• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

There is precedent for it too, in Earth 2 Fury was the daughter of
Diana and Steppenwolf

I'm pretty hyped for Darkseid War in general, I'm hoping Barda is there with Scott Free as a key character.

I wanna know what Barda's
game is. She ended up turning on the Earth 2 defenders during Worlds End, rejoining the forces of Apokolips. She in it for the long con or being controlled or is it legit? I honestly am not sure at this point.

Dunbar

Saw the Batman FCBD spoilers, and not going to repeat anything in here, but Bleeding Cool says Batman #40 will come out after the FCBD book. Isn't it out Wednesday and FCBD is next Saturday?

And the FCBD Superman spoilers are out now too, and they're what pretty much everyone guessed although the source may come as a surprise.

Please spoil me
LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED:
the world knows Clark Kent is Superman, and Lois Lane is the one who outs him.

tim1138

I wanna know what Barda's
game is. She ended up turning on the Earth 2 defenders during Worlds End, rejoining the forces of Apokolips. She in it for the long con or being controlled or is it legit? I honestly am not sure at this point.

I'll cross my fingers that they just completely ignore all of that. That all flies in the face of her character and motivations.

tim1138

I'm assuming the long con personally. She ended up taking Dick Grayson's son under her protection when she snuck aboard the evacuation ships.

Superman FCBD Spoilers

Superman
is outed to the world as Clark Kent by Lois Lane.

I honestly wonder if Johns will even acknowledge any of that, his JL run is pretty self contained in that regard. He's been pretty content to tell his stories and not worry about what's going on in the rest of the books.

Human Torch / Inhumans FCBD Spoiler

lolwut.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I honestly wonder if Johns will even acknowledge any of that, his JL run is pretty self contained in that regard. He's been pretty content to tell his stories and not worry about what's going on in the rest of the books.

I just wish I thought his JL run was good. It was so fucking weird having his Superman run come out alongside his JL run because there couldn't be a larger gap in storytelling quality between the two.

Really want somebody else on Justice League.

tim1138

I just wish I thought his JL run was good. It was so fucking weird having his Superman run come out alongside his JL run because there couldn't be a larger gap in storytelling quality between the two.

Really want somebody else on Justice League.

I enjoy it for what it is, the comic book version of a summer popcorn movie. Just kind of dumb and fun. It's definitely his weakest team book and weakest run in general, but I can turn my brain off and enjoy the big action sequences.

I've got a feeling he's going to move on after Darkseid War ends, he mentioned in interviews when all the new June titles were announces that he has a couple of new projects that haven't been announced yet, and the rumors of him being limited to two books at a time seem to be on point.

There is precedent for it too, in Earth 2 Fury was the daughter of
Diana and Steppenwolf

I'm pretty hyped for Darkseid War in general, I'm hoping Barda is there with Scott Free as a key character.

Hadn't thought of that...surprised no-one picked up on it (or maybe they did)...I like in the pic of her she has
Superman's cape, the Lasso of Truth and Aquaman's Trident...so unless she has a Lasso of Anti Life...Darkseid's daughter can wreck stuff

Edit: I hope the rumours of a Johns/Frank Shazam solo are true. I feel like his JL is a perfect team book in a way in that it's summer blockbuster storylines and action blessed with mostly amazing art, imo ofc, but the closest it has to a "classic" storyline is Thrones of Atlantis. Considering who's in it, I'm hoping The Darkseid War is another and a good end to his run (or setting up the next chapter)...his daughter looks OP as fuck.

tim1138

Hadn't thought of that...surprised no-one picked up on it (or maybe they did)...I like in the pic of her she has
Superman's cape, the Lasso of Truth and Aquaman's Trident...so unless she has a Lasso of Anti Life...Darkseid's daughter can wreck stuff

Edit: I hope the rumours of a Johns/Frank Shazam solo are true. I feel like his JL is a perfect team book in a way in that it's summer blockbuster storylines and action blessed with mostly amazing art, imo ofc, but the closest it has to a "classic" storyline is Thrones of Atlantis. Considering who's in it, I'm hoping The Darkseid War is another and a good end to his run (or setting up the next chapter)...his daughter looks OP as fuck.

She also has Bats utility belt strapped across her chest like a bandolier and is wearing a GL ring and Jessica Cruz's Power Ring.

It'd be a nice bookend for his run to begin and end with Darkseid stories. I'd like to see that Shazam book (like everyone else), and maybe a Metal Men or Plastic Man book from him. There were rumors a month or two ago he was working on a solo Mera book, that would be great as well.

She also has Bats utility belt strapped across her chest like a bandolier and is wearing a GL ring and Jessica Cruz's Power Ring.

It'd be a nice bookend for his run to begin and end with Darkseid stories. I'd like to see that Shazam book (like everyone else), and maybe a Metal Men or Plastic Man book from him. There were rumors a month or two ago he was working on a solo Mera book, that would be great as well.

I seem to remember hearing the Mera book would be a six issue mini-series...

Also my Hawkeye Oversized Vol1 arrived! Time to see what all the fuss is about...

Johns doesn't have time for Shazam in the fantasy I've constructed where he is on a LOSH ongoing.
What actions on johns' part in your fantasy, precipitated such a stunning plummet in power and popularity that he becomes relegated to writing Legion stories by day and dreaming of sweet oblivion by night?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I seem to remember hearing the Mera book would be a six issue mini-series...

Also my Hawkeye Oversized Vol1 arrived! Time to see what all the fuss is about...

In omnibus form, Hawkeye is going to be one of the best comic runs out there.

Tizoc

And the FCBD Superman spoilers are out now too, and they're what pretty much everyone guessed although the source may come as a surprise.

Wut.

In omnibus form, Hawkeye is going to be one of the best comic runs out there.
Yeah for real. For all the shit it gets about the delays, the writing and art are absolutely stellar. I'm totally jealous of anyone who gets to read the whole thing together once it's done.
IDW weren't able to change the print version of Jem #1 in time but the digital version has Sophie Campbell on it.
Yeah I heard that. It's great how quickly they've done all this for her. She seems really happy about it.

Avixph

Oh wow, someone should make a thread about this in the OT.

Yeah for real. For all the shit it gets about the delays, the writing and art are absolutely stellar. I'm totally jealous of anyone who gets to read the whole thing together once it's done.

Yeah I heard that. It's great how quickly they've done all this for her. She seems really happy about it.

I don't know. The art is stellar but the quality of writing has been a little too inconsistent for me to consider it a great series.

Owzers

Nextwave is a great series

Greatest series.

DC should go into full troll mode and (superman FCBD spoiler commentary ahead)
have Superman make a deal with some villian that makes everyone forget he's Clark AND he gets Lois back. Maybe Jimmy dies as a side effect.

Top Bottom