• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? Defenses have learned how to play him, forcing him to rely on his arm and ability to read a defense, and he has failed to progress in that department. He's literally the poster boy for the argument I was making Lol.

He's also in his 3rd season as a full time starter. We said "dude's a bum" after Drew Brees' third season too.

Bad form from FSU players not shaking hands. What losers.

If I had the first pick in NFL draft it would be on Amari Cooper.

Lets go Bama, Lets go SECWEST!!!!

FOOTE

Gawtdamn Oregon.

As a Mizzou fan and student I was indifferent before, but now I want Alabama to win the Sugarbowl.

Kirk loves Mariota. It's no secret.

As far as Bama and OSU

tumblr_ma767sL9Gv1r7e4huo1_500.gif

JNA

Banned
I unfortunately never got to see Godgers in college, so I can't tell you if he ever looked like more than a system guy. I remember the media really toting that water for Bradford, and I made a few posts questioning the merit given he had shoulder surgeries in college. There are some real red flags for some guys. Mariotta hasn't shown the durability or toughness you'd want from a scrambler, and obviously doesn't have the build for it right now. So he's going to have to get it done with his arm and eyes, and I'm not sure anyone can make an accurate predictor of that.

In any case, the combine tends to sort things out. Mariotta will no doubt impress on his pro day, but I expect Winston will gain a ton more traction prior to the draft. I don't expect Mariotta to go ahead of him either. Half the time this talk is just a smoke screen anyway. Manziel was teased as a potential first overall last year when many of us were predicting his bust. I expect Winston to lead the names of the top tier schools, with a couple small school QBs leaping into the Top15. PEACE.

I've been watching some Rodgers college videos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9kejxdfNqeA

God damn this guy had star written all over him from day 1.

What the hell did the 49ers see in Alex Smith?

ag-my001

It's not even a radical prediction to make. QBs that are capable of making the jump from college to the NFL is exceedingly rare. There's maybe what, 12-15 truly good QBs in the NFL? And that number is a culmination of QBs drafted over the last 16 years? Saying that a college QB is not going to succeed in the NFL is about as safe a bet as you can make, regardless of how good they were in college. The odds get even better if they're an unconventional QB.
Combine this with all the teams with no O-line or running game that would get any quarterback killed. So much put on one position that depends on so many others.

Jarnet87

...your point is well made. I concede. XD

Isn't that more reason to NOT draft a kicker in the first round?

kickers get cut all the time lol, obviously they keep him because he is one of the better kickers out there, same reason they kept lechler all those years.

Enfinit

FSU went undefeated and won a P-5 conference as the reigning national champions with the reigning Heisman trophy winner. In what world does that not have enough credentials to make the playoff.

For everyone in this thread posting "FSU never deserved to be in the playoffs, TCU did," (and there are multiple of you, even on this page), PLEASE go back and point out where you stated this when the playoff selection was initially made (that TCU should be in rather than FSU).

I'll wait. Because there wasn't a single person, that I can recall, that stated that TCU should've been in over FSU. Ohio State, maybe. But not FSU. Not a single person.

It's really easy to spout the answer after you've seen it.

JCizzle

I've been watching some Rodgers college videos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9kejxdfNqeA

God damn this guy had star written all over him from day 1.

What the hell did the 49ers see in Alex Smith?
Alex had comparable numbers and was seen as slightly more athletic I think. IMO he would have been fine if they gave him a real nfl head coach and he didn't kill his shoulder (losing any zip he had). People forget that Rodgers was able to develop for 3-4 years before being asked to start. Alex got half a season.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
President Palmer was our first black president not Obama

bachikarn

But for every athletic QB that does badly over time, you also have the "great, prototypical QB" who perform just as bad (Russell, Gabbert, Leaf, Ponder, Quinn, Sanchez, Leinart, Boller, etc.)

yeah, I mean, it's pretty easy to predict a college QB will be a bust in the NFL. Most of them are. There are some exception, but a lot of the starting NFL QBs were from small schools or drafted late. Other starters who were highly draft or from big colleges have a backlash associated with them like Cam, Sanchez, RG3, etc.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Christion Jones... is an idiot. Just leaving the ball in the endzone like that?!

Pimpwerx

What system?
Dude threw 3 interceptions the whole year.
Probably the first indicator of a system QB is gaudy stats. That said, Oregon runs the same system they ran under Chip Kelly. They run fast pace so defenses can't setup. I don't believe the QB even makes many reads at the line. I believe the concept is to minimize time before snap. Don't let the defense sub, and don't give the mlb a chance to call any audibles. The QB might try to read the blitz, but delaying the blitz show would also delay the offense, so I assume they steamroll right through that and just try to gas the defense. The QB should only need to figure out where the worst defensive back is and throw to that side.

Wow...that was a live ball the Bama returner dropped and ran away from. WTF? PEACE.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I think I can name more fictional presidents than real presidents. I feel like they have done more for me. I would vote for President Palmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom