• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Messi

Freeza I have wanted that avatar for ages but never did it. I approve.

Dat preview of volume 2 of Sunstone. Sejic doing work.

Freeza I have wanted that avatar for ages but never did it. I approve.

Dat preview of volume 2 of Sunstone. Sejic doing work.

Do you remember what chapter Allycat was in? I'm foggy if she even actually appeared in the comic. And was there a furry version of Lisa?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just finished Ultron Unlimited. Seems like Age of Ultrom is a really good adaption of this story.

I loved how the final battle agains the drones was a big, moved adaption of the big doublesized splashpage of the fifth part.

Makes me want to buy the Busiak Omnibus.

And fuck, Ultrons movie design sucks so much
compared ro the comics. What would I have given for the Jack-o-Lantern grin...
<-Minor AoU Spoiler, who may be important for comicbook fans.

And fuck, Ultrons movie design sucks so much
compared ro the comics. What would I have given for the Jack-o-Lantern grin...
<-Minor AoU Spoiler, who may be important for comicbook fans.

Best Ultron design was from Mighty Avengers:

Mighty_Avengers_Vol_1_2_Textless.jpg

Yeah, Swamp Thing was decent, but I thought The Question Convergence was better.

I might get that upcoming Shazam Convergence if the buzz is good, but those are the only Convergence books I'm gonna be touching.

Out of the Convergence books I've read so far, I'd rank them:
Nightwing and Oracle
The Question
Harley Quinn
Speed Force
Suicide Squad
Swamp Thing

Also, question about Swamp Thing Convergence:
Does it take place during Infinite Crisis, because of the red skies?

Read the latest MU amazing spidey. Man what they did to spider girl was so cruel and totally unnecessary. And I haven't read that series as a whole yet (one of my many todos)

Squire

Banned
Started Whedon's run of Astonishing X-Men yesterday. Oh my god, this book is so great. The writing is silky smooth and hilarious and Cassaday's art is just perfect. I just finished the first arc and it's easily my favorite Whedon thing, though I've never been a huge fan. The Avebgers is really the only other thing he's done that's won me over.

But yeah, love this book. Nice change up in terms of tone and color palette after Uncanny X-Force. I hope I stick with it past Whedon's run.

I've also read the first four issues of Hickman's run on F4. It's good, but it's not grabbing me like I was hoping for. (Although I did really, really love the way issue 3 ends.) Should I stick with it?

Also, I read PsychBat's story! It's good! It's like a mix of police noir and semi-surrealism and it's got some good jokes and quips in it, too. Good work, man. &#128077;

Started Whedon's run of Astonishing X-Men yesterday. Oh my god, this book is so great. The writing is silky smooth and hilarious and Cassaday's art is just perfect. I just finished the first arc and it's easily my favorite Whedon thing, though I've never been a huge fan. The Avebgers is really the only other thing he's done that's won me over.

But yeah, love this book. Nice change up in terms of tone and color palette after Uncanny X-Force. I hope I stick with it past Whedon's run.

Yeah I started it not too long ago. Read the first two trades. Digging it super hard. Really filled my strong need for a good X-Men book

PsychBat!

Banned
Also, I read PsychBat's story! It's good! It's like a mix of police noir and semi-surrealism and it's got some good jokes and quips in it, too. Good work, man. &#128077;

It is the most shallow piece of crap I've ever written. But it made my teacher and classmates laugh out loud and I hope it made you chuckle as well. Thank you. :D

Top Bottom