• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Welp. Now time to wait for the Tennessee game. Oh man, I sincerely hope Vols don't screw this up.

Utah St should be back to their awful ways, don't worry.

That being said, Tennessee is still carrying around the Fullmer curse. First rule of football is, you don't fire your National Championship-winning coach unless he is caught diddling kids or murdering someone, and even that last part is debatable... Then, to bring in Kiffikins and Dooley, lol!

Hawaii has more butts in their seats than I thought they would. Maybe playing UW has something to do with that. Or, maybe Hawaii's AD implying their football program may be eliminated due to lack of funds galvanized their fans into showing up.

Those monsters.

What a bunch of assholes. I hope they go 0-12.

Fun day today. Good thing is we actually have games on Sunday and Monday this week.

Didn't know there were Lobos fans here. Aaron Jones got the last laugh though. He's a Doak Walker watch list candidate this year, but UTEP hosts Texas Tech next week. Given how poorly Tech played at home against a middling FCS program, I would see that as a trap game for Tech if Aaron Jones plays well

cajunator

Banned
The only thing I could hope is that the first half was just a sign of an inexperienced team and they'll get better as the season goes on as they did in the second half, which is entirely plausible.

I hope so.

where do you live at?

by the way, McEvoy plays like Blaine Gabbert
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
Tanner McEvoy 8/24 50 2.1 0 2

2.1 yards per attempt? Ewwww

Didn't know there were Lobos fans here. Aaron Jones got the last laugh though. He's a Doak Walker watch list candidate this year, but UTEP hosts Texas Tech next week. Given how poorly Tech played at home against a middling FCS program, I would see that as a trap game for Tech if Aaron Jones plays well

Oh no, I was calling the Lobos the assholes for not showing up when that guy;s mother cooked dinner.

pxleyes

Banned
Story of the night in a photo
ulCSv2Q.jpg

Cool. I much prefer Lafayette to Baton Rouge these days. Gonzales is just far enough away from BR to be tolerable.

Yeah, the city is definitely growing too. Used to have to go to BR for a lot of stuff, but now Gonzales has grown to a point where you never really need to go out of town for much.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, the city is definitely growing too. Used to have to go to BR for a lot of stuff, but now Gonzales has grown to a point where you never really need to go out of town for much.

My godparents live out in Prarieville (have you heard of the Lato family?)

It used to be countryside there but now its practically connected to Baton Rouge metro. I used to go out watching the hot air balloons every year down there.

My godparents live out in Prarieville (have you heard of the Lato family?)

It used to be countryside there but now its practically connected to Baton Rouge metro. I used to go out watching the hot air balloons every year down there.

Can't say I have. But they still do have the hot air balloons around pretty often. Every so often they have this big show where they have a bunch of them around town. They launch some off of some land my parents own connected our house.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
didn't watch much of the game, but I assume Gordon was a good RB for Wincy, because twitter and such are blowing up at the fact he had 2 carries in the 2nd half, and he did not have any kind of injury.

So, I assume that the coach found out that Gordon was porking his wife, right?

Draxal

didn't watch much of the game, but I assume Gordon was a good RB for Wincy, because twitter and such are blowing up at the fact he had 2 carries in the 2nd half, and he did not have any kind of injury.

So, I assume that the coach found out that Gordon was porking his wife, right?

Gordon's Gurley good, has incredible vision/acceleration. I mean LSU put everybody in the box because McEvoy shouldn't have been playing, but they still used Clement ... who was good but isn't insanely good as Gordon is.

Another thing I learned today: If UCLA doesn't find an offensive line soon, not only will Hundley not contend for the Heisman, but he won't even make it to championship week alive.

According to the spreadsheet, I'm the only one of you guys that has Notre Dame making the playoffs. Lots of Domers on the panel, so I figure a 2 loss ND team will make it in. My thinking is in line with mre's from the OP

mre said:
Instead of having geeks in basements choosing who plays for the national championship, now we’ll have suits in board rooms deciding whether or Notre Dame’s 3 or 4 losses are enough to keep them out of the playoffs. I think we all know the answer to that one.

yep, I dont think the score will blow out if they are using two QBs.
Similarly with FSU, they will rest Winston at halftime if they are ahead.
Wisconsin v LSU will be closer than people think given LSUs turnover, playing away and Melvin Gordon.
I dont rate UCLA or Hundy, especially on the road across the country. They will win, but not convincingly.

So my multi-bet this week is:

WVU +26,5pts
Virginia +21.5pts
Oklahoma State +17.5pts
Wisconsin +4pts

I put $10 on it for a potential win of $125.

I ended up winning this bet. If Tennessee win tomorrow, I will have won another $30.

So far I am only $35 up after subtracting my outlay.

What a week of great games.

Highlights of this week has been Gurley and the Hill guy from Ok State. Man, he was quick!

Haha, of course Lou Holtz has ND in the top four.

My "overreaction" top four after week 1:

1. Georgia
2. Texas AM
3. Stanford
4. Florida St

Gordon's Gurley good, has incredible vision/acceleration. I mean LSU put everybody in the box because McEvoy shouldn't have been playing, but they still used Clement ... who was good but isn't insanely good as Gordon is.

yeah, Gordon is great, on par with Gurley for me.

But why did Gordon only run it twice in the second half, WTF wisconsin??? Have they said if he was injured or not?

Seeing he Gators get that kick return made me instantly so happy and excited that college football was back! The orange and blue, the field, the crowd.

And then it was over...

Such fucking torture.

I like these reactions.

You shouldn't. Like Auburn, Georgia hasn't historically handled high expectations very well. It's much better to fly under the radar!

With that said, we should compile a list of who WASN'T exposed yesterday. The only team I can think of is Florida.

ag-my001

You shouldn't. Like Auburn, Georgia hasn't historically handled high expectations very well. It's much better to fly under the radar!

With that said, we should compile a list of who WASN'T exposed yesterday. The only team I can think of is Florida.
South Carolina wasn't exposed yesterday.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
To be fair it was based on today's performances only, and part of an "overreaction" theme; although Mark May trashed Lou for putting in ND because "it was Rice" but had no problem keeping Alabama and FSU in. God they're both idiots.

WVU has been historically a top 25 team and could be this year and OKST looked legit to me. Rice is usually average at best, not a power 5 and beating them by 30+ shouldn't earn ND any equity. But its Lou Holtz.

Both A&M and UGA look better than Alabama this year though, through just one game.

Haha, of course Lou Holtz has ND in the top four.

Hell, even the Aussie following the sport for 2+ years knows its par for the course. Holtz is the worst homer in sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom