• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
isnt
Madusa
married?

I dont know why thats bothering me lol, think of the values people!

What makes you say it's inconsistent? I feel like the level of dialogue has been pretty consistent since it began.

Maybe it's the tone of the overall series. I feel that it can't seem to decide between slice of life storytelling and depicting an on-going story/arc. It feels like a 6 issue arc stretched to 20 issues with a lot of single slice-of-life issues sprinkled in between. There are attempts to build a connection between Clint and the building and its residents but it never feels like it is followed through completely. And I feel that happens again in the attempt to define the relationship between Clint and Kate. Overall, I think it is a good fun series but I wouldn't put it in my list of greats/favourites.

Tizoc

All these recent spoilers makin me go
post-43417-star-trek-red-shirt-mind-blown-reDv.gif

...and I don't even read those series for the most part.

mreddie

Oh god,
Lane selling out Clark
is just no, One big fat no.

I don't mind
Storm hooking up with Medusa
, it likely won't matter later on.

Oh god,
Lane selling out Clark
is just no, One big fat no.

I don't mind
Storm hooking up with Medusa
, it likely won't matter later on.

People seem to think that Supes asked her to do it. Have no idea if people have seen the whole FCBD etc but...there you go.

Maybe it's the tone of the overall series. I feel that it can't seem to decide between slice of life storytelling and depicting an on-going story/arc. It feels like a 6 issue arc stretched to 20 issues with a lot of single slice-of-life issues sprinkled in between. There are attempts to build a connection between Clint and the building and its residents but it never feels like it is followed through completely. And I feel that happens again in the attempt to define the relationship between Clint and Kate. Overall, I think it is a good fun series but I wouldn't put it in my list of greats/favourites.
Fair enough, I'm a big fan of the dialogue and characters in the book, which is why the pacing doesn't really bother me. Same deal with Superior Foes, which has a very similar flow. It's essentially one arc throughout the series but the banter between the cast kept it fun for me. If it's a short ~20ish issue run, I don't mind it being focused on a single arc as long as the cast is fun.

As for the relationships with the residents, that's something I don't really agree on. You see Clint bond with the mother and her kids during Christmas and again with Grills when he goes to help him out during the hurricane. I thought those attempts at showing Clint getting closer with them went rather smoothly.

The friendship he has with Kate, again, felt perfectly fine to me too. In fact, that's one of my favorite parts of the series. They feel like real friends, especially with how sarcastic they are to one another. I never really thought of their relationship as something that needed to be defined with how natural it came across. Stuff like their conversation on the phone, or Kate and Clint affectionately referring to each other as Hawkeye worked really well at showing how close they are.

I'd also like to add that I think the relationship Clint has with Barney was also very well executed. As someone with very limited exposure to the character, I feel like I really grew to care about him after he finally showed up. Kinda similar to how I felt when I read Immortal Iron Fist and began to understand Danny's feelings towards Misty.
My reaction to everything is typically:

hqdefault.jpg

Superman stuff, Johnny Storm stuff, tie-ins, events, Spider-man being gay.
I love your posts sillymonkey

(Thor spoilers)

Wait.....Crystal is Thor?

WTF
I think I'd love this.
That would be some master trolling considering how many hints Aaron has pushed about Roz being Thor.
I really like Roz though, and I'm fairly certain Aaron has mentioned several times how this story made sense and they just didn't do it for the sake of change. Crystal would be out of fucking nowhere.

Vibranium

Banned
So Velvet was awesome again and a crazy ending, nice to see she is still getting played haha. Can't wait for her return to the U.S, that's going to be cool. She really is hardcore.

Black Widow-
I have to admit, seeing Matt and Natasha together in a future that will never happen did make me nostalgic. Not really sure about the enemy guy though, he's obviously about to be taken out.

Deadly Class- I liked how Remender had Marcus acknowledge how unlikeable he is, kind of a response to the people who hate him haha.

IrishNinja

comics-GAF,help me out right quick...cross-posting

how's the galaxy pro stack up to this, for comic viewing? both do micro SD, but that S has a sexy OLED, whereas the Pro can be had at a 12.2" screen, which with my vision sounds dead sexy too...thoughts?

...nothing on android tablet recommendations? ill keep checkin online i guess

also man i wish Zero and Afterlife with Archie showed up more but at least they're not as bad as Bendis' Scarlet

I love Telltale, to the point where I bought Game of Thrones having only watched about six episodes, so I'm down for this. The only license I'd enjoy more is Doctor Who: A Telltale Games Series.

Strange only had minis or oneshots for the past 15 years so I would recommend The Oath, The Mystic Hands,Season One, Mark Waid's Strange mini, & New Avengers(2014) Annual.

Waid did a Doctor Strange series? I gotta see if that's on CMX.

The only way Parker was able to get a girlfriend recently was to have another man inside of him

Wow. 11/10

Tizoc

This. It's really annoying.

Just read the spoilers, it's not like the comics they're about are good :V
Least I don't think so, I could be wrong.

I love Telltale, to the point where I bought Game of Thrones having only watched about six episodes, so I'm down for this. The only license I'd enjoy more is Doctor Who: A Telltale Games Series.

Waid did a Doctor Strange series? I gotta see if that's on CMX.

Wow. 11/10

Waid's Strange mini was really really good IMO.

ElNarez

Banned
I like how he is apparently just now realizing that the concept behind the Punisher, a guy who straight mercs criminals, might be a little fucked up. No shit?

I mean, he is, but, maybe it's fucked up how he's worshipped like a goddamn hero for it and everyone should follow his example because THE MAN doesn't want you to protect yourself because of them NAMBY PAMBY LIBERAL LAWS stopping you from shooting a guy multiple times because you don't like the way he looked at you

Just read the spoilers, it's not like the comics they're about are good :V
Least I don't think so, I could be wrong.

Waid's Strange mini was really really good IMO.

Just bought the digital trade, €6 on CMX, pretty good. Now I have something to read tonight.

frye

I like how he is apparently just now realizing that the concept behind the Punisher, a guy who straight mercs criminals, might be a little fucked up. No shit?

You're not reading it right if that's what you're taking away from it. Of course the Punisher "is a little fucked up" but the issue is how you're depicting that. Hint: it's not by having characters talk about how great and necessary he is, hth

otakukidd

...nothing on android tablet recommendations? ill keep checkin online i guess

also man i wish Zero and Afterlife with Archie showed up more but at least they're not as bad as Bendis' Scarlet

Ive used a iPad 1, 2 nexus 10 and samsung note tab 10.1 2014 edition to read. Nexus 10 was the best . my 10 broke and then I went to the note tab. hated it so much cause I would keep accendently press the back and menu buttons cause of where they are placed. That was till I flashed it and turned those buttons off. Now I love it the most. Also it runs way better now.

Top Bottom