators will have a qb impressing against the fluff of their schedule then he will be injured or arrested or get caught with peds and you will get Jack Chili's to come in and suck.

It's got to be better... right? Only way is up, I hope :)

Well...

Tabor and Brantley are probably gone. Our recruiting dropped significantly and the focus has seemed to be offensive, deservedly. LB should be back on point, though. Shouldn't be bad. Two years from now gives me pause.

Meanwhile, Kentucky seems to be on their way toward developing a non-punching bag. Georgia is keeping their strengths and Eason has only gotten better but uglier. I hear Tennessee's year is next year and every year forever.

Silkworm

Ah, Appleby takes the sack. Great awareness there Austin. :p Ah well, it's better than I expected seeing as the Gators actually scored a 1st half touchdown. I'll take it. *sigh*

Silkworm

Well...

Tabor and Brantley are probably gone. Our recruiting dropped significantly and the focus has seemed to be offensive, deservedly. LB should be back on point, though. Shouldn't be bad. Two years from now gives me pause.

Meanwhile, Kentucky seems to be on their way toward developing a non-punching bag. Georgia is keeping their strengths and Eason has only gotten better but uglier. I hear Tennessee's year is next year and every year forever.

Tennessee are already Champions at Life. They should be content they've got that ;-) Yes, the Gator D will take a hit. They do have some good young guys but they don't hae the experience this year's defensive crew has so there will be some growing pains I expect. I thought Kentucky was on the upswing, but that game against GT? Ouch. I think UGA posses the greatest threat to winning the SEC East next year. I hope that doesn't happen as I detest those hairy dogs :p

I can't see Trask and Franks being worse that Del Rio and Appleby.
If they are worse, then talent evaluation by Coach Mac is putrid and/or he and/or Nuss lacks the ability to coach 'em up. Either way, more warning signals go off if that happens. But I'm optimistic that one of them or both of them will do well next year :)

tebunker

Banned
does saben want kiffin gone that bad or did kiffin just say fuck it? lol

Reports are coming out that it sounds like Kiffin said Eff this over the past month and was mailing it in. It showed in the game. They didn't look like there was a focused game plan.

andycapps

Reports are coming out that it sounds like Kiffin said Eff this over the past month and was mailing it in. It showed in the game. They didn't look like there was a focused game plan.
Apparently showing up to meetings late, getting left behind at Media Day, and yeah, not caring much anymore led to the "mutual" decision to let him go early. And I'm sure he didn't want to be there anymore, and Saban definitely didn't want him there, so I guess in that sense it was mutual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom