• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 13 - Sparty ain't worried 'bout no clock

Servbot24

Banned
I legitimately hope Iowa wins the whole thing because it would make my best friend really happy, but I'll be shocked if it happens.

To be absolutely fair I would choose most top 10 teams over Iowa (with some exceptions), but not by much. I give us a 40% chance at MSU.

Balphon

Lord, we've managed to make a 2-9 team look like the New England Patriots in the second half.

Maybe this is an elaborate conspiracy to keep MSU out of the playoff.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Fire Don Pellum, it has to be done.

The Beavers suck, I know, they are my team.. and they are horrible.. they look like a good team today against this defense.

The whole "they're young" defense is bullshit.. they haven't really improved all season.. still same mistakes being made.. and it's all how they are being coached too, they have skilled players.. a lot of them.

The offense is fine now, it really was all just lack of a decent QB early on... but this defense can't be defended.

You are getting destroyed by the Oregon State offense... which is the worst in the Pac-12.

Balphon

Fire Don Pellum, it has to be done.

The Beavers suck, I know, they are my team.. and they are horrible.. they look like a good team today against this defense.

The whole "they're young" defense is bullshit.. they haven't really improved all season.. still same mistakes being made.. and it's all how they are being coached too, they have skilled players.. a lot of them.

The offense is fine now, it really was all just lack of a decent QB early on... but this defense can't be defended.

You are getting destroyed by the Oregon State offense... which is the worst in the Pac-12.

I don't really think you'll find anyone here that needs to be convinced of any of this.

NervousXtian

I don't really think you'll find anyone here that needs to be convinced of any of this.

He's had plenty of defenders during the win streak.. some reason people forgive how bad it is when they win.

...and they should have gotten that 4th down conversion... dude was wide open and he just didn't catch it.. but he was so wide open on 4th.

Balphon

He's had plenty of defenders during the win streak.. some reason people forgive how bad it is when they win.

...and they should have gotten that 4th down conversion... dude was wide open and he just didn't catch it.. but he was so wide open on 4th.

I wanted to punch people who tried to give Pellum credit for the Stanford win.

The Oregon front 3/4 are actually pretty good, especially against the pass. But the secondary is so bad it doesn't matter.

NervousXtian

I wanted to punch people who tried to give Pellum credit for the Stanford win.

The Oregon front 3/4 are actually pretty good, especially against the pass. But the secondary is so bad it doesn't matter.

It's bad scheming and coaching.. or just really stupid players. Honestly though, it's coaching.. just terrible schemes.. guys ALWAYS out of position. They make it easy on opposing offenses since there's just guys always wide open.

Balphon

Delay of game on the defense?

Happens pretty much only if they interfere with the setting of the ball.

It's bad scheming and coaching.. or just really stupid players. Honestly though, it's coaching.. just terrible schemes.. guys ALWAYS out of position. They make it easy on opposing offenses since there's just guys always wide open.

It begins and ends with coaching, yeah. The most consistent thing about this Oregon team has been opposing receivers running free downfield.

I don't understand why the game is delayed. Might as well not play the whole weekend if they can't handle these conditions. Even a Charlie Strong coach team played in these crap conditions last night.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I think there literally might be more people on the field than in the stands in this UMass game.

NervousXtian

It begins and ends with coaching, yeah. The most consistent thing about this Oregon team has been opposing receivers running free downfield.

They got athletes on defense. Gotta blame coaching.

..and damn.. Cal v Richmond is on now... there's like 100 people in the crowd it seems.. that's pathetic.

Piggus

It was cold as fuck at the civil war game. Had to wipe some thick frost off my seat.

I would say our defense looked unprepared, but they played great in the first half. Then they decided to just not play in the second half. Oh well, a win is a win. :/

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Don't you dare talk down on one of Notre Dame's most important OOC opponents.
We were flipping channels and thought the game might be on a rain delay because there was nobody within the camera's view.

I'll never drive from Dallas to Houston and back in the same day again. Other than that, good experience. Houston is in the drivers seat for the access bowl slot.

And as long as Temple takes care of business tomorrow, the AAC AAC AAC champ should be locked up for the access bowl slot regardless.

I'll never drive from Dallas to Houston and back in the same day again. Other than that, good experience. Houston is in the drivers seat for the access bowl slot.

And as long as Temple takes care of business tomorrow, the AAC AAC AAC champ should be locked up for the access bowl slot regardless.

Yeah that's tough. At least you can legally go 75mph on 45, and the flow is usually around 85mph so its not that bad unless there's a wreck or road construction. There has been ongoing road construction near Corsicana for 20+ years and its annoying as hell.

Yeah that's tough. At least you can legally go 75mph on 45, and the flow is usually around 85mph so its not that bad unless there's a wreck or road construction. There has been ongoing road construction near Corsicana for 20+ years and its annoying as hell.
Hit rain pretty much the whole way back... So 60-70 the whole way. :(

But yeah at least no congestion except for in Houston just leaving campus onto 45.

quite a temp change too. I hear it's almost freezing in DFW but we're in the 70's with humidity in Houston. That's Texas weather for you
Yup wore khaki shorts and a T-shirt to the game. Getting into the DFW area I glanced down at my car temp gauge and it was reading 41.

Should have expected it when I made the stop at Buc-ees or whatever that monstrosity is called. It was already a bit cooler there.

squicken

That field is slop. That linebacker was on skates there. These kids have also probably never played or practiced in conditions like this in their lives

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Are they playing with a running clock? Clock was going down even though he went out of bounds.

Doesn't look like it, maybe that was just an error.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Alabama played one of it's most complete games offensively while inside a hurricane. Not sure what went wrong with these spread teams. Maybe they should just run the ball.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Are they playing with a running clock? Clock was going down even though he went out of bounds.

Doesn't look like it, maybe that was just an error.

If it isn't the last two minutes the clock runs at the ready of the official just like with a first down.

If it was within the last two minutes (I didn't see) then yeah, I assume mistake.

Top Bottom