• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

Lunar15

Part of the problem with Treon is they don't trust him to change plays at the line of scrimmage, or look beyond his first read. It's kind of a vicious cycle, he's bad so they restrict him, and he's so restricted that he's pretty predictably bad.

Basically this. McElwain even pretty much admitted to it in interviews this week.

andycapps

Another reason Tennessee sucks. Santa in a cage being pulled by a truck in Knoxville tonight. Wut

El3Z1G2h.jpg

Part of the problem with Treon is they don't trust him to change plays at the line of scrimmage, or look beyond his first read. It's kind of a vicious cycle, he's bad so they restrict him, and he's so restricted that he's pretty predictably bad.

I have actually said pretty much this exact same thing; that it turns into a self-fulfilled prophecy.

Still, even if nothing else, just make the wide open throws. They have never been longer than maybe 20 yards.

For a guy who won so much in HS it's just bizarre how poor of a player he is at this stage.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Holy damn, big day for coaching news. ECU is dumb as shit, and I never even thought of Mendenhall being a candidate somewhere.

Bronco put his name in the heart for USC and Washington, from what I remember. I think BYU wasn't paying him close to his worth and it seemed like he was trying to get out for a while. I wonder who they are going to get. Any former Cougars with coaching experience?

Draxal

Bronco put his name in the heart for USC and Washington, from what I remember. I think BYU wasn't paying him close to his worth and it seemed like he was trying to get out for a while. I wonder who they are going to get. Any former Cougars with coaching experience?

Bronco was on record stating that BYU had to be in a power five conference and that's probably why they lost him.

Having an Indy schedule like that is really tough on a coach.

El_Chino

I'd still say there's a 80% chance he signs with UGA. He's been committed for a year and a half and had multiple visits at UGA. He loves the town and the program, not just Richt. Ben Cleveland is his best friend and future LT, and he's saying there's no way he'd ever flip. Eason has gotten to know most of the signing class and I just don't see a flip unless UGA goes with a system that he can't see himself in.

Eason's official at UGA is next weekend.

People flip all the time at the last minuet, you know this.

247Sports reported that he really enjoyed his time in Gainesville and the time he spent with the coaches and the offensive plan. Only time will tell.

When folks are taking official visits after committing, they're not committed.

College football recruiting is a joke. For your own sanity, don't even worry about it until signing day.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Alabama is favored by 17 against Florida?

I'll be extremely surprised if that entire game sees 17 combined points.

Dear Syracuse ...

YOU STAY AWAY FROM OUR HEAD COACH.

Sincerely,

A Bowling Green Fan

BTW, we're kicking Northern Illinois' ass right now. Hope you guys are watching this sweet #MACtion

Draxal

Dear Syracuse ...

Sincerely,

A Bowling Green Fan

BTW, we're kicking Northern Illinois' ass right now. Hope you guys are watching this sweet #MACtion

Honestly, I think he's going there he's up there in age and the payday will be huge for a guy like him.

Honestly, I think he's going there he's up there and the payday will be huge for a guy like him.

Oh agreed, the payday will be great. It's more whether Syracuse is going to be able to do anything in the ACC. Then again, last time someone actually poached one of our coaches that turned out pretty good for them.

cdyhybrid

Steve Sarkisian.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Steve Sarkisian.

Lol, if he only didn't have that drinking problem. Lol. I still remember his legendary Copper? (Holiday?) bowl he had, though. He went like 35-38 for 400 yards or something. Guy almost couldn't miss. Pity he is such a screw up now, though. Plus, I think BYU would probably only hire Mormons for head coaching positions, correct me if I am wrong.

cdyhybrid

Lol, if he only didn't have that drinking problem. Lol. I still remember his legendary Copper? (Holiday?) bowl he had, though. He went like 35-38 for 400 yards or something. Guy almost couldn't miss. Pity he is such a screw up now, though. Plus, I think BYU would probably only hire Mormons for head coaching positions, correct me if I am wrong.

Maybe taking a job in a drier state like Utah is what he needs!

Draconian

So not looking forward to the SECCG. I don't know if I can watch Harris suck as badly as he has recently out of fear I will smash the TV. But I will ask again, of nobody in particular: HOW can someone who has played QB this long be SO bad at their position? How can you consistently miss WIDE open receivers and be essentially unable to make progressions? How can you not be able to change a play at the LOS when looking at the defense?

This shit seriously doesn't make sense. The O line actually played pretty well against FSU and there were several times where Harris just stood in the pocket all day, had a receiver get open, and missed him.

Same question for our field goal kicker Austin Hardin. How can you be so bad? What do these two do all week during practice? Fuck. It's driving me nuts!

You could've asked these same questions back when Driskel was your QB.

Thought Bronco would be a BYU lifer. Damn good hire for UVA. Not sure how BYU can be feeling about their prospects after rebuffing conference invites, leaving a conference, and now losing their coach. Not exactly a recipe for thriving long term. Even with the religious backing.

Oh agreed, the payday will be great. It's more whether Syracuse is going to be able to do anything in the ACC. Then again, last time someone actually poached one of our coaches that turned out pretty good for them.

I remember one of those guys.. Wonder what happened to him..

Syracuse could hire Tom Beck..

S5QwDru.jpg

May the biggest chip on the shoulder prevail.

So Dantonio then..

There's always the tale of the buttchuggers.

I thought they got their corn in a jar? The song lied to me..

They had several of these incidents.. And it took the second time to do anything? Why?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Dude Clempson is a lock, and big, I can't believe people have been speculating what would happen if UNC wins all week. Talk about needing to fill time. B1G and Pac 10 are the only interesting champ games

Go Kitty Cats!!

reKon

Banned
Excited for this game tonight. 2nd time going to Lucas Oil and with better seats this time.

Btw, Iowa's Gameday signs fucking blow. Very disappointed.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
B1G fans chanting overrated at the SEC. That is rich. Thank you, I needed a laugh this morning. Enjoy your champ getting blown out in the playoffs, Little 12

DominoKid

Dude Clempson is a lock, and big, I can't believe people have been speculating what would happen if UNC wins all week. Talk about needing to fill time. B1G and Pac 10 are the only interesting champ games

Go Kitty Cats!!

The world knows Clemson is still Clemson and this shit can go sideways for them in an instant. We got the playmakers to run with them if Marquise doesn't fuck it up like he does in most of our close games or the sakerlina loss

Also im feelin some typeof way about ECU firing Ruffin after 1 bad season. Thats pretty much unjustifiable unless the circumstances are truly outlandish.

ryseing

Thought Bronco would be a BYU lifer. Damn good hire for UVA. Not sure how BYU can be feeling about their prospects after rebuffing conference invites, leaving a conference, and now losing their coach. Not exactly a recipe for thriving long term. Even with the religious backing.

They have the ESPN contract as well. They're in a good spot for a non ND independent.

bgbball31

Dear Syracuse ...

Sincerely,

A Bowling Green Fan

This... This is a post I can get behind. Ay Zig.

We survived the UCF rumor, hopefully we can survive the Syracuse one too. How about we get Babers to talk to Clawson and ask how the Wake job is going.

Edit: and as I post this, multiple reports he's gone. Being a fan and student at a springboard program sucks.

squicken

Wow. First time watching Houston all year aside from the game they had Ward out/injured. They play with tempo as well as Baylor when they have it going.

Top Bottom