• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already decided I am boycotting unless some serious changes are coming on offense. I have been a fan my entire life and went to school there but if Urban doesn't seriously make some staff adjustments I just can't. We have all the talent in the world but the last two years I have seen 0 ability from that staff to develop said talent on offense. Shit the only reason we have won most of our high profile games are because of the talent gap of the players. Oh and because our defense is legit as fuck.
Well judging from the aftergame shitfest

Warriner didn't stay for the press conference so something tells me he might be out the door

Beck's contract runs out in April and we might pull a Withers on him and not bring him back..

Luke's departure does bring a positive.. more money to hire someone of higher quality.

If we didn't bring in Wilson.. I would be shocked since it's all but telegraphed at this point..

The problem with Zack is besides his family.. he's the best recruiter we have on staff. It seems that they could move him to special teams as a possibility as that puts him under a closer watch and allows him to recruit still.

Maybe ask Brian Hartline to come coach WRs?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
What the fuck does that even mean? lol Because I'm tired of Urban doing nothing about shit tier play calling? Look. I am okay with losing because that shit is going to happen but when you look like a wet paper bag on offense with that talent? That is a problem and it's been a problem for 2 years.

Hey, you want to know what I find interesting:

Ohio State ran the ball 23 times against Clemson
Next fewest amount of run attempts in a game this year: 40 times against Penn State

:jnc

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What the fuck does that even mean? lol Because I'm tired of Urban doing nothing about shit tier play calling? Look. I am okay with losing because that shit is going to happen but when you look like a wet paper bag on offense with that talent? That is a problem and it's been a problem for 2 years.

Threatening to boycott your team after losing in the CFP is the most awful hilarious dumb thing for a fan to do ever.

giphy.gif

Well judging from the aftergame shitfest

Warriner didn't stay for the press conference so something tells me he might be out the door

Beck's contract runs out in April and we might pull a Withers on him and not bring him back..

Luke's departure does bring a positive.. more money to hire someone of higher quality.

If we didn't bring in Wilson.. I would be shocked since it's all but telegraphed at this point..

The problem with Zack is besides his family.. he's the best recruiter we have on staff. It seems that they could move him to special teams as a possibility as that puts him under a closer watch and allows him to recruit still.

Maybe ask Brian Hartline to come coach WRs?

Yeah I don't know what they do but they need to do something. O-line and QB especially. I am okay with keeping Zack another year with the WR talent we have coming to see if he can actually do something with it. I am not sure if the fact they can't get seperation is coaching or they just aren't that good.

Kirk Ferentz is being paid $25M to win 9 games once every 5 years and be 7-5 the rest of the time.

Like god damn can you imagine an easier job? No expectations other than "be passably okay".

Threatening to boycott your team after losing in the CFP is the most awful hilarious dumb thing for a fan to do ever.

You are probably right and I am more than likely overreacting but it doesn't change the fact that a team with that amount of talent shouldn't look anything like that abomination that was on the field Saturday.

Sulik2

I've always loved rooting against Penn St. Now it feels like the entire world should be rooting against them. How they didn't get the death penalty I will never know.

man this iowa team is fucking shit

They are. I am an Iowa alum and have hated watching them all year. Low talent, low effort, bad play calling. I also thought Michigan was overrated all year. When Iowa beat them I feel it exposed that fact. I also feel that Ohio State was exposed when they barely beat Michigan. The bowl proformaces of the BigTen have not been suprising to me.

After the OSU/Michigan bowl games it was quite clear the B10 was a fraud this year. I give UM credit for at least playing well for most of the game however. I fully expect Penn St. to get well...and I don't mean this in any sort of ironic way...but raped.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Kirk Ferentz is being paid $25M to win 9 games once every 5 years and be 7-5 the rest of the time.

Like god damn can you imagine an easier job? No expectations other than "be passably okay".

Let's be honest, Iowa is not, nor ever will be a big time NCAA Div 1 program.

What he's done there actually is pretty remarkable for a school that recruits around 40-50th best every year.

It's a 3 star kid kind of place in a conference with 2 teams running out 5 star kids and another 4 schools tossing out 4 star kids.

2 - 5 this bowl season.

And naturally, I'm all for USC continuing the exposure.

Soon to be 3-7 at the end of the day. Can't wait to see what team gets shutout next year in the playoff while everybody says it should have been the other big 10 team in the playoff because they might have done better. Let's go Illini I still love you.

jfkgoblue

What he's done there actually is pretty remarkable for a school that recruits around 40-50th best every year.

It's a 3 star kid kind of place in a conference with 2 teams running out 5 star kids and another 4 schools tossing out 4 star kids.
The 5 star teams are Michigan and Ohio State, but who are the 4 star teams?

PSU and Nebraska are the only 2 I can think of.
I guess Maryland and MSU are fringe there, but Iowa is in the shitastic West, all of the Big Ten's most talented teams are East teams, really Nebraska should dominate the West with how much more talented they are than the rest.

"decision of one man"

Exactly why I have no qualms shitting on the program still nor current staff/players. No, it was a systemic desire to cover up and preserve the football program at the expense of raped kids.

Last year, it didn't feel good to lose our last three games. It feels good to end on a good note this time around.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about Coach Mac and how our offense will be next year. But I'm going to soak this in for now!

Meier

That is true. But he should be paid accordingly for being at a mid-tier at best program. It's a $3m a year (at max) type job and he's been getting $5m for years. Long before most all the big name guys were getting that or near to it.

While I largely agree with this, I feel Iowa could do a much better job with recruiting. Its kind of sad when I see Illinois and Iowa Sate getting better athletes than Iowa. They could be so much better than putting out a "good/great" team every 4-5 years, but yeah, they wont be becoming the next Ohio State of Michigan anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom