• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggus

You're basically saying you're down with whatever uniform designs they come up with, as long as 17-18 year olds in highschool enjoy it. Pardon me for not agreeing with today's youth on what is or isn't cool.

I'm down with whatever uniform that I like. I don't let some dumbfuck sense of tradition determine whether I like something or not. And even if I don't like something they wear (which does happen), the talent coming to the program (whether the uniforms get them interested or not) is much more important than the uniforms themselves.

So Charlie Strong landed all 5 of the Florida commits that he was targeting + 1 extra. I hope this strategy of getting many Florida kids improves our program.

andycapps

I'm down with whatever uniform that I like. I don't let some dumbfuck sense of tradition determine whether I like something or not. And even if I don't like something they wear (which does happen), the talent coming to the program (whether the uniforms get them interested or not) is much more important than the uniforms themselves.

I don't think highschool kids are going to make a decision on where to play football and get an education based solely on the uniforms. But yes, talent is more important than uniforms, I'm not sure who you're arguing with here. Nobody ever said that wasn't the case. Most of us just don't like the highschool ass looking uniforms that Oregon comes out with every week.

Piggus

I don't think highschool kids are going to make a decision on where to play football and get an education based solely on the uniforms. But yes, talent is more important than uniforms, I'm not sure who you're arguing with here. Nobody ever said that wasn't the case. Most of us just don't like the highschool ass looking uniforms that Oregon comes out with every week.

I didn't say they would. But it's widely known that they're certainly a factor and help with recruiting. That's all that really matters to me in the end.

I don't really care if people who like other teams don't like our uniforms. I like the fact that our style is non-traditional, even if it doesn't always work well.

Draxal

I didn't say they would. But it's widely known that they're certainly a factor and help with recruiting. That's all that really matters to me in the end.

I don't really care if people who like other teams don't like our uniforms. I like the fact that our style is non-traditional, even if it doesn't always work well.

Yes and no, they distinguish you from the crowd, but once you're out of the crowd it doesn't matter anymore.

andycapps

Then you might as well get used to us complaining about it. Just as when Georgia Tech is brought up, we're going to talk about them being Chop Block U.

Speaking of Chop Block U, was this posted last week regarding the Tech student that hacked UGA's school calendar being indicted with felony computer hacking? Maximum penalty is 15 years in prison and $50k in fines.

Piggus

Then you might as well get used to us complaining about it. Just as when Georgia Tech is brought up, we're going to talk about them being Chop Block U.

Speaking of Chop Block U, was this posted last week regarding the Tech student that hacked UGA's school calendar being indicted with felony computer hacking? Maximum penalty is 15 years in prison and $50k in fines.

I'm completely used to it. Doesn't mean I can't tell the haters to deal. with. it. :)

MIMIC

Banned
Champ game jerseys:

B6mSZbRCMAASaXM.jpg

B6mSaF8CEAAiJ50.jpg

OK, I see Ohio State, but where's Oregon?

Does seem odd that you're known for kooky, flamboyant unis, then, when playing in the mofo-ing national championship, you roll out something so bland and standard.

Oregon will lose because of this.

Me too. I can imagine Delany sitting in his office thinking, "I need to get MSU out of this division so they don't muck up the stakes of the OSU-UM game."

I can imagine that too, scarily enough. The problem this year with the B1G East was the road to the CCG was too narrow, it was only interesting for a day. Kills the drama.

I don't think there will be realignment, but some fans wanted to be in the West.

Michigan State fans? I remember hearing some of that before the East/West split as we have a lot of alumni in Chicago. Plus we had that tryst with Wiscy for a hot second, which Delany's scheduling and Fatty Beilema's departure quelled that. For the better, I'd say, having Ohio State on the schedule is way more beneficial than Wisconsin.

Draxal

I can imagine that too, scarily enough. The problem this year with the B1G East was the road to the CCG was too narrow, it was only interesting for a day. Kills the drama.

Michigan State fans? I remember hearing some of that before the East/West split as we have a lot of alumni in Chicago. Plus we had that tryst with Wiscy for a hot second, which Delany's scheduling and Fatty Beilema's departure quelled that. For the better, I'd say, having Ohio State on the schedule is way more beneficial than Wisconsin.

They think the schedule is just that much easier, but I think you guys need access to Ohio, NJ and Maryland for recruiting.

They think the schedule is just that much easier, but I think you guys need access to Ohio, NJ and Maryland for recruiting.

Yeah, MSU fans are famous for that line of thinking instead of embracing the opportunities the East division gives us. Schedule strength will fluctuate over time, the West is soft now, but it won't be forever. Sowing strong seeds where the athletes are is much more important.

Well when you're a program with no tradition anything you do is non traditional.

Piggus

Well when you're a program with no tradition anything you do is non traditional.

Like I said, it's our tradition to be non-traditional. So if you're trying to be insulting about our past history and lack of relevance compared to other major programs, go ahead and try lol. I don't care about the past, all I care about is THIS season. All I'll care about next year is next year's season, etc.

How boring would it be if only the "traditional" powers were relevant every year? Let's just put Penn State and Notre Dame in the championship every year regardless of records. Because tradition is super duper important and stuff.

Like I said, it's our tradition to be non-traditional. So if you're trying to be insulting about our past history and lack of relevance compared to other major programs, go ahead and try lol. I don't care about the past, all I care about is THIS season. All I'll care about next year is next year's season, etc.

How boring would it be if only the "traditional" powers were relevant every year? Let's just put Penn State and Notre Dame in the championship every year regardless of records. Because tradition is super duper important and stuff.

Well most non traditional powers aren't buying their way to relevancy in the college football landscape. I wonder how you would feel if Phil Knight had matriculated at Oregon State, or if Chip Kelly had been a bit more Mike Gundy.

Man this post has some little brother/johnny-come-lately stink to it. Oregon's been a legit power for over 15 years now. Embrace it.

ag-my001

It was him taking people's calls during the game. I missed it the first time, but the end of the 2nd and 3rd quarter of that broadcast should be glorious
I posted during the game, but he took a halftime call from "Jim from Tuscaloosa". Basically railing against Alabama's defense, while being talked down by Paul and co. saying "it's only one half, wait for the second half".

Jim's call was taken first the next day.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I hope all of you who cheered against Bama are happy. Look at the dickhole monsters you've created in our OSU and Oregon posters.

KingGondo

Banned
I hope all of you who cheered against Bama are happy. Look at the dickhole monsters you've created in our OSU and Oregon posters.
I remember not being a dickhole monster back when OSU was competing for a title.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Give us our moment! We dont know what its like on this side of the fence, we've been ridiculed for so long!!!

YOU CREATED US!

Not many of us were cheering against Bama as much as we were the SEC. The SEC is the real monster, Alabama just happens to be a part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom