• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does that sound familiar?
I think there is a Difference between Chip and Jim. Those being that Chip doesn't have as close of an affinity with a particular university or a desire to show that his offensive system works in the NFL.

Plus Others have made it well known (Helfrich) that he hates recruiting.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Arkansas, A&M, Auburn, SCAR and I'm blanking on the last two.

MSST needed an end of game saving blocked FG to beat a 6-6 MAC team.

no, I know full well others lost, and MSST barely won. MSST is still below .500, Auburn was not going to be up for a Sugar Bowl game, and I'm not going to count on SCAR, Vandy or Kentucky to do anything.

Maybe A&M were fighting to stay in that game, I don't know, didn't watch it. All I remember is being close to a team coached by a very old man, and being teabagged by a Kansas State player.

Arky, though, come on. Come on.

VT fan here, can't believe Jerod Evans declared for the draft. Dude needed another year to refine. I think he's destined to be the next Logan Thomas.

Quake1028

So, someone might beat Bama for the recruiting "title", but it's probably not going to be OSUn. Looks like it will come down to the wire between Bama, UGA and Michigan.

ESPN
1.Bama
2.UGA
3.OSUn
4.Michigan
5.LSU

Scout
1.Bama
2.UGA
3.Michigan
4.Oklahoma
5.OSUn

Rivals
1.Bama
2.UGA
3.OSUn
4.Oklahoma
5.Michigan

24/7
1.Bama
2.OSUn
3.UGA
4.Michigan
5.FSU

Teleconference with Alabama players featured 3 word answers given after media relations whispered what to say. You could hear the whispering

So, someone might beat Bama for the recruiting "title", but it's probably not going to be OSUn. Looks like it will come down to the wire between Bama, UGA and Michigan.

ESPN
1.Bama
2.UGA
3.OSUn
4.Michigan
5.LSU

Scout
1.Bama
2.UGA
3.Michigan
4.Oklahoma
5.OSUn

Rivals
1.Bama
2.UGA
3.OSUn
4.Oklahoma
5.Michigan

24/7
1.Bama
2.OSUn
3.UGA
4.Michigan
5.FSU

Why would it "probably" not be OSU if they end up getting Okudah/Holmes/Harris (Jaylen). Not saying they will be of course just can't see how you are saying won't be outside of Scouts not knowing how to rank recruiting. No wonder that shit went bankrupt.

Lonestar

Haha. They got plenty in conference.

They did get some run tackling tape!

Probably helped that alot of it didn't feature Bo.

I guess I'll try to add a list of potentials to leave early from Alabama:
Cam Robinson: Yes
Marlon Humphrey: I'd lean yes, but probably should stay to improve
RaShaan Evans: I hope not, but he might have gotten enough attention to go.
Tony Brown, Da'Shawn Hand, Ross Pierschbacer: Probably not, either not good enough or not enough time with more playing time next year
Shaun Dion Hamilton: had playing time, but tearing his knee means he can't do anything till next year.
Ardarius Stewart: Think he's a RS JR. One of our best 2 wideouts, but we haven't showcased him like Julio or Cooper. I'd lean no, but possible.

Not sure: Bo Scarbrough. He started in that same class, but also did the 1 year prep school thing and came in the next year. But I'd say this would be his 3rd year after high school, and I think that's what they go by. I'd really want him to stay, but maybe Alabama can float that possibility to Najee Harris, if playing time is actually a worry.

Past that, the main worries would be transfers. Quite a few notable recruits in this class that really haven't hit the field much. Christian Miller (LB), Ronnie Clark (DB/RB), Cam Sims (WR), JC Hausseneur (OL).

Off the top of my head, the SR's are
Reuben Foster
Jon Allen
OJ Howard
Ryan Anderson
Eddie Jackson
Tim Williams
Dalvin Tomlinson

Which obviously will hurt, alot.

ESPN
1.Bama
2.UGA
3.OSUn
4.Michigan
5.LSU

Scout
1.Bama
2.UGA
3.Michigan
4.Oklahoma
5.OSUn

Rivals
1.Bama
2.UGA
3.OSUn
4.Oklahoma
5.Michigan

24/7
1.Bama
2.OSUn
3.UGA
4.Michigan
5.FSU

On the other side Bama,UGA, and UM have 6-9 more commits than OSU and theyre still that high in the rankings.

andycapps

Penn Stat Drive results:

INT
PUNT
PUNT
TOUCHDOWN x 7
FUMBLE
PUNT
PUNT
INT

They went 5 plays or less on all their Non TD drives and only had 3 drives of over 5 plays.

Wonder if the Vols try to lure Tee Martin away from USC.

I could see them trying to lure him to be HC when they fire Booch after next season.

USC OC to Tennessee OC would be quite the downgrade. With the kind of skill position recruits SC brings in every year it's got to be a pretty cushy gig.

Lonestar

It'll let Tennessee be reminded that Peyton Manning didn't win the National title that year, Tee Martin did.

jfkgoblue

In some new Najee Harris rumors, Michigan insiders are now saying he is a Michigan lock... TBH I just want this shit to be over.

In some new Najee Harris rumors, Michigan insiders are now saying he is a Michigan lock... TBH I just want this shit to be over.

Bama insiders are saying the same thing. Literally no point in listening to any of it till he shows up on campus. Whichever that is.

I'm obviously biased, but I think we hold onto him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom