• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

That's a rad cheshire cat!

I've had the Scud-heart from Scud: The Disposable Assassin for years.
1222929-scud_the_disposable_assassin_08___black_magic_woman___01_326x500.png

It's kind of beat up, but I still love it, and that book is amazing.

I've been working on comic tattoo ideas for a while, but holy fuckballs do I not have the money for what I want to get.

Thanks man! I'm in the same boat, I would have so many more tats if money wasn't an issue.

tim1138

I've only read Johns take of black Adam which was amazing. He sat perfectly in that shades of grey, where not a hero but not a straight up villian. Was this johns adding his own wrinkle or was this getting the character back to his core self? I know he was one of many Johns JSA reclamation projects

It was Johns adding his own wrinkle, and quite frankly making Adam a much more interesting character. Adam as a purely evil, cautionary tale type character is pretty boring honestly.

tim1138

That's a rad cheshire cat!

I've had the Scud-heart from Scud: The Disposable Assassin for years.
1222929-scud_the_disposable_assassin_08___black_magic_woman___01_326x500.png

It's kind of beat up, but I still love it, and that book is amazing.

I've been working on comic tattoo ideas for a while, but holy fuckballs do I not have the money for what I want to get.

The SCUD heart is a bitching idea for a tattoo, that's super cool.

I don't have any tattoos but I can't even think of anything I'd want a tattoo of in the first place :/

One of my friends has the Superman logo from Kingdom Come. And my brother's best friend has Symbiote Spidey on his leg. They both look pretty good.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The SCUD heart is a bitching idea for a tattoo, that's super cool.

Thanks, tim! Out of context, it's totally just a broken heart and I have to keep telling people I'm not sad, which is ALWAYS fun.

I read this comic :/

Well this is awkward. I own everything in that sale lol

Everyone should pick up Death Vigil. It's charming and funny with great art. It's one of his solo projects.

Also Sunstone for 6ish dollars is almost theft. Pick it up. For me. I wouldn't lie to you.

Death Vigil is the hypest shit

I just finished Harbinger vol 1. Holy shit, this is amazing. I've got a couple more Valiant books and a few more incoming, but I have a question since I can't seem to find a concrete answer on the web. As far as the shared continuity goes for these books, is there a specific reading order or things that I should certainly read before continuing on? I had only planned on picking up Harbinger, X-O Manowar, and Archer & Armstrong; but I see stuff like Unity and Harbinger Wars, and I'm not sure how things fit into the continuity.

http://www.corporate-sellout.com/index.php/2014/12/31/more-detailed-valiant-comics-chronology/

This list looks a little incomplete, though it at least includes the Harbinger Wars crossovers. Not sure what to do after that.

I just finished Harbinger vol 1. Holy shit, this is amazing. I've got a couple more Valiant books and a few more incoming, but I have a question since I can't seem to find a concrete answer on the web. As far as the shared continuity goes for these books, is there a specific reading order or things that I should certainly read before continuing on? I had only planned on picking up Harbinger, X-O Manowar, and Archer & Armstrong; but I see stuff like Unity and Harbinger Wars, and I'm not sure how things fit into the continuity.

http://www.corporate-sellout.com/index.php/2014/12/31/more-detailed-valiant-comics-chronology/

This list looks a little incomplete, though it at least includes the Harbinger Wars crossovers. Not sure what to do after that.
Check out the first Eternal warrior run. It's not tied to the current day events but it's great stuff.

And I'd read those three until they run into the events. Most of the events are ok, but it's the stand alone books that are the strongest. Eventually the books will feed into the more recent armor hunters event

Heads up for anyone with an X1, Batman/Superman: Public Enemies is free this weekend if you haven't seen it or don't own it. I haven't seen it myself yet and while I can't say I'm terribly fond of the art style, it's reasonably entertaining thus far.

CBTech

The only thing I don't like about that Joker design is the teeth. The tattoos are alright. It gives me a very punk rock sort of feel which I think fits into Joker's chaotic and anarchist themes.

Ales Kot sold me.

http://i.imgur.com/5VkZPFQ.jpg[/ ]

[url]https://twitter.com/nmairose/status/591992171336757249[/url][/QUOTE]
Look forward to people's reactions that weren't when it first came out. I looked for my copies and found 2 of the 3 issues. The whole story reads like a crazy fever dream.

Zombine

Banned
You told me you only like good things.

Why would you lie to me.

I do. Holy fuck is that story nuts. Loved it. I swear they didn't produce the script for Clone Wars because the scope of it was too big. I'm a bit bummed by a couple revelations, but it was 9/10.

Clone Wars was firing on all cylinders near the end.

I do. Holy fuck is that story nuts. Loved it. I swear they didn't produce the script for Clone Wars because the scope of it was too big. I'm a bit bummed by a couple revelations, but it was 9/10.

Clone Wars was firing on all cylinders near the end.

Pretty much how I felt about it.

Also, while I'm not a big fan of The Dark Knight Strikes Again, I do think most comic readers should read it. At the very least it's interesting, in a way that a lot of comics aren't. If people really are going to start buying it again, I'm curious to see the reactions.

Hagi

Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir review:

32355-Dayum-Dayum-DAYUM-Five-Guys-re-iuGN.gif

I enjoyed this when it came out but felt it ended rather abruptly. I wonder how long it's going to be before we get a continuance with Maul. The only Clone Wars episodes I watched was his whole story arc and it was pretty insane, I'd like some more.

Hoping the rumors of the nightsisters being in Force Awakens is true, that would be awesome.

I picked up a bunch of Convergence issues while i was at the comic store today but didn't get the main book, is that going to be a big deal? I thought they were self contained issues so I have no idea if I goofed.

Tizoc

Is the dartb maul comic new or old? I know they made a few darth maul comics a decade ago but hadnt heard of any new ones.

Vyer

Just finished The Dark Knight Returns.

Wow.

WOW.

giphy.gif

That was an amazing book. That last chapter especially was fucking crazy.

Watching (reading about) Matty G discover all this stuff is pretty awesome. :)

Which trades do you have left?

I enjoyed this when it came out but felt it ended rather abruptly. I wonder how long it's going to be before we get a continuance with Maul. The only Clone Wars episodes I watched was his whole story arc and it was pretty insane, I'd like some more.

Hoping the rumors of the nightsisters being in Force Awakens is true, that would be awesome.

I picked up a bunch of Convergence issues while i was at the comic store today but didn't get the main book, is that going to be a big deal? I thought they were self contained issues so I have no idea if I goofed.

As far as I know, the non-main Convergence books are just standalones told during the actual event. Should be fine.

Owzers

Pls. I want you to know. I think you will love Sunstone.

It's a tough sell to put money on it when i go to make a rare IST order, the bondage and relationship combo. It gets a wishlist spot but something usually takes it's place when order time comes. I tend to avoid things like Blankets, Strangers in Paradise, anything that involves people hanging and having feelings. I'm more likely to take the comic plunge on Death Vigil which looks fun and i like the premise.

Messi

It's a tough sell to put money on it when i go to make a rare IST order, the bondage and relationship combo. It gets a wishlist spot but something usually takes it's place when order time comes. I tend to avoid things like Blankets, Strangers in Paradise, anything that involves people hanging and having feelings. I'm more likely to take the comic plunge on Death Vigil which looks fun and i like the premise.

Don't buy Sunstone. I was horribly mistaken. You will hate it. The BDSM is secondary. It's totally all about people catching feelings.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

sillymonkey's lack of a soul, confirmed.

How do you feel about King City?

Zombine

Banned
Does that wrap up the Clone Wars cartoon story arc?

Absolutely, with a ton of wiggle room for what I would assume would wrap up in an Obi-Wan Anthologies film.

Is the dartb maul comic new or old? I know they made a few darth maul comics a decade ago but hadnt heard of any new ones.

This is the only instance of a Dark Horse comic remaining cannon, and it kicked off the new cannon as well. It's just a comic version of one of the final episodes of the show that never got produced.

Owzers

sillymonkey's lack of a soul, confirmed.

How do you feel about King City?

I don't like it....i am still trying to push through, it's too relaxed for me and i lose interest every four pages or so. I'm trying to think of books with feelings that I like and so far Hickman's FF comes to mind along with Heck. I need my feelings to be masked in adventure sort of like how you give a dog medicine.

I've been reading through a lot of Star Wars Dark Times on MU, up to issue #13, it's much grimmer than i thought even with the name.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
started reading Ellis's Moon Knight

pretty awesome. And yes I know Ellis only lasts 6 issues >_>

Filthy Slug

I don't like it....i am still trying to push through, it's too relaxed for me and i lose interest every four pages or so. I'm trying to think of books with feelings that I like and so far Hickman's FF comes to mind along with Heck. I need my feelings to be masked in adventure sort of like how you give a dog medicine.

I've been reading through a lot of Star Wars Dark Times on MU, up to issue #13, it's much grimmer than i thought even with the name.

Yeah, I think if you're struggling to get through it due to the pace and chillness, then it probably just ain't the book for you. That's really what draws me into it, aside from the incredible cartooning that Graham pulled off in the book.

Top Bottom