• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoneM

Probably the first indicator of a system QB is gaudy stats. That said, Oregon runs the same system they ran under Chip Kelly. They run fast pace so defenses can't setup. I don't believe the QB even makes many reads at the line. I believe the concept is to minimize time before snap. Don't let the defense sub, and don't give the mlb a chance to call any audibles. The QB might try to read the blitz, but delaying the blitz show would also delay the offense, so I assume they steamroll right through that and just try to gas the defense. The QB should only need to figure out where the worst defensive back is and throw to that side.

Wow...that was a live ball the Bama returner dropped and ran away from. WTF? PEACE.

Fair assessment (I'm a ASU fan). I think Mariota transcends the system though. He is legit good.

Pimpwerx

in retrospect, using last season's accomplishments to legitimate FSU's position in the college playoff was fucking stupid
Nah. Reigning champs going undefeated deserve a default slot in any playoff. They won it all last year and didn't lose this year. Until the Cook fumbles, this game looked like it was going to blueprint again. Then the lulz ensued. PEACE.

Good start for us and a good hold by Bama.

Alabama looks suspect against the run for the moment, gotta keep pounding it to see if they buckle up or not.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Good start for us and a good hold by Bama.

Alabama looks suspect against the run for the moment, gotta keep pounding it to see if they buckle up or not.
15 had a fantastic run, but I would be surprised if he had many more of those. We're susceptible to the deep pass, but our run D is very good.

15 had a fantastic run, but I would be surprised if he had many more of those. We're susceptible to the deep pass, but our run D is very good.

Oh absolutely, in all likelihood you guys will buckle up eventually, if not soon. I just want us to keep pounding it for as long as it works. Take advantage of those jitterbugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom