• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

impirius

so proud to be American right now, by god just look at that majesty
6c7ibU8.jpg
just want to eat a red white and blue pickup truck full of guns
and clap after the meal

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Less than 2 years after the sandusky scandal where Penn State was investigated and punished for harboring and protecting a child predator on its football coaching staff and penn state are bowl champions. What a joke. Lol NCAA
I mean, they're bowl "champions." So, congrats to them? That's one step above a participation ribbon in elementary sports.

Jhriad

Pelini may be gone but at least we can keep his four loss tradition going through the end of his last season. Can it be the 2015 season already?

Enfinit

Rumors are afloat that Driskel might be transferring to Duke... What is it with ex-UF quarterbacks finding refuge in the ACC?!

cdyhybrid

A very Sark let down.

I dunno, coming from ahead isn't really his thing, or at least it wasn't here. He might make it interesting but he generally won when we went up a decent amount.

His problem was that for 3 games or so every year the team just completely no-showed.

tokkun

Rumors are afloat that Driskel might be transferring to Duke... What is it with ex-UF quarterbacks finding refuge in the ACC?!

Less likely to block a transfer if you are going to a school they are not worried about having to compete against.

Kevtones

I like Palmer and Pollack. Their personalities clash a little bit and there's a competitive spirit between them. Rece is good foil too and both have markedly improved this year.

Kevtones

I dunno, coming from ahead isn't really his thing, or at least it wasn't here. He might make it interesting but he generally won when we went up a decent amount.

His problem was that for 3 games or so every year the team just completely no-showed.

Always felt like he built that enthusiasm but it seemed to dither in the face of success. I guess my point is on discipline. It's like he didn't have this ineffable vision of what he wanted for his team. He felt a little 'surface'.

And that was a GREAT catch by Juju Smith.

cdyhybrid

Always felt like he built that enthusiasm but it seemed to dither in the face of success. I guess my point is on discipline. It's like he didn't have this ineffable vision of what he wanted for his team. He felt a little 'surface'.

Ah yeah, discipline in general was definitely an issue. Lack of discipline means lack of consistency.

John U. Bacon @Johnubacon · 36m 36 minutes ago

I just got off the phone with more sources tonight. It's done. Jim Harbaugh is coming to Michigan - and his friends are flying in Monday.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
John U. Bacon @Johnubacon · 36m 36 minutes ago

I just got off the phone with more sources tonight. It's done. Jim Harbaugh is coming to Michigan - and his friends are flying in Monday.

If this ends up true, the B1G is definitely on the upswing. They needed better coaches and they have gotten them/are getting them. I can't foresee a scenario where they become the "ACC of Flyover Country" anymore. :)

Chumly

This is the best Nebraska's offence has looked. Not that its that great. Pelini must have made our offence worse than it really was.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Nebraska playing loose. Gotta love this. Win or lose, I can't be mad. We have made adjustments, dynamic play-calling, big stops when we have needed them, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom