• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
You shouldn't. Like Auburn, Georgia hasn't historically handled high expectations very well. It's much better to fly under the radar!

With that said, we should compile a list of who WASN'T exposed yesterday. The only team I can think of is Florida.

Lets be real - schools like Georgia are never "flying under the radar"

Yikes, very uneven performance from FSU last night. Hopefully it's a case of first game jitters, and not indicative of anything serious. Props to OkST though, very good effort and that whole damn team is fast. How are they unranked? Thankfully FSU's schedule until the playoffs is somewhat....easy. Ample time to recognize and fix mistakes exposed last night.

As for pick'ems.... 5-5, so far.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm nervous for tonight.

A win does little for us, but a loss could bring all types of hurt down on the program.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
865055433.gif

A truly amazing moment to see in person. People were going nuts.

Tamanon

Banned
Will be interesting to see how ECU does against South Carolina. I feel a little better about our chances, but we'll see if they can get to Carden. Our defense is playing pretty well, but it's always tough to judge against weak competition.

Mrbob

So from what I'm reading Gary Andersen gave zero explanation as to why Melvin Gordon barely saw the field in the second half? Maybe he is worse than fat face after all. The best offensive weapon the team has and he doesn't play. Gordon could have won the game in the second half without a passing game. Congrats on letting McEvoy shit the bed over and over in the second half while the game slipped away.

george_us

So from what I'm reading Gary Andersen gave zero explanation as to why Melvin Gordon barely saw the field in the second half? Maybe he is worse than fat face after all. The best offensive weapon the team has and he doesn't play. Gordon could have won the game in the second half without a passing game. Congrats on letting McEvoy shit the bed over and over in the second half while the game slipped away.
I read on the 247 Badger board that Gordon either got dinged up on his last TD or he was suffering from cramps. Either way it was hilarious to watch Wisconsin implode like that but I can't say I'm surprised. Pissing away big games has been their MO for years in both football.

Still good to see a Luke Fickell coached LB core play like garbage once again. Navy runs the triple option better than anyone but it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt anymore. Other than that I thought this was a good win for the Buckeyes. O-line looked like shit but got it together in the second half. JT Barrett looked great considering it was his first live game in 2 years. His only bad plays were the INT he knew he had no business throwing and that option, but I blame that one on playcalling. All and all a solid win considering how inexperienced we are.

Piggus

Our defense has a lot of work to do before MSU comes in next week. The Yotes shouldn't have scored against our first string.

lol Udub. 11 years here we come!

jakncoke

Banned
I hope Franklin and coaches are on the up and up in recruiting. espn has our 2015 as 5th, Rivals 8th, Scout 6th. Would hate to get into recruit violations as im sure we'll be hit harder than usual teams because of what just happened.

According to Andersen, Gordon had "a scenario" at halftime that made him doubtful to play for the rest of the game. Gordon was asked if he tweaked anything or was injured and he told the media that he was fine.

KingGondo

Banned
I know there's no such thing as a moral victory... but damn. This is by far the best I've ever felt after a loss.

This has a chance to be a special year.

Karl2177

I know there's no such thing as a moral victory... but damn. This is by far the best I've ever felt after a loss.

This has a chance to be a special year.

I feel really good after the ISU loss. Except now I know this has no chance to be a special year. 0-12 baby!

Hell, even the Aussie following the sport for 2+ years knows its par for the course. Holtz is the worst homer in sports

Lou is great and bad at the same time. Its funny how much he loves ND and that makes him enjoyable to watch.

Also great how Mark May riles him up so easily as well. I dont think Mark May actually believes in half the things that he says but just says it to stir Lou up.

Anyone see the parachute entrance into Croke Park in the Dublin match?

That was funnier than the Eastern Michigan entrance. haha:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/97707/watch-skydiver-totally-misses-stadium

Lou is great and bad at the same time. Its funny how much he loves ND and that makes him enjoyable to watch.

Also great how Mark May riles him up so easily as well. I dont think Mark May actually believes in half the things that he says but just says it to stir Lou up.

Anyone see the parachute entrance into Croke Park in the Dublin match?

That was funnier than the Eastern Michigan entrance. haha:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/97707/watch-skydiver-totally-misses-stadium

The whole Lou/Mark thing is an act. They're essentially WWE wrestling characters. ESPN has the worst analysts in college football because they're more interested in creating controversy so that they can cover it or worse boosting the value of whatever brand they're currently plugging (the SEC network).

ag-my001

There were a lot of new posters this week, and for some weird reason, they didn't all seem like Notre Dame fans. Should we bring back the fandom spreadsheet?

The whole Lou/Mark thing is an act. They're essentially WWE wrestling characters. ESPN has the worst analysts in college football because they're more interested in creating controversy so that they can cover it or worse boosting the value of whatever brand they're currently plugging (the SEC network).

Here's the problem, they basically have a monopoly on sports in this country. Theyre creating a narrative week after week about certain things. You cant tell me the things they say/report/word on things isnt influencing voters and now influencing the playoff panel.

I was fine when it was help to certain shows (PTI, Around the horn etc) but now even sportscenter anchors are starting to inject their opinions on highlights.

On one hand, Rocky Top.

On the other hand, you'd think a better game could be on SEC network now as a Sunday night showcase this weekend before the NFL gets going. A game like Alabama/WVU or Auburn/Arkansas could have been held over, or at least a game involving a conference contender. Short of that, it could be a league game between Tennessee and another SEC opponent.

On the other other hand, Rocky Top.

So right now there are only 2 games next week featuring 2 ranked teams.

3 of the 4 teams are in the Pac 12.

It could improve if VTech or Michigan sneak into the top 25.

Week 3 is worse, only potential game I see is UCLA and Texas.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm liking what I'm seeing, but I want to see Worley throw the ball downfield a bit instead of just dumping it off.

Here's the problem, they basically have a monopoly on sports in this country. Theyre creating a narrative week after week about certain things. You cant tell me the things they say/report/word on things isnt influencing voters and now influencing the playoff panel.

I was fine when it was help to certain shows (PTI, Around the horn etc) but now even sportscenter anchors are starting to inject their opinions on highlights.

I don't know what tone was suggested by my post, but I completely agree. ESPN is awful and has done more to ruin the landscape of college sports than even the NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom