• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this posted? Lol
the kid had a smile on his face
Cardale Jones plays kid in hospital in 'NCAA Football,' runs up score
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015...id-in-hospital-in-ncaa-football-runs-up-score
B63-8GLIMAAiS4x.0.0.jpg

Unconfirmed rumour at this point (but heating up on Twitter), but apparently Darren Carrington, the de facto No. 1/2 WR for Oregon, did NOT make the trip to Arlington after having been suspended by the team for failing a drug test.

That's a big blow for Oregon...

cdyhybrid

Unconfirmed rumour at this point (but heating up on Twitter), but apparently Darren Carrington, the de facto No. 1/2 WR for Oregon, did NOT make the trip to Arlington after having been suspended by the team for failing a drug test.

Did he smoke it all?

Grinch-smile-o.gif

Then again, it's not like Oregon has any shortage of potential playmakers, so they will probably be fine.

Grinch-smile-o.gif

Then again, it's not like Oregon has any shortage what so ever of playmakers, so they will probably be fine.

That's true. They are relatively loaded at WR and RB and plus with the schemes they play...

The bigger deal is Troy Hill, the de facto no. 1 CB. New rumour heating up on Twitter that he may also be suspended for the same reason...

cdyhybrid

That's true. They are relatively loaded at WR and RB and plus with the schemes they play...

The bigger deal is Troy Hill, the de facto no. 1 CB. New rumour heating up on Twitter that he may also be suspended for the same reason...

cxWKfnz.png

Never forget.

Also, time is a flat circle, Nike culture, etc.

Oh hey, Lincoln Kennedy made the CFB HOF.

Kacar

Seems like the Troy Hill stuff has died down. He has been confirmed to at least have made the trip, for whatever that's worth.

Edit: hearing it goes into effect tommorrow. I don't buy it.

Balphon

More an issue of the kids being stupid and thinking the prohibitory drug laws don't apply to them.

Yeah, most definitely.

What's the NCAA policy on these sorts of drug screenings anyway? Is it random or did he do something even dumber to draw suspicion to himself? I figure someone must know.

More an issue of the kids being stupid and thinking the prohibitory drug laws don't apply to them.

Yup, and players letting their ego go wild and being selfish as fuck. talk about letting down their team.

But let's be real: this probably happened because Oregon coaches never yell at their players.

Yup, and players letting their ego go wild and being selfish as fuck. talk about letting down their team.

But let's be real: this probably happened because Oregon coaches never yell at their players.

Mark Richt has lost control of the Oregon coaches!

Yeah, most definitely.

What's the NCAA policy on these sorts of drug screenings anyway? Is it random or did he do something even dumber to draw suspicion to himself? I figure someone must know.

I remember back at the start of the NFL season Winston Marcellus was on the radio say in the NFL the only way you get busted for smoking pot is if you're stupid/have no self control. You know exactly when you're going to be tested for it he says, so all you have to do is avoid it for 30 days prior to that and you're good. Dunno if the NCAA testing is the same but yeah.

To be fair, Oregon actually suspends their players when they break the rules.

Sad irony is that Oregon just legalized pot.

It is a sad irony. Unfortunately, as some posters here informed me, its a NCAA rule that no athlete can smoke pot. Until all states legalize it, I don't see the NCAA changing their policy because let's face it, being able to smoke pot legally as a student athlete would be a huge recruiting tool for those schools in states where it was legal.

Was reading some Duck boards and they are saying rumors Troy Hill and Ayele Forde are out as well

Ayele Forde is out. But Troy Hill is in, thank God...

Loss of Carrington will hurt as he was getting hot, but he's not Oregon's Amari Cooper. Byron Marshall, a RB, was Oregon's best WR this season with the absence of Bralon Addison.

This will hurt Oregon's deep ball capabilities but Oregon's never been about the deep ball anyway...

MIMIC

Banned
So I'm watching the media day stuff on ESPN and they're asking Cardale Jones questions:

-What is the most-played song on your iPod right now?
-When was the last time you sang out loud?

Yeah, I changed the channel

Balphon

So I'm watching the media day stuff on ESPN and they're asking Cardale Jones questions:

-What is the most-played song on your iPod right now?
-When was the last time you sang out loud?

Yeah, I changed the channel

That's some CNN-caliber journalism right there.

Kevtones

There was serious talk of bringing Bralon Addison back for one game. If he wanted to burn his redshirt. Crazy.

He's Oregon's best receiver and would've been a Biletnikoff watch type of player.

impirius

It is a sad irony. Unfortunately, as some posters here informed me, its a NCAA rule that no athlete can smoke pot. Until all states legalize it, I don't see the NCAA changing their policy because let's face it, being able to smoke pot legally as a student athlete would be a huge recruiting tool for those schools in states where it was legal.
And that's how one organization could get pot legalized throughout the entire Southeast in under a year

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I fucking hate Zaxby's. Slowest "fast food" in America.

So ready for my wife's pregnancy cravings to be over.

Enfinit

Zaxbys was actually cleaned every once in a while.

That Guthries on Tennessee St was filthy.

Well, I'll have you know that the Guthries on Tennessee Street is currently closed because it's undergoing renovations. They have a fancy new sign and everything, I'll take a photo next time I drive by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom