• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emailed HR last week to see if we could get a casual dress day in honor of the game and didn't even get a response.

God, my office is so goddamned uptight. Heaven forbid we get to wear jeans for one single day.

They're letting us wear jeans and jerseys/tshirts etc today. Surprised they're letting us since we're a gigantic company

andycapps

Mark Richt has lost control of the Oregon coaches!
Damnit, beat me to it.

I fucking hate Zaxby's. Slowest "fast food" in America.

So ready for my wife's pregnancy cravings to be over.

Zaxby's is pretty good though. It's one of those things that since I can't get it up here, I miss it.

If you want to piss off an aggy, tell them how much you love Canes. They'll go on a rant about how Canes copied Lanes in College Station.

Yeah, but Zaxby's and Canes both copied Guthrie's. Shame the ones in Athens closed.

Guthrie's was the first: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guthrie's And is leaps and bounds better than Zaxby's.

See? ^

Emailed HR last week to see if we could get a casual dress day in honor of the game and didn't even get a response.

We got one at work. Wearing my Georgia stuff. ;p

andycapps

I take it you missed that Zaxby's on campus for that was only open for a couple of months back in 2008 or so?

It closed before I even got a chance to eat there.

Yeah, I heard about it being open but it didn't last long. People up here like Canes too much. Canes is fine, but it's Guthries >>>>>> Zaxby's >> Canes.

Apparently there is a Guthrie's in Cleveland? That's strange.

DopeToast

Banned
I am still being very cautious and keeping the trend of having no faith that the Buckeyes will win. I thought they'd lose against Michigan St., Minnesota, Wisconsin, and especially Alabama. I've pretty much been an Ohio State pessimist since those two national championship losses in 2007 and 2008. Those games completely changed my personal outlook on the team's chances in big games. Even after beating Oregon and Arkansas* in BCS bowl games in later years, I still remained cautious. Let's hope tonight does not go how I think it will.

Go Bucks!

Yeah, while I can't say I'm a huge fan of the black endzones...

NM7mEaU.jpg

...it does show me that gray endzones could work at the Shoe. It bothers me that there's not a single spot of gray on the field. I was hoping they would remedy it when they installed the second batch of FieldTurf last offseason, but sadly, they kept the exact same design.

Lunar15

For some reason I feel like Ohio State is going to win, but who knows! I feel like it's one of the first championships in a while where I don't really like or dislike either team.

On chicken: Guthries is the best of the options, but I can't deny that Zaxby's Nibblerz are pretty freakin' great.

Neither of these are in south florida, though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
On the real I had Zaxbys for lunch yesterday. Fuck trying to sell me that $1 extra duck dynatsy camo cup though.

PS: I got Oregon winning (not counting the point spread).

It was while I was still in school, and I finished in Spring '09.

EDIT: Mystery solved! It closed in November 2008 after being open for six months. (That's far longer than I had thought.)

Feel like that area there is always rotating stuff out, especially up by Urban Outfitters. Im still not sure how a skyline isnt on high street I think they would make a killing with the drunk crowd.

For some reason I feel like Ohio State is going to win, but who knows! I feel like it's one of the first championships in a while where I don't really like or dislike either team.

On chicken: Guthries is the best of the options, but I can't deny that Zaxby's Nibblerz are pretty freakin' great.

Neither of these are in south florida, though.

They all copied from those BBQ shacks dotted throughout Florida and Jawja. I think Zaxby's is just as good as Guthrie's, just more corporate.
Although the slaw at Guthrie's is better, if I remember right.

Feel like that area there is always rotating stuff out, especially up by Urban Outfitters. Im still not sure how a skyline isnt on high street I think they would make a killing with the drunk crowd.

If it closed in November after six months that means it opened in May.

What kind of idiot opens a restaurant on campus right before the majority of the student body leaves for the summer?

No wonder it failed.

Lunar15

There was a chicken place in Athens I used to go to whenever I'd visit my sister at UGA, Probably the best fried chicken I ever had. Can't remember what it was called for the life of me, though.

DopeToast

Banned
Anyone planning on watching any of the myriad of other options besides the main ESPN telecast?

Also, I still don't know how I feel about the game being broadcast on cable instead of network TV. I know a lot of people who have dropped cable in recent years and are scrambling to find a friend or a bar to watch it at. I guess I've always thought something like the national championship should be on network TV. All this shit should actually be available live on the internet anyway.

Anyone planning on watching any of the myriad of other options besides the main ESPN telecast?

Also, I still don't know how I feel about the game being broadcast on cable instead of network TV. I know a lot of people who have dropped cable in recent years and are scrambling to find a friend or a bar to watch it at. I guess I've always thought something like the national championship should be on network TV. All this shit should actually be available live on the internet anyway.

Im going to have the spider cam/all 22 up on my laptop and main telecast on my TV

Kacar

Feeling pretty nervous. Still think its just a 50/50 game.

Need the Dline to play out of its mind and I think we got this.

Yes, but that's mostly so people would finally shut the hell up about "gimmick offenses."

I'm sure it's what ESPN wanted, though.

Was re watching rose Bowl/Sugar Bowl yesterday and when Herbie says "America, Can we put the bed the talk of how oregon is physical?" All I could think was, oh you mean the narrative/story that your network made up and talks about non stop? Sure we can stop talking about, but can you?

Lunar15

Was re watching rose Bowl/Sugar Bowl yesterday and when Herbie says "American, Can we put the bed the talk of how oregon is physical?" All I could think was, oh you mean the narrative/story that your network made up and talks about non stop? Sure we can stop talking about, but can you?

This bothered me too. If you think Oregon is physical, just talk about how it is in your analysis. That's your job. Guy whines about stuff so much, one more reason to dislike ESPN.

andycapps

Was re watching rose Bowl/Sugar Bowl yesterday and when Herbie says "America, Can we put the bed the talk of how oregon is physical?" All I could think was, oh you mean the narrative/story that your network made up and talks about non stop? Sure we can stop talking about, but can you?

Now we're just going to hear for the next year about how the SEC isn't what it used to be. Which will be music to most B1G fans ears.

Subitai

Ads from high ratings alone aren't as lucrative as stacking subscriptions on top of premium add slots. This is especially true when you're ESPN and getting 30% of everyone's cable bill.

Dat double damage.

The thing is they paid a ridiculous price to get this content. For those who missed it:
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2015-01-06/the-insane-price-of-espns-college-football-ratings-triumph

So far, without including the audience for the championship, this year’s cost per viewer stands at $6.99. For ESPN to match last year’s cost of $1.98, next week’s national championship would need to draw more than 220 million viewers for that one game. To put that in perspective: Last year’s Super Bowl set the U.S. viewership record with 111.3 million.
Edit:
Now we're just going to hear for the next year about how the SEC isn't what it used to be. Which will be music to most B1G fans ears.
Nope, SEC gonna be back on top after dominating signing day again. We're gonna hear how this year was just abnormal with its uncharacteristic lack of high quality QB play in the conference.

Tonight is the night, finally!

Bundle of nerves so far today, and I expect that to only get worse as the day goes by and my anticipation grows.

Go Buckeyes! This one can go either way.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

I'm not sure how you have to scramble to find a bar to watch this game at. It's the championship game, being broadcast on a night where its only competition is an NBA or NHL game. This game should be on just about every single tv at every single bar in America.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Okay, Oregon and OSU fans. Convince me why I should cheer for your team.

Two hats on the table, but I can only wear one.

8euzOLp.jpg
ZRpInCT.jpg

Go.

DopeToast

Banned
I'm not sure how you have to scramble to find a bar to watch this game at. It's the championship game, being broadcast on a night where its only competition is an NBA or NHL game. This game should be on just about every single tv at every single bar in America.

Oh, sure, scramble isn't the right word. I just mean those people on a Monday night in January in Ohio would maybe rather watch it at home. But yeah, they'll be plenty of bars to watch it at.

andycapps

8euzOLp.jpg
ZRpInCT.jpg

Go.

I'm neither, but part of me wants to see Oregon win just because they've never won a championship. Part of me doesn't want to be a dick to the people I'm watching the game with. The other part of me wants to be a dick to the people I'm watching the game with.

Balphon

8euzOLp.jpg
ZRpInCT.jpg

Go.

Phil Knight will build you a practice facility.

Also, buckeyes are poisonous.

Moreover, isn't this the decision Braxton Miller is making on signing day?

KingGondo

Banned

8euzOLp.jpg
ZRpInCT.jpg

Go.
I vote c) The real OSU.

Go full Ed Gein.
thumb.aspx

Disclaimer:
My wife actually owns this hat and yes, it's awesome.

8euzOLp.jpg
ZRpInCT.jpg

Go.

Ducks fans are second only to Seahawks fans in terms of their awful loud obnoxious bandwagon bullshit, so this thread will be likely unreadable if they win.

HeySeuss

Dammit I'm stuck working until 8pm for mandatory overtime and it'll take me at least an hour to get home. I'm going to miss the entire first quarter most likely.

Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom