• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
If they can turn things around, then yeah that would be good. Their stadium is an NFL one located off-campus. Ideally, they need to be looking to move out of there (even though it's nice) and build a modest on-campus one. And expand it later as necessary.

UCF gets a lot of crap because our stadium looks and is barebones, but it is basically using the Doak model at FSU. Start medium size (40kish), expand slowly around it, then of course add seating capacity as it is warranted. We can expand to 55k then 65k.

Your stadium looks like a local short track built in the 90s.

KingGondo

Banned
Wow. I guess I didn't realize ISU went 0-9 in conference.

Yikes. $1.71 million/year for *that.*

I mean, I like Rhoads and I realize ISU is a tough place to win at, but jeez.

Karl2177

Wow. I guess I didn't realize ISU went 0-9 in conference.

Yikes. $1.71 million/year for *that.*

I mean, I like Rhoads and I realize ISU is a tough place to win at, but jeez.

Yeah. It sucked. Word around here is that Rhoads is gone next year unless he makes a bowl. Wally Burnham is likely to retire before next season. If Rhoads does get canned, then Mangino would be hired for head coach.

If I were on the coaching staff, I'd be looking at O-Line recruits. Richardson is good if he can get another 2 seconds in the pocket. Wimberly is good if he gets a hole to run through. Right now, we have 1 good O-line player and he's graduating this spring.

Ace 8095

We tried to schedule an exhibition match as an unofficial bowl game with UAB. The NCAA wouldn't allow it.

Just wanted to say that some of us at UAB have, in fact, been working on the possibility of trying to set up one final exhibition "bowl" game. Unfortunately it sounds like the NCAA isn't gonna allow it, and we certainly don't want to jeopardize another school's program.
I received this reply from the athletic director at Georgia Southern today:

"I am saddened by what has happened to the Football program at UAB. Our President and myself began to discuss this very idea last week. I reached out to the NCAA through our compliance office and was informed that we would not be eligible to play in such an event which would be considered a 13'th game. I appreciate your desire to reward the young men by trying to have one more game. I know my news doesn't help I however wanted you to know we were thinking of you in Birmingham.
Tom"

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2opnex/sorry_guys_uab_vs_georgia_southern_isnt_gonna/

ag-my001

WAIT! I'VE GOT IT!

Florida has only played 11 games. They can still play one more for the "regular" season! Time to step up and show some charity, gators.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
WAIT! I'VE GOT IT!

Florida has only played 11 games. They can still play one more for the "regular" season! Time to step up and show some charity, gators.
Hell, they're going to be in Birmingham already...

Schmitty

Any of CFB gaf plan on going to any of the playoff games? I wonder how attendance will be for these games. It's going to be expensive to go to both games so I wonder how fans will decide whether to wait for a win or go to the first one.

Your stadium looks like a local short track built in the 90s.
Meh. Fine by me. Has been great and is a big reason why our program is doing as well as it is now. Trashy race tracks fit right in with the south!

We can upgrade it as time goes on. Capacity and amenity/aesthetic wise.

mre

Supposedly Meeeeechigan has finally actually really honestly for real this time reached out to Les Miles' agent.*

*For once not Jimmy Sexton.

Supposedly Meeeeechigan has finally actually really honestly for real this time reached out to Les Miles' agent.*

*For once not Jimmy Sexton.

This seems like their best shot at a coach who could make some noise in the conference. If Les goes, I wonder if LSU will take a stab at Kirbs.

Piggus

Any of CFB gaf plan on going to any of the playoff games? I wonder how attendance will be for these games. It's going to be expensive to go to both games so I wonder how fans will decide whether to wait for a win or go to the first one.

I was going to go to the Rose Bowl because I assumed we wouldn't have enough tickets for the championship game. But I got a ticket for the championship so I'm going to take my chances with that instead. You're right, too expensive to go to both and I can't take much time off work.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
OVER OUR COLD DEAD BODIES

Though, you know, he is certainly capable of being in a better situation than Duke. He has done wonders for the program, but the money and fan support will never rival that of Michigan or other large schools.

He also won't get fired for going 5-7 like next season will be. Nobody on the Duke boards seems concerned. If he's not going to Tennessee, he's not going to Michigan.

jjasper

Cut turning down the job isn't super surprising. The guy has said for years after he got fired at Ole Miss he never wanted a stressful job with high expectations again.

Jhriad

Wow.

Pelini could have done way better than that.

No, that's about right. Anyone worth their salt looking for a HC will dive deep and see some pretty hairy stats. Not to mention his demeanor and clashes with administration. As a DC though he could have done way better.

Michigan should get someone who will play a triple option offence.

Everyone should play a triple option offence.

The most entertaining style of offence I have seen.

Also, who thinks Johnny Football will go well this weekend? I hear he is starting his first match against Cincinnati. I think he will do well.

ryan-ts

So Cutcliffe got offered the coaching position while one of the most reputable sources in Michigan has heard good news about Harbaugh?

Makes no sense

PS Brandt is full of shit. Earlier this year he tweeted about how it was more likely to see John Harbaugh coaching Michigan.

As a Buckeye I hate even thinking about this, but if Michigan were smart, they'd do everything they possibly could to steal Tom Herman away from Urban.

Can't imagine it would happen, but holy shit, that would pretty much guarantee Ten-Year War 2.0.

mre

You missed his comment yesterday. I already expressed my disgust with him wanting to bring chop blocks to schools across the country.
Oh, no, I saw that one. I gave the first one a pass. But then he doubled down in his attempt to send college football offenses everywhere back to the 1960's or 1970's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom