• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

tebunker

Banned
Lol i love how that article is based on absolutely nothing.

That could be said for that "reporter's" entire career it looks like. Dude needed to hit a word count for the site, had to get some traffic. Supposedly that guy has written 4-5 similar articles over the last 5 years. Knows he can pull out the ole Saban to *** and make some money.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
That could be said for that "reporter's" entire career it looks like. Dude needed to hit a word count for the site, had to get some traffic. Supposedly that guy has written 4-5 similar articles over the last 5 years. Knows he can pull out the ole Saban to *** and make some money.
I'm just impressed we made it this far in the season before the rumors started this year.

tebunker

Banned
I'm just impressed we made it this far in the season before the rumors started this year.

Nick's been pretty pro-active this year on commenting on it. I am pretty sure he said something like twice.

I don't begrudge the reporter, I feel sorry for all the folks in that clowns twitter feed though.

andycapps

Not sure if Andy posted this yet or not.

Rodrigo Blankenship’s father: Son being refused a scholarship is ‘a crushing hardship for his family’

His dad wrote a letter into Dawg Nation on the matter. Totally agree with his dad. Kid totally getting the shaft especially in this sham that is billion dollar amateurism CFB.

Rodrigo, aka Hot Rod, has now responded to this controversy.

Dear Bulldog Nation, It is of the opinion of many of you that my performance this season has justified that I be placed on scholarship. It is of the opinion of many of you that my performance this season failed to justify a scholarship. My opinion of whether or not I feel a scholarship is warranted is rather irrelevant, therefore I will not voice my opinion on the matter. Georgia deserves the best players it can possibly find at every position and in order for this program to regain the national notoriety and respect that it so rightfully deserves, the program demands production short of impeccable. It is evident Georgia deserved better than what I was able to offer this season, and I would like to apologize for my clearly-defined deficiencies. I would also like to apologize for my father’s interactions with the media this season. He acted without my knowledge each time, and each incident was uncalled for.

I have received unwavering encouragement as well s my fair share of “constructive criticism from all of you this season and I hope that I will be fortunate enough to continue to receive support from the best fan base in the nation as we progress into the offseason and on into the next season. I hope that through this offseason I will develop into the kicker that Georgia expects of me. I love the University of Georgia with everything that I have to offer, and I will continue to grind and work to become the athlete that the team deserves in order to be as successful as possible. I appreciate the love and affection that I have come across throughout the course of this past season, and I hope that I can continue to earn everybody’s trust and patronage as we move forward. Sincerely, The Kicker.

Slo

Edit: Damnit buck! This was my moment! This was my "getting blown out in the semifinals" moment!

Local wonks think Fleck to the 'ophers is done.

http://kfan.iheart.com/onair/gopher-blog-35312/report-announcement-coming-this-am-on-15444396/

REPORT: Announcement Coming This AM On 6-Year, $21MM Deal For P.J. Fleck

By: Aj Mansour | KFAN.com
@AjKFAN

The courting process might have taken a little longer than many had hoped, but at the end of the day the University of Minnesota has reportedly got the deal done to bring in former Western Michigan head coach P.J. Fleck to be the next coach of the Golden Gophers football team.

The source close to the situation reports that the deal will be a six-year contract for $21MM. At roughly $3.5 million a year Fleck stands to become the sixth highest paid football coach in the Big Ten.

An official announcement is expected around 9:00am Friday morning.

Slo

I mean, what did they expect? Realistically, Fleckster will only lead us to 2, maybe 3 Rose Bowls before the he moves on to the Alabama job in 4 or 5 years.

That's how the CFB food chain works.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, what did they expect? Realistically, Fleckster will only lead us to 2, maybe 3 Rose Bowls before the he moves on to the Alabama job in 4 or 5 years.

That's how the CFB food chain works.

I would guess that it's the timing that hurts the most. The coaching carousel was essentially over and they were "safe" with Fleck until next offseason.

Karl2177

Michigan is nowhere near as prestigious as Iowa State. I mean, you see the logo below and you say "that's clearly Iowa Fuckin' State, and couldn't be Indiana State, Illinois State, or Idaho State."

7519_illinois_state_redbirds-alternate-1964.gif

Then you see this logo and you say, "Who could this be? Maryland? Michigan? Minnesota? Monmouth? I don't know. Fuck off with this shit, I want the Iowa State logo again."

h1nch

I don't follow College FB that closely, but I just watched the PJ Fleck introductory conference, and holy shit even I want to run through walls for that guy.

Minny won the coaching carousel.. Slo did it.

I don't follow College FB that closely, but I just watched the PJ Fleck introductory conference, and holy shit even I want to run through walls for that guy.
He's going to be a star and Minny is the perfect place for him. It lets him use his Midwest recruiting ties to the fullest.

Karl2177

If Harbs went to ISU, would he have to wear khaki overalls?

We don't want Harbaugh. He lost to Iowa. A joke cropped up on reddit a few years back about Les Miles to Iowa State.

Also because no one pointed it out, that ISU logo is the alternate Illinois State logo that ESPN uses occasionally.

cdyhybrid

We don't want Harbaugh. He lost to Iowa. A joke cropped up on reddit a few years back about Les Miles to Iowa State.

Also because no one pointed it out, that ISU logo is the alternate Illinois State logo that ESPN uses occasionally.
There's a reason no one pointed it out

The coaches that'll be on ESPN's coach's film room broadcast of the title game are:

Dino Babers (Syracuse)
Dave Doeren (NC State)
PJ Fleck (Minnesota)
Mark Helfrich (awkward)
Mike MacIntrye (Colorado)
Matt Rhule (Baylor, which, gross)

Apparently they're gonna be running it with limited commercials or something, so that they'll continue breaking the game down during commercial timeouts. I caught some of last year's and thought it was kinda dope, this could be cool.

ag-my001

There aren't any more ads than the NFL, yet the NFL does not have this problem.
Despite the shift to more spread principles, the NFL still has a lot more "three yards and a cloud of dust". The clock keeps moving much more regularly.

One way to shorten college games might be to only stop the clock for five seconds max on first downs. Still some time to set up, possibly spike the ball, but the clock we'll run a bit more.

We all know commercials are the answer and the one thing that won't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom