• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

JT announced hes coming back for his senior season. Excited to see what he can do with an actual OC.

Of course he was coming back. He doesn't have a future in the NFL, at least as a QB. He'll be the best QB in Ohio State history that can't throw an accurate pass.

But we shall see who was really to blame for his regression over the last 2 years. Hopefully he can end on a high note.

Of course he was coming back. He doesn't have a future in the NFL, at least as a QB. He'll be the best QB in Ohio State history that can't throw an accurate pass.

But we shall see who was really to blame for his regression over the last 2 years. Hopefully he can end on a high note.

Poor JT, will be first QB to got 4-0 vs Michigan, currently has around 20 OSU records and won tons of B1G awards and gets no respect. The last 2 years the play calling has been ass, if you watch the WR routes we dont give JT a chance to make throws. We saw his potential vs Oklahoma this year and they somehow squandered it all away.

Gorillaz

JT is also one of Urban first picks for osu recruiting. Urban been attached to him for awhile

I can see a push to reinvent what they can of his game this last year.

HeySeuss

Poor JT, will be first QB to got 4-0 vs Michigan, currently has around 20 OSU records and won tons of B1G awards and gets no respect. The last 2 years the play calling has been ass, if you watch the WR routes we dont give JT a chance to make throws. We saw his potential vs Oklahoma this year and they somehow squandered it all away.

He's a hell of a college QB no question. But you can't argue that accuracy is one of his strong points. He's got it in him, but I don't hold much hope that he can return to form in such a short time with a new QB coach. I hope I'm wrong.

There is no such thing as "triple coverage". What that was is called bracket coverage, where both safety's are to play deep and trail the middle while the corner shades him and tries to get underneath.

Darnold just happens to have fucking ridiculous arm talent and anticipation.

JT is also one of Urban first picks for osu recruiting. Urban been attached to him for awhile

I can see a push to reinvent what they can of his game this last year.
I believe that Wilson and Day can.. we can say a lot about JT.. but Tom has shown that he is coachable if a coach approaches it correctly.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 15m15 minutes ago
@MattRHinton @ralphDrussoAP @DanRubenstein in a college football quarterback draft, where does Barrett get picked?

If you took all the existing QBs in college football, and let teams draft in order of worst team to Alabama, where would JT Barrett go? Top 5? Top 10? Top 50?

If you took all the existing QBs in college football, and let teams draft in order of worst team to Alabama, where would JT Barrett go? Top 5? Top 10? Top 50?

Does the team have an OC who knows how to maximize his skillset? If so top 7ish

Is the OC Tim Beck/an old dude from kansas? Top 50

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i..._practice_report_notes_41.html#incart_gallery

Watching Jalen Hurts for a little bit, he was off on some of his early passes. The freshman shook his head at one point, turned around and delivered a hard strike across the middle. An improved performance from the Peach Bowl will be crucial Monday night.

Come on, Jalen. I've been rooting for you since the spring…

Also, Tua apparently says Najee is his roommate, and they're going to Bama together? I don't even know anymore.

Kevtones

Darren Carrington COMING BACK for his Senior season. He was the Oregon receiver that torched Jalen Ramsey for 7/165/2 TDs in the Rose Bowl in 2015. He's been injured (or suspended) since.

Freeman/Carrington/Nelson/Crosby - all 4 All-Pac are back. Oregon O is going to be solid and the Leavitt D with 20/22 two-deep returning along with a bunch of good new D recruits...

Gotta' figure out our TE position though.

Andodalf

Banned
Hugh Millen said on the radio here he thinks Reuben Foster is the greatest college LB he's ever seen.

Best ILB Prospect Since Luke Kuechly IMO. Unbelievable run fitter, Solid in coverage (Man and Zone!), Quality Blitzer. He could not improve a bit and start on NFL rosters for a decade. His ceiling is being a multi-time Pro Bowler. SI just mocked him going to the Titans at #5, and I think anything below that would be a tremendous value.

Kevtones

Best ILB Prospect Since Luke Kuechly IMO. Unbelievable run fitter, Solid in coverage (Man and Zone!), Quality Blitzer. He could not improve a bit and start on NFL rosters for a decade. His ceiling is being a multi-time Pro Bowler. SI just mocked him going to the Titans at #5, and I think anything below that would be a tremendous value.

If the Titans and get him and Mike Williams *bueno*.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Early #s indicate the bowls are still tanking hardcore in terms of attendance across the board.

From 2016

CBS Sports

Still, the average crowd dropped to 43,817 for this bowl season. The average was skewed by the addition of two new bowls that brought the number of postseason games to 41 -- 40 bowls plus the College Football Playoff National Championship. Average attendance at bowls is down 17 percent since 2009-10, when there were 52,961 fans for the final season with 33 bowls.

Early article from 2017

Orlando Sentinel

More than 1.635 million people attended bowl games this postseason, with an average of 40,892 spectators at each game – down around 5 percent from the previous season’s average of 43,002 – based on numbers provided by the Football Bowl Association.

LosDaddie

Banned
I don't post on GAF much anymore, but here's a view from my seats during the Orange Bowl:

1QmwA5M.jpg

Good seats. Great game. These tickets were my Christmas present to my bro. Thankfully, the wives allowed us to go.

Been a long time since I've been to Joe Robbie. Would have been the WVU vs. Clemson Orange Bowl in 2012. The improvements just look crazy. That stadium is the king of flexibility I feel like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom