• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
Drayton is another good crooter. I just wish Texas would have ponied up the money for Brewster rather than stick with that Houston guy.

ugh they offeset a shit hire with a great one. I miss Drayton dude could build a RB for sure. I like Alford, but Drayton was fantastic.
I do too and the Bears will miss him and so will Jordan Howard for the bears in my opinion.

Alford is doing fine.. Beck is going to be locked in the closet in my opinion.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I just don't see it, Fleck is gonna get a big time program next year if he continues what he is doing at WMU. i think Florida or Tennessee will give him a serious look.
Florida is not going to fire McElwaine on the heels of back-to-back appearances in the SECCG, unless they find him snorting blow off a hooker's ass under Tebow's plaque.

El_Chino

Florida is not going to fire McElwaine on the heels of back-to-back appearances in the SECCG, unless they find him snorting blow off a hooker's ass under Tebow's plaque.

If they go 9-4 again I can see it
As sad as it is, Florida football is, record wise, on its best two year streak in a while (19-8). Obviously he'll have to win the SEC one day but as of right now I SERIOUSLY doubt they'll think about firing him unless he wins less than 9 games next year.

jfkgoblue

As sad as it is, Florida football is, record wise, on its best two year streak in a while (19-8). Obviously he'll have to win the SEC one day but as of right now I SERIOUSLY doubt they'll think about firing him unless he wins less than 9 games next year.
Florida new Nebraska confirmed.

Some of the Minn players calling out the administration. Saying it was a terrible decision and they will look to transfer regardless of who the new coach is.

Per McMurphy.

C1SPhZ7UsAArnnK.jpg

Matt Hinton ‏@MattRHinton 9m9 minutes ago
Good protection vs. three-man rush but this is first-round NFL stuff.

If Darnold doesn't regress the tanking for him is gonna be insane.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It's not like there's a elite coach out there available.

Yeah, Florida already missed out on Kiffin.

Speaking of which, I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand it's nice that Sark can step in after being an "analyst" for the season. Almost feels unfair. But at the same time it still seems a little risky from a continuity standpoint. Will suck for Sark Bama ends up losing and doesn't look good on offense, he'll never live it down.

El_Chino

Yeah, Florida already missed out on Kiffin.

Speaking of which, I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand it's nice that Sark can step in after being an "analyst" for the season. Almost feels unfair. But at the same time it still seems a little risky from a continuity standpoint. Will suck for Sark Bama ends up losing and doesn't look good on offense, he'll never live it down.
Kiffin and Florida don't have good history lol. I don't think a lot of people at Florida would want him anyways.

bachikarn

Florida new Nebraska confirmed.

I'm assuming you are a Michigan fan. You probably don't realize it, but UF has had essentially the same record the last two seasons as Michigan. We lost out on playing a scrub team in November, which we would have won easily. So basically two 10 win seasons. Same as Michigan (of course, we aren't paying our coach 9 fucking million dollars to not win our division and lose to our most heated rival). So you comparing us to Nebraska is kind of ironic.

El_Chino

Mac's done fine for now but if his recruiting continues to be ass then he needs to get canned.
It's going to take an army of elite recruiters, not just him.
lol, how is it ass? What ranking does it need to be for him to not get canned?
People expect top 5. McElwain's staff has found diamonds in the rough.
Florida should be top 10 in recruiting every year. Even Muschamp was able to do that while there.
It's the only thing Muschamp was good at besides defense.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

jfkgoblue

I'm assuming you are a Michigan fan. You probably don't realize it, but UF has had essentially the same record the last two seasons as Michigan. We lost out on playing a scrub team in November, which we would have won easily. So basically two 10 win seasons. Same as Michigan (of course, we aren't paying our coach 9 fucking million dollars to not win our division and lose to our most heated rival). So you comparing us to Nebraska is kind of ironic.
it was because 9-4 was a Bo Pelini meme.

bachikarn

Florida should never have worse recruiting classes than South Carolina and Maryland.

You know there is still a month left till NSD right? Both of their classes are basically done, while we still have ~10 kids to add. We will be way higher than them when everything is wrapped up.

Bowler

Seriously. Not a single person with any remote level of involvement is still anywhere near that program.

The only place I still see this type of shit is here, and extreme youtube-quality comment sections on various articles. Nowhere else. Good company we're keeping.

Same people that talk trash about syracuse. Gets old.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
@AJ_DonWilliams
Not to pile on Mack Brown, but Pat Mahomes said the former Longhorns' coach wanted Patrick Mahomes as a safety.
I miss that man

I have a hard time believing that.

Texas got their QB in that class (Heard) really early and Mahomes never mentioned them at all in his recruitment (though he mentioned TCU, Oklahoma State, and A&M at some point).

Maybe there was some kind of bare minimum contact but if nothing else "wanted him as a safety" probably just translates to "called him once or twice after they already got Heard."

I have a hard time believing that.

Texas got their QB in that class (Heard) really early and Mahomes never mentioned them at all in his recruitment (though he mentioned TCU, Oklahoma State, and A&M at some point).

Maybe there was some kind of bare minimum contact but if nothing else "wanted him as a safety" probably just translates to "called him once or twice after they already got Heard."

Yeah it's not like Mahomes was highly touted. We got our QB, Mahomes was likely told "I mean you can still come if you want, but you need to GS, and you're not likely to crack the QB depth chart".

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
He should have just said, "It was an unintentional accident." Instead, he tried to justify why his teammate fisted a guy on the field. wat?
To be fair, nobody would buy that it was an "unintentional accident."

Edit: also, "unintentional accident" as opposed to an "intentional accident"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom