• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aubrun proved that the SEC is still Bama and then everyone else.

Cu7d2FWVYAAFs35.jpg

What is a Big 12? Lol

(Auburn proved that all in their own, did they? I'm all for piling on that other school from the state, but we had a ton of stinkers aside from them)

Jim Mora Jr on the hiring of Jedd Fisch as Offensive Coordinator: "I didn't really talk to anyone that runs a spread. As far as I know, spread teams have never won a national championship."

Does Jim Mora Jr not watch College Football?

Ohio State 2014
Auburn 2010
Florida 2008
Florida 2006
Texas 2005
Oklahoma 2000

Even when Bama wins it this year, their offense has incorporated a ton of spread principles this season.

El_Chino

Jim Mora Jr on the hiring of Jedd Fisch as Offensive Coordinator: "I didn't really talk to anyone that runs a spread. As far as I know, spread teams have never won a national championship."

Does Jim Mora Jr not watch College Football?

Ohio State 2014
Auburn 2010
Florida 2008
Florida 2006
Texas 2005
Oklahoma 2000

Even when Bama wins it this year, their offense has incorporated a ton of spread principles this season.
What an idiot.

Slo

I'm just glad we waited until Lane Kiffin was off the market before we fired Claeys. I couldn't take the stress.

Former LSU football coach Les Miles flew to Twin Cities Wed. and is meeting with Univ. of Minnesota officials, sources tell @120Sports.

Yeeeesss, I need les back in my life

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Is he? He maintained an elite team at LSU which is not an elite program.
Louisiana is a very talent-rich state. LSU has more DB and WR talent than just about any team in the nation, and is solid in the trenches on both sides with talent equal to pretty much any school. LSU has just had shit luck with QBs, and Les severely underperformed relative to the talent level of his team.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Les being in Louisiana for a decade, still don't think he'll have any luck drawing any of those kids to come all the way up to Minnesota.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Louisiana is a very talent-rich state. LSU has more DB and WR talent than just about any team in the nation, and is solid in the trenches on both sides with talent equal to pretty much any school. LSU has just had shit luck with QBs, and Les severely underperformed relative to the talent level of his team.

This is my opinion.

I think his best years were after Nick Saban and LSU sort of slowly devolved after that.

Never understood how he couldn't form some sort of an offense with the pieces he had

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

I agree and disagree.

He had shit luck with QBs, but I wouldn't say he underperformed. His QBs sucked so they performed at the QB level.

If anything more like Saban has over performed despite not exactly running an offense with elite level QBs ever season.

It's less Les had shit QB luck and more he couldn't recruit and develop any worth a damn. I know they got some blue chippers that didn't turn out, but I never understood why they got players like Brandon Harris that clearly didn't fit what they wanted to do offensively.

CBS report of a 12.35(i do that right?) report.

That Najee had the ticket made for B'ham, Alabama.
Maybe Tua locked it up?

I doubt anyone's making Najee's mind but Najee at this point. Still think we get him, unless he just really wants to be the guy as a true freshman. He has to know he's gonna get his touches in Tuscaloosa, though, and he could very well be the primary tailback by his sophomore year; for a program that's proven better at turning out quality RB's than any other in the country right now, no less.

If we don't, Saban will just use another 5* lol. Hope he's happy and successful wherever he ends up though. He's a hell of a talent.

mre

I agree and disagree.

He had shit luck with QBs, but I wouldn't say he underperformed. His QBs sucked so they performed at the QB level.

If anything more like Saban has over performed despite not exactly running an offense with elite level QBs ever season.
The offensive philosophy Les chose to go with caused just as much issues for LSU as their (relatively) shit QBs.

Is there any page where I can see which players sat out their bowl game to avoid risking an injury?

Fournette and the McCaffrey were notable absentees, but who else?

Is there any page where I can see which players sat out their bowl game to avoid risking an injury?

45% of ohio state's starters, was a shame too. Thought they would at least play in a non exhibition game.

45% of ohio state's starters, was a shame too. Thought they would at least play in a non exhibition game.

I was thinking about how many bowl games were lost due to players sitting out.

I had money on Ohio St to win, but I didnt know there were that many sitting out. Would have changed my bet for sure.

@KSTPSports 20m20 minutes ago
Western Michigan's P.J. Fleck expected to be named new Gophers head football coach:

the dreams dead :(

I find it hilarious because former Rutgers LB Najee Clayton was going to transfer from RU to WMU to play for Fleck.

I don't know if he already filed the paperwork, because now he'll be stuck playing a coach he had no intent playing for.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Baylor's Shock Linwood said he wasn't playing so he could get ready for the NFL but honestly it was probably more about him just being checked out all season anyway.

jfkgoblue

We elite get outta here bruh.
LSU fans are among the most delusional CFB fans around. (yes I realize you are not a LSU fan mre) If LSU was elite, why did they end up hiring Orgeron?

LSU does not keep in state talent very well historically. Bama, Texas and A&M have all done better there than LSU. Pretty sure Georgia Tech has just as many SEC titles as LSU ffs.
CBS report of a 12.35(i do that right?) report.

That Najee had the ticket made for B'ham, Alabama.
Maybe Tua locked it up?
We shall see, but the Tua rumors were false. Michigan guys don't trust this at all, but like I said, we shall see.

jfkgoblue

Sustained success longer than a single decade. 2nd largest fanbase in the country behind only OSU. Highest revenue of any athletic department. Largest stadium in the country. Most all time wins in CFB(and winning pct). Huge national brand.

pxleyes

Banned
Former LSU football coach Les Miles flew to Twin Cities Wed. and is meeting with Univ. of Minnesota officials, sources tell @120Sports.

Yeeeesss, I need les back in my life

I worry they wont have enough green grass to sustain him up in the frigid north of Minnesota.

Sustained success longer than a single decade. 2nd largest fanbase in the country behind only OSU. Highest revenue of any athletic department. Largest stadium in the country. Most all time wins in CFB(and winning pct). Huge national brand.

And international.

You could show the yellow M to people in Australia and the majority would know its for Michigan.

I suppose its mainly due to seeing the "M" in movies/tv shows.

Yale and Harvard would probably only be the other more recognisable names here.

mre

When was the last time you had an impact on the national championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom