• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxleyes

Banned
GGGGOOOOOOOOOOO GGGGAAAATTTTTAAAAAA

2t7w35Z.gif

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'll jump on the depth chart train -

Fun fact: this is the first depth chart Tech has released since 2012 that hasn't had an "or" at Quarterback.

There are 12 newcomers to the team listed between true freshmen, JUCOs, and transfers; 11 of them in the standard 44 on offense/defense and 1 as the punt returner. It's estimated that as few as just 2 or 3 members of the 2014 recruiting class could redshirt. The Kingsbury staff has essentially decided that, regardless of redshirt status, if a player can contribute, he will, even if it's only on special teams (where you could REALLY see our lack of overall team depth last season).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I don't even know who plays for Alabama anymore. Didn't a ton of people graduate? I never pay attention to the offseason much so I figured I'd keep it close

Bad: Lost a 3 year starting QB
Good: Was a late round pick, seemingly proving that anyone can be the QB at Alabama and have success. Just look at the previous 2 QB's (JP Wilson/Gerg MacELroy)
Average: Offensive Line doesn't appear to have any All Americans on it.
Good: That's just for this year, next year there'll be 1-3 of them.
Really Good: 98% of the skill players return. All the RB's, the top 2 TE's, and all but #3 and #5 WR, easily replaced by three or four 4/5 star WR's that redshirted.

It's really coming down to if a QB can avoid turning the ball over, and if the young LB talent can't make up for the loss of CJ Mosley.

I mean, maybe they're forgettable in the grand scheme of things, but I'd assume people know of TJ Yeldon and Amari Cooper still.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Counting down the hours to Seattle! Can't wait to see Halliday go off on Rutgers!

Tebow in Utero would make a really sweet band or album name, lol

Probably is the name of one of those Christian bands that take the sound of popular music and add Jesus stuff to it, this one decided to aim for a early 90s grunge sound, and suck at it.

Kinda like Creed, I suppose.

Draconian

I mean, maybe they're forgettable in the grand scheme of things, but I'd assume people know of TJ Yeldon and Amari Cooper still.

I really can't stand Yeldon. He's a fumble machine and always at the worst times too. I'm already getting angry at the thought of him fumbling in a game this season.

-ACC: Florida State
Coastal: Miami
Atlantic: Florida State
-B1G: Michigan State
East: Michigan State
West: Wisconsin
-Big 12: Oklahoma (I feel dirty putting this one down)
-American: this isn't a big 5 conference why is it here UCF
-Pac 12: Oregon (it has to happen again eventually)
North: Oregon
South: UCLA
-SEC: Alabama
East: Georgia
West: Alabama

Playoff Semis:
1: Alabama
2: Oregon
3: Florida State
4: Oklahoma
Finals:
1: Alabama
2: Oregon
Champion: Oregon

are the playoff picks locked when the season starts? lol

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) Texas A&M @ South Carolina by 14
(THU) Boise State @ Ole Miss by 14
(THU) Rutgers @ Washington State by 14
(FRI) Colorado State vs Colorado by 4
Penn State vs UCF by 4
West Virginia vs Alabama by 17
California @ Northwestern by 4
Clemson @ Georgia by 7
Fresno State @ USC by 24
Florida State vs Oklahoma State by 20
Wisconsin vs LSU by 10
(MON) Miami @ Louisville by 4

Top games I expect to regret: FSU/OSU (because I think OSU may keep it closer than that) and USCe/TAMU (because I think USCe may make it more of a blowout).

-ACC: Florida State
Coastal: Virginia Tech
Atlantic: Florida State
-B1G: Michigan State
East: Michigan State
West: Iowa
-Big 12: Oklahoma
-American: UCF
-Pac 12: UCLA
North: Stanford
South: UCLA
-SEC: LSU
East: Georgia
West: LSU

Playoff Semis:
1: LSU
2: Florida State
3: Stanford
4: Oklahoma
Finals:
1: LSU
2: Florida State
Champion: Florida State

Awww yeah. Pimpin' new accommodations completed in time for the opener on Friday.
lN3pClY.jpg

hyTEABG.jpg

5WVTIEw.jpg

Oh hey look, accommodations for all the rich folk!

Did they do anything else to the stadium? Going to be perfectly honest, the few times ive been to spartan stadium it would rank it the worst in the B1G. Have they done anything to it the past few years?

I don't think these are real photos. Nothing is misspelled in them.

I actually checked spelling before posting anything, haha.

Did they do anything else to the stadium? Going to be perfectly honest, the few times ive been to spartan stadium it would rank it the worst in the B1G. Have they done anything to it the past few years?

Yeah, Spartan Stadium pretty much has the facilities and aesthetic of a Russian gulag. It'll be a slow process getting it up to snuff, mainly to keep ticket prices low.

I think this update includes new restrooms, at least, which would be greatly appreciated by myself and the other folks in the north endzone.

andycapps

So they added a skybox to MSU's facilities? Why does it look like the stadium is only like 30 feet tall?

I know Kentucky is working on redoing Commonwealth Stadium (dat SECN money), but it won't be finished until next year. I'll be going to the Georgia game there this year, so I'm sure it'll be a mess. That is a shitty stadium. One of those stadiums that makes you question whether the team is 'sposed to be SEC.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So they added a skybox to MSU's facilities? Why does it look like the stadium is only like 30 feet tall?

I know Kentucky is working on redoing Commonwealth Stadium (dat SECN money), but it won't be finished until next year. I'll be going to the Georgia game there this year, so I'm sure it'll be a mess. That is a shitty stadium. One of those stadiums that makes you question whether the team is 'sposed to be SEC.

Yeah, except I think they are taking seats out of their stadium. It's all about making it look nicer and more "cozy." Subtracting 6,000 seats.

KingGondo

Banned

Um... no. It's called "spartan" stadium for a reason.

Modernized facilities are for pussies!

andycapps

Yeah, except I think they are taking seats out of their stadium. It's all about making it look nicer and more "cozy." Subtracting 6,000 seats.

:jnc In other words, they can't sell out their games so they want it to look more full. I will say that when Georgia played there two years ago, the home turnout was really poor. I wouldn't have been shocked if you told me that the Georgia fans there were more than the Kentucky ones. That's a slight exaggeration, but the "visitor" section stretched much further than typical ones do.. It took over most of one end zone, and there was a lot of red throughout the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom