• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

If a feam (even if it's the Browns) will draft Manziel, someone will definitely take Mariota. He is 10 times the QB Manziel is. Hard to tell who is going to work out, but he might be okay.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
SzGPn2V.jpg

Branduil

You, and everyone else against FSU, finally got what they wanted. I wonder who will be the villain next season? What, or who, is next to bitch about?

You all won. The villainous man-child and alleged rapist Jameis Winston and his Kingdom of Thugs and Sketchy Moral Characters have finally fallen; rejoice. We, the FSU fans, should be exiled from college football.

I'm really curious to see where all the anti-FSU sentiment goes now that he well has run dry.

Not sure why you assume Winston going to the NFL means that FSU will be on the straight and narrow. As long as Jimbo Fisher and the Tallahassee PD are there the program will be attractive to any football recruit who wants to commit criminal acts.

BadAss2961

Not surprised to see FSU get blown out. Oregon is too good to cave under all that luck FSU's had all year, even against teams that weren't all that good.

Silkworm

This is all Muschump's fault for somehow blowing that game.
As much as I would have liked to see the Gators end FSU's winning streak and give Muschamp a nice send off a la Zook, seeing FSU lay a big ol' egg on national TV on a big stage isn't a bad secondary outcome. ;-)

Enfinit

Not sure why you assume Winston going to the NFL means that FSU will be on the straight and narrow. As long as Jimbo Fisher and the Tallahassee PD are there the program will be attractive to any football recruit who wants to commit criminal acts.
That's a really ignorant comment.

bachikarn

Eh, history is not in favor of Mariota's style of QB play.

and that's fair, but while Winston is a pro-typical NFL prospect, I really think that because of his character issues he will never realize his potential. Why is he that much different than Jamarcus Russell?

FSU is really talented but only beat a bunch of crappy teams by small margins. Why? Cos Winston played like ass for the majority of the game. Give him credit for coming back, but I'm not sure I'd gamble on him turning it around. Not worth blowing a ton of money if I was a GM. I'd rather gamble on Mariota, but I'm not saying he is a guarantee either.

harSon

Banned
3 interceptions in a season, being able to throw a deep ball, and scrambling for first downs... Yeah, no NFL team wants that.

College stats don't mean a damn thing to the QB position in terms of being a predictor for NFL success. He's going to have to prove he's not a system QB, and that he has the capability to sit in the pocket and read an NFL defense. There's plenty of QB's cut from the same cloth as Mariota that have failed in the NFL despite excelling in College, and it has almost always been due to their athletic gifts not being a substitute for reading an NFL defense.

Kusagari

and that's fair, but while Winston is a pro-typical NFL prospect, I really think that because of his character issues he will never realize his potential. Why is he that much different than Jamarcus Russell?

FSU is really talented but only beat a bunch of crappy teams by small margins. Why? Cos Winston played like ass for the majority of the game. Give him credit for coming back, but I'm not sure I'd gamble on him turning it around. Not worth blowing a ton of money if I was a GM. I'd rather gamble on Mariota, but I'm not saying he is a guarantee either.

I feel like Jameis, as stupid as all his various exploits have been, cares far more about actually playing football than JBust or even Manziel.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
why does ESPN keep showing Super Mario? Do they have to give nintendo money everytime they do that

Oh No seriously? It didn't work out for Barkley. Why TTK?
Because despite his great stats, he hasn't got much attention, and the offense should be even better than this year. He can improve his draft position by staying, plus enjoy another year of college.

And maybe he wants his degree, who knows?

College stats don't mean a damn thing to the QB position in terms of being a predictor for NFL success. He's going to have to prove he's not a system QB, and that he has the capability to sit in the pocket and read an NFL defense. There's plenty of QB's cut from the same cloth as Mariota that have failed in the NFL despite excelling in College, and it has almost always been due to their athletic gifts not being a substitute for reading an NFL defense.

Wilson and RG3 put up great numbers in college and still succeded in the NFL (RG3's 2012 season was extremely good, but he doesn't have a good attitude though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom