• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

A better QB prospect? How about the one on the other team who will be drafted ahead of him..
Drafted ahead means nothing when it would only be character issues, not actual talent. I'm no scout, but I think I've been pretty good at predicting nfl prospects in these threads. Called Manziel a bust when he was still a hot prospect, and called Mike Evans after his first college game. What does Mariota do that you think will translate to the pros? I can tell you I think Winston has the more nfl ready frame, better field vision, better decision making at the los and he's able to command a locker room. I see Mariota turning out like Brady Quinn. PEACE.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

Afrikan

going into the NFL, what is going to be the difference between Marcus Mariota and Dennis Dixon?

Sorry, don't deeply follow college as much.

Jhriad

Wow...

How much money did these guys bet on Oregon winning the game? Only other explanation is that they didn't belong in this game to begin with. That's obviously not the case though since there weren't any other teams that were better.

effzee

Drafted ahead means nothing when it would only be character issues, not actual talent. I'm no scout, but I think I've been pretty good at predicting nfl prospects in these threads. Called Manziel a bust when he was still a hot prospect, and called Mike Evans after his first college game. What does Mariota do that you think will translate to the pros? I can tell you I think Winston has the more nfl ready grand, better field vision, better decision making at the los and he's able to command a locker room. I see Mariota turning out like Brady Quinn. PEACE.

Also depends where a QB ends up. The enenvironment and coaches matter.

If Mariota ends up in Philly will he be better off than if he ends up with the Jets?

Winston will definitely need to grow up at the next level. It won't happen, but I'd love to see him in similar situation as Aaron Rodgers his first few seasons, being an apprentice. But he has the tools to succeed.

harSon

Banned
Wait, do you actually think he is a good QB this year? He threw FOUR interceptions against us and because Muschamp sucks my balls they still somehow won. He has 17 interceptions for the year. FSU has really good WRs and TEs and OL and make him look better than he is. Couple that with his off season antics, I think it's way more likely he'll end up being a bust in the NFL than Mariota.

Eh, history is not in favor of Mariota's style of QB play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom