• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
first thought there was no time left.

Maybe a chance for a second.

Of course they'll bring up the Iron Bowl.

Lonestar

yeah, that's a penalty, but oh wells, it's not like Nebraska has a Bo Pelini out there to light refs on fire.

pxleyes

Banned
I don't think we will use Harris either. I expect McElwain will clean house at QB. So many different personalities and styles thanks to 3 OCs.

Lonestar

Hey, maybe you guys should have offered Harbaugh 10 million a year.

I mean, I believe in McElwain, but, Harbaugh has alot better shot of being a Saban Hire, than McElwain.

6ZJKEGM.gif
6ZJKEGM.gif
6ZJKEGM.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Does CFB-GAF have me on a thread wide "ignore poster" feature? What did I do to anger you so?

Anyway...it could be really bad, or it could be ok. Our second QB Thomas Sirk, who was our primary runner QB this year, was believed to be a good prospect a couple of years ago. Last season (2013) he tore his achilles before the seaon began. This year he has stayed healthy but all he did is run, think he threw like 4 passes total. Word is he is nowhere near ready.
The other qb they are high on is Nico Pierre, redshirt freshman. Problem there is his HS football program was so disorganized and poorly run there were several things he didn't have a grasp on yet so he may need another year to cook. Our 3rd stringer, Parker Boehme may be 3rd string for a reason.

It looks like we may be pining for the days of Anthony Boone next year. To be fair he did play pretty well in the second half, save the pick at the end. Took it pretty hard too.

Draxal

Big Ten East.

Harbaugh, Meyer, D'Antonio, Franklin, Edsall, Flood and Wilson.

I think Harbaugh alone is making more than Rutgers entire staff.

Draxal

So much for our so-called 2016 recruiting class.

Harbaugh gonna get all the guys.

No he's not, the rumored 2016 class is great for Rutgers standards but it's not a top ten caliber class, there's not going to be room in the inn for all of them.

And if they're willing to go to UM over Rutgers, they would have gone to tOSU over Rutgers as well.

Draxal

Feels like they should realign the Big Ten divisions already.

This is what Michigan and tOSU wanted. They have the game and they have the eastern stadiums for their alumni.

There was a good amount of Michigan fans at that game in NB last year, and they sucked last year. tOSU will bring even more and the prices for that game will be ridiculous.

Feels like they should realign the Big Ten divisions already.

Nope. The divisions make perfect geographic sense and as an OSU fan, we have guaranteed annual matchups against pretty much everyone I'd want to have annual matchups with.

Shuffling divisions in an attempt to achieve competitive balance is a fool's errand. It rarely works out the way in which it's intended. One division almost always ends up being considerably stronger, and sometimes it's not even the one that's expected to be the strong one.

Wouldn't be a college football thread in the regular OT without someone starting a dumb argument about the ethics and finances of collegiate sports.

Draxal

I was referring to that Pelydr character, but yeah, that shit-stirring Domer needs to be slapped with the banhammer, stat.

I just find this irritating as American Universities dominate the world, England has some top notch for sure, but the Shanghai/CWUR and QS rankings all have America dominating the list.

And that other thread had officially turned into a shit show. Wish the same few people wouldnt come in and shit up every single college athletics thread posted in OT

JCX

Doesn't UofM have one of the few self-sustaining athletic departments in the college sports? Of course they'll shell out big bucks if it's worth winning again.

Draxal

Doesn't UofM have one of the few self-sustaining athletic departments in the college sports? Of course they'll shell out big bucks if it's worth winning again.

Michigan could go private if they wanted to, its endowment is gigantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom