• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wow...

How much money did these guys bet on Oregon winning the game? Only other explanation is that they didn't belong in this game to begin with. That's obviously not the case though since there weren't any other teams that were better.

TCU. Yeah, they technically didn't win their conference but in think they are a better all around team than Baylor.

Wow...

How much money did these guys bet on Oregon winning the game? Only other explanation is that they didn't belong in this game to begin with. That's obviously not the case though since there weren't any other teams that were better.

TCU would have destroyed FSU

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Oregon might want to pull Mariota for the rest of the game so FSU doesn't take any cheap shots on him.

Mariota is the prototypical thrive in college, flop in the pros stye QB. The others like him had limited success until they were figured out as well. He could be good but I don't expect it.

If you think that of Mariota you haven't really watched him the last few years. He might play in an uptempo spread offense, but he's not your typical QB you see in that type of offense.

He's tall, he's fast, he's got a fantastic arm, he reads defense's quick.

So exactly what part of that isn't NFL ready? Because he's in the shotgun most of the time?

I haven't like a QB prospect as much as him since Andrew Luck. He's NFL ready.. because all the intangibles he has. He's incredibly efficient.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
We just need to buckle down and get our heads back into the game.

Put Dalvin back in and lets get a long drive to get back into the game.

That is all we need, a long drive. Give our defense a break.

And then go for the 33 point conversion.

Jarnet87

Jameis is getting a simulation of life in Tampa/Tennessee next year. absolute pathetic display this second half. I hope scouts aren't impressed by Mariota in this game, everything was a play he made with legs or just a simple first read on offense, the noles defense was just a disaster all year. I want to see how he does against Bama

Eh, history is not in favor of Mariota's style of QB play.

Mariota has had to prove himself at every level and succeeded.

I think he has the mental attributes to succeed. Yes, he has to work on footwork, pocket passing, etc. but he has the base level of skills to succeed.

He is winning over NFL scouts too, if what Peter King said is true.

I don't think I've ever heard a national announcer say a team quit before.

It's true but the Q word is one teams are very sensitive about.

I don't know about quitting, but I'd say they're definitely shell-shocked. Defense has been garbage the whole game, but this second half is just a disaster all around.

Enfinit

You, and everyone else against FSU, finally got what they wanted. I wonder who will be the villain next season? What, or who, is next to bitch about?

You all won. The villainous man-child and alleged rapist Jameis Winston and his Kingdom of Thugs and Sketchy Moral Characters have finally fallen; rejoice. We, the FSU fans, should be exiled from college football.

I'm really curious to see where all the anti-FSU sentiment goes now that he well has run dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom