• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSU went undefeated and won a P-5 conference as the reigning national champions with the reigning Heisman trophy winner. In what world does that not have enough credentials to make the playoff.

For everyone in this thread posting "FSU never deserved to be in the playoffs, TCU did," (and there are multiple of you, even on this page), PLEASE go back and point out where you stated this when the playoff selection was initially made (that TCU should be in rather than FSU).

I'll wait. Because there wasn't a single person, that I can recall, that stated that TCU should've been in over FSU. Ohio State, maybe. But not FSU. Not a single person.

It's really easy to spout the answer after you've seen it.
Umm, tons of people said this. Most thought they didn't belong in due to how they played, while simultaneously grudgingly admitting that it would be probably unfair to keep out the defending champs out while undefeated.

Based on who anyone watching college football thought would win? Of course the country was saying tcu, osu, etc. even the committee clearly thought this.

JNA

Banned
Alex had comparable numbers and was seen as slightly more athletic I think. IMO he would have been fine if they gave him a real nfl head coach and he didn't kill his shoulder (losing any zip he had). People forget that Rodgers was able to develop for 3-4 years before being asked to start. Alex got half a season.

Rodgers did have time but I don't think it's just because of that. Rodgers is now to a point where he is even better than Farve was (which is saying a lot considering Prime Favre was incredible). Rodgers had real talent in college too.

Who knows what would have happened to Rodgers on other teams but I think he would still be really good otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom