• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Laynes has been in C-stat since 1994. Canes was founded in 1996. Thanks for making me look that up lol

Irrelevant since apparently they both copied Guthries.

But such an odd thing to copy. And so specifically too. They all even have crinkle cut fries and the exact same sauce.

Irrelevant since apparently they both copied Guthries.

But such an odd thing to copy. And so specifically too. They all even have crinkle cut fries and the exact same sauce.

Well Freebirds was also founded in California, but most aggys I talk to think the original is the one in Northgate. ( College Stations bar scene )

They'll believe what they want to believe and then praise it.

Kevtones

i got nothing and am lame at this so Yaboosh here you go:

I don't know avatar rules so I'm already failing.

5396873404_4519297c79_z.jpg

or

large_Belot1.jpg

You can crop or I can figure it out tomorrow <3

I remember Bellotti almost became our head coach in 2001. Him and his wife visited in January in 2001 after Cooper was fired and it was freezing cold and snowing a shit ton. His wife said no way were living here.

So we just "settled" for Tressel instead, think we won that one.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Lol, I mean you could have just done an Oregon duck or something, or some silly Jameis picture, but this is fine too.

Kevtones

I remember Bellotti almost became our head coach in 2001. Him and his wife visited in January in 2001 after Cooper was fired and it was freezing cold and snowing a shit ton. His wife said no way were leaving here.

So we just "settled" for Tressel instead, think we won that one.

What's funny/sad:

Mike B is the nicest, best dude. His family is a shit bunch. So much verifiable awful. His wife is Cruella X Voldemort with a less-defined jawline.

Pretty sure he would be coaching against Oregon this year if not for his wife. Guy is a stalwart.

Kevtones

Lol, I mean you could have just done an Oregon duck or something, or some silly Jameis picture, but this is fine too.

There was a 29-1 Jameis Winston 'quiet' photo that was clever but he was actually 26-1 so I jumped off. Keeping it classy because literally every FSU fan except for one probable bandwagon college-ish in my section was exceptional during the game.

ag-my001

Well Freebirds was also founded in California, but most aggys I talk to think the original is the one in Northgate. ( College Stations bar scene )

They'll believe what they want to believe and then praise it.
Depends on who you ask. Most know it started in California, got good in College Station, then crashed one they started a rapid corporate expansion. That first time I went in and the tax was no longer included in the price, I didn't go back for about six months.

Kacar

Canes>Zaxby!!
My brother owns a zaxbys and I have worked at it for around 6 years. I like it.

I had Canes once and it seemed fine.

Although on the strip in knoxville a canes just opened last semester and about a month later the longtime zaxbys that was on the same road got shut down.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Rex Ryan will be the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Relevant to me because we got our co-DC Mike Smith from him when he was with the Jets, and Rex actually ended up offering him double his salary to come back to the Jets as an assistant but he declined. Rex even made a trip out to Lubbock in person to tour the facilities.

I don't expect Mike to leave, but Rex clearly thinks a lot of him and I'm sure he'll try to make another run at hiring him away from us.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
@darrenrovell · 58m 58 minutes ago
Ohio State graduation rate for all students: 83%. For the football team? 64%
So you graduate a whole ~2 more football players each year? Congratulations?

Also, another walk-on got a scholarship:
@BarrettSallee: Alabama FB Michael Nysewander now on scholarship, according to source.
We must have half the team paying their own way or some shit.

So you graduate a whole ~2 more football players each year? Congratulations?

Also, another walk-on got a scholarship:

We must have half the team paying their own way or some shit.

I was more shocked by the overall numbers than the football team numbers. Football numbers seem about in line with most other national powerhouses, but that overall number seems oddly low.

Balphon

I was more shocked by the overall numbers than the football team numbers. Football numbers seem about in line with most other national powerhouses, but that overall number seems oddly low.

It's quite high if it's a 4-year graduation rate, which makes me think it's a 6-year rate. But even if it's a 6-year rate it'd be above the national average, which has been in the high 50's for the past few years if memory serves.

You really do seem to like posting arbitrary stats with little context. :p

In any event, OSU's number is impressive, since I think even the highest 6-year grad rates rarely top 90%.

Assanova

It's quite high if it's a 4-year graduation rate, which makes me think it's a 6-year rate. But even if it's a 6-year rate it'd be above the national average, which has been in the high 50's for the past few years if memory serves.

You really do seem to like posting arbitrary stats with little context. :p

In any event, OSU's number is impressive, since I think even the highest 6-year grad rates rarely top 90%.

If I remember correctly, OSU is a pretty difficult school to get into, so they are less likely to get the types of students who don't finish.

It's officially game day! (on the east coast, at least). Get hyped!

*goes to bed*

No one in Oregon or Ohio will be productive at work tomorrow. The world's Nike orders will be delayed, and whatever products Ohio contributes to society will also be behind schedule on Monday.

No one in Oregon or Ohio will be productive at work tomorrow. The world's Nike orders will be delayed, and whatever products Ohio contributes to society will also be behind schedule on Monday.

I've got a class ending basically right before kickoff and I have the distinct feeling that no one's going to be paying much attention

Chris R

Working only the morning tomorrow so I can be home and properly ready for the game (even though it starts at 4 whatever here)

Just hope for a good game! Thinking BBQ and a nice couple of cans of IPA should do nice.

I'm going to pick my team based on what mascot I approve of most. I think this is how my sister picks her teams too.

Lets see, for about 10 consecutive years during my childhood, we would go to the feed store in the spring to pick up a few baby ducks to raise. We lived on a pond so after a couple of months they would venture out to the water and we would never see them again. They were the perfect non committal temporary pet.

I like nuts, but a buckeye is poisonous. Deadly even?

I have to pick Oregon tomorrow, but I probably won't even tune in until the second half, or whenever Monday's episode of The Bachelor concludes.

Emailed HR last week to see if we could get a casual dress day in honor of the game and didn't even get a response.

God, my office is so goddamned uptight. Heaven forbid we get to wear jeans for one single day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom