• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

I hope all of you who cheered against Bama are happy. Look at the dickhole monsters you've created in our OSU and Oregon posters.

As you alluded to, I wasn't really cheering for MCU, I was cheering against Bama. MCU fans getting all uppity again is an unfortunate byproduct but something I'm willing to accept.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
As you alluded to, I wasn't really cheering for MCU, I was cheering against Bama. MCU fans getting all uppity again is an unfortunate byproduct but something I'm willing to accept.

You even live amongst the unclean masses.

War has changed you.

Lonestar

With no worries anymore of being expelled/arrested, it's all sunshine and rainbows for ole JFW.

I just hope he has learned that all of his movements are under public surveillance, so behave accordingly. And obviously don't do anything illegal.

Though I am somewhat surprised Florida State (administrators) didn't "push" him out the door, Title IX decision notwithstanding.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
@Brody_IAKOW: Sources saying FSU officials are notifying NFL Scouts/GM's that Jameis Winston will return for another year at FSU

holy crab

You cut off the "but I'm skeptical" part of the tweet.

JuP6AHD.png

At any rate, unless he's going to be putting a ton of effort into staying on the straight and narrow in the next year, I don't think he has much to gain from coming back for another season. He's already probably a first rounder, and and another off-the-field season like the ones he's had in the past will do nothing but drop him no matter what he does on the field IMO.

Meier

But Jameis.. you were meant to be the chosen one.

jameis-winston-buccaneers-jersey.jpg

I don't think Mariota will translate to the NFL. Not as a franchise guy. :( Watch us end up taking one of the DEs now and then miring in the shit for years to come with dudes like Glennon or McCown.

andycapps

Don't ruin this for me.

Apparently Golson is interested in transferring to LSU too. It's so weird for QB rumors to be circulating about LSU.

True, the last time they were in the running for a good QB was when one got kicked out of UGA. Doesn't seem like they can recruit them well out of highschool.

Lonestar

True, the last time they were in the running for a good QB was when one got kicked out of UGA. Doesn't seem like they can recruit them well out of highschool.

They got close with Gunner Keil, who then went to Notre Dame, then to Indiana, then to Cincinnati or wherever. He probably stopped at Ole Miss inbetween stops.

There's even been Braxton rumors to Alabama

andycapps

Hearing rumors that Mike Bloomgren of Stanford will be announced shortly as Georgia's new OC. I foresee seeing a lot of Nick Chubb next year. Since he's an offensive line coach maybe we'll start focusing more on that, which is music to my ears.

cdyhybrid

Scout guys are all predicting that the QB we redshirted this season (KJ Carta-Samuels) will be starting next season. He was the Offensive Scout Team player of the year, so I'm kinda excited. He's a better fit for Pete's system than Cyler was.

@BennettESPN 2m2 minutes ago
Playoff responds to concerns, announces $1,250 stipend per parent of players' family for travel. Good move.

Good, theyre only make million upon millions from this, its the least they could do.

andycapps

Playoff responds to concerns, announces $1,250 stipend per parent of players' family for travel. Good move.

Good, theyre only make million upon millions from this, its the least they could do.

Believe it still has to be approved by the NCAA, but this is a good thing if it happens.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Wonder how giving a stipend for the playoffs but not for any other bowls is going to go over.

JCX

That's really good. I hope they just give two vouchers per player, just in case a parent has died or they were raised by a grandparent.

Meier

Looks like this is from last year but I don't remember seeing anything about it at the time (it was probably discussed but was just RTed now so it's fresh to me). These dudes (Gerald Willis and Khairi Clark) both did sign for UF in the end.. pretty funny.

Bd5yTrxCIAAh9f8.jpg

Draxal

Looks like this is from last year but I don't remember seeing anything about it at the time (it was probably discussed but was just RTed now so it's fresh to me). These dudes (Gerald Willis and Khairi Clark) both did sign for UF in the end.. pretty funny.

Bd5yTrxCIAAh9f8.jpg

Gerald is Landon collin's lil bro (and yes his mom was upset).

#OhioState junior LT Taylor Decker has flirted with the NFL, but revealed today he will return to Columbus for his senior season

Didn't realize he was considering leaving, but i'm glad he's coming back. Dude is a beast in the Lewan mold.

Mcshay was saying today if Bosa could leave early he would easily be a top 5 pick. Hes going to be unreal next season, if he doesnt have a clowney season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom