• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Squire

Banned
That's after the Captain Brittain arc right? How did you feel about that?

I thought it was good! At first I thought it was really missing the impact that the previous arc had because it was built up from the opening arc, but seeing what's happening afterward, I think that may have been the point; That these awful things are happening in quick succession of each other, to Psylocke in particular, and it's taking a tole.

But yeah, I thought that stuff was really cool. The team needing to save Fantomex was a nice change-up and I love that Lady Britain costume on Betsy.

I'm really excited for Pat Gleason's solo Robin book:

upwc7Lx.jpg

4520404-robin_son_2.jpg

This gonna be good.

Gorgeous. Waiting for Batman & Robin to go on sale before I get caught up; I've read through... I think Death of the Family?

Apparently shit gets real around then, lol.

You'll have to read Batman Inc to find out what happens after Death of the Family.

Think we all figured out how to combat those types of threads as a community.

Was legit surprised when people kept thinking i was serious even with the first sentence finishing in "Also, themeparks.".

Was also pleasantly surprised at how well pre-empting the most common bizarro points worked. Seems that conspiracy crap was at an all time low this week.

Nah, and how is it printed?

Archival inks on watercolor parchment? You know more about prints than I do. I only lurk in that other thread. Limited to 100.

Seems pricey, though. I got a signed and numbered (out of 20) Tula Lotay print for under $30 shipped. It was a bit smaller at 11x17, but still.

Messi

Archival inks on watercolor parchment? You know more about prints than I do. I only lurk in that other thread. Limited to 100.

Seems pricey, though. I got a signed and numbered (out of 20) Tula Lotay print for under $30 shipped. It was a bit smaller at 11x17, but still.

Seems too pricey for me.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Um, just looked it up. Pretty sure it's a giclee, and at that size, the price is about right (as long as the paper/inks are quality). Also, relatively small run. Guess it's on you if you love the image, Freeze. I think she could have brought the price down by like 10-15 bones based on being not super known.'

E: Also, the quality of that Sex Crimz print is garbage. It's a fucking bummer.

Um, just looked it up. Pretty sure it's a giclee, and at that size, the price is about right (as long as the paper/inks are quality). Also, relatively small run. Guess it's on you if you love the image, Freeze. I think she could have brought the price down by like 10-15 bones based on being not super known.'

E: Also, the quality of that Sex Crimz print is garbage.

I think more than anything, I'm just itching for Force Awakens merch. I should put away money in an account for when all that stuff starts hitting.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I think more than anything, I'm just itching for Force Awakens merch. I should put away money in an account for when all that stuff starts hitting.

Yeah, you should. There will be an incredible amount of official and awesome print releases --guaranteed.

Daredevil: Road Warrior is pretty damn decent. Not exception, but quite solid.

Also must say that the Infinite format is far better for storytelling progression than standard comic book pages.

Owzers

I'd pass on the star wars print thingy just because i don't find the design to be that "i need to buy this"

But i don't have Messi-Money for things so i dunno.

Boogiepop

Okay guys. Not ordering anything yet, but I think I want to tag something Daredevil on when I do my next IST order. So am I correct in thinking the "big" well regarded runs outside of Waid (which I've read) are Brubaker, Bendis, and Miller? And which order do those go in, and which one would you guys recommend tackling first?

Also, are the most apparent collections for those on IST just fine to go with?

tim1138

Okay guys. Not ordering anything yet, but I think I want to tag something Daredevil on when I do my next IST order. So am I correct in thinking the "big" well regarded runs outside of Waid (which I've read) are Brubaker, Bendis, and Miller? And which order do those go in, and which one would you guys recommend tackling first?

Miller, Bendis, Brubaker for the reading order. I have no idea what of their collections are still in print though.

frye

You want:

Daredevil by Miller and Janson 1-3 (collects the original run as well as Daredevil: Love and War, and some misc. stuff. You might also want to pick up Daredevil: Born Again, Daredevil: Man Without Fear, and Elektra: Assassin. Also note that most of the good stuff is in 2-3)
Daredevil by Bendis and Maleev Ultimate Collection 1-3
Daredevil by Brubaker and Lark Ultimate Collection 1-3

As a slight caveat to the Bendis/Maleev stuff that no one mentions, you should probably know that it's functionally a followup to the Kevin Smith/Joe Quesada "Guardian Devil" run that some people recommend but has not aged well at all (it's basically a piece of shit). If you do skip that run (as you should imo): all you need to know is that (big spoilaz)
Bullseye kills Karen Page

Calcium

Banned
A couple months ago I bought the first three volumes of Injustice: Gods Among Us and I just now started reading them. I have to say, I'm fairly impressed so far. I heard it was good, but I guess I had low expectations seeing as how it's a game tie-in. After I get through these I have Superman Unchained and the last few volumes of Justice League to go through and I'm all caught up.

Boogiepop

Miller, Bendis, Brubaker for the reading order. I have no idea what of their collections are still in print though.

You want:

Daredevil by Miller and Janson 1-3 (collects the original run as well as Daredevil: Love and War, and some misc. stuff. You might also want to pick up Daredevil: Born Again, Daredevil: Man Without Fear, and Elektra: Assassin. Also note that most of the good stuff is in 2-3)
Daredevil by Bendis and Maleev Ultimate Collection 1-3
Daredevil by Brubaker and Lark Ultimate Collection 1-3

As a slight caveat to the Bendis/Maleev stuff that no one mentions, you should probably know that it's functionally a followup to the Kevin Smith/Joe Quesada "Guardian Devil" run that some people recommend but has not aged well at all (it's basically a piece of shit). If you do skip that run (as you should imo): all you need to know is that (big spoilaz)
Bullseye kills Karen Page
Awesome, thanks guys!

A couple months ago I bought the first three volumes of Injustice: Gods Among Us and I just now started reading them. I have to say, I'm fairly impressed so far. I heard it was good, but I guess I had low expectations seeing as how it's a game tie-in. After I get through these I have Superman Unchained and the last few volumes of Justice League to go through and I'm all caught up.

Yep, Injustice is waaaaay better than it has any right to be.

Dunbar

Just read All New X-Men #40. I thought Bendis was full of shit earlier when I read that tweet but having seen it executed in the comic, now I'm inclined to believe him when he said he wanted Iceman being gay to not be a big deal. It isn't a huge thing in the comic and it's mostly an occasion for a nice moment between him and Jean.

zennyzz

Seriously, didn't they only just come into contact during the trial of Jean Grey?

This shit is going quicker than Black Panther and Storm.

Heh, as it turns out, the secret second vinyl Funko figure in the first Marvel Collector Corps box is
a Dorbz version of Ultron.
(Not Age of Ultron spoilers, just box spoilers)

Man, I was hoping for
a Pop......

Top Bottom