• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Fintan

X2 is the perfect xmen movie
I dunno. I liked it when I first saw it, but I thought it was kind of disappointing when I watched it again recently.

Weirdly my favourite was The Wolverine. Even though the end of that one is pretty bad too.

I think maybe the X-Men just aren't my thing.

I'm just not that big a fan of any of them. All the X - Men Related movies have big issues for me. I wish they would never let Singer anywhere near the franchise again.

pOKETl2.png

....How does someone go from deep-throating hot dogs on Attack of the Show to being Psylocke in an X-Men movie? There truly is no justice in this world.

Perfect encapsulation of what's wrong with this dreck. When something like the Avengers has a team work together, it's earned it with hours of characterization and conflict. This just plops a bunch of effects in the same place and expects us to give a shit.

It's kind of surprising in retrospect that DC isn't leveraging all the hours of characterization it's got in its television properties and just starting all over again in the movies. Weird, man.

Its always 1 on 1 stuff. Also there could be other drama besides magneto/wolverine. Chickens.
They need to go smaller. Open one with the playing baseball. Or hanging out at the bar. Have some fun. Boom Hellions show up. Or marauders. Ohnoes Xbabies out of nowhere. Oh damn Xfactor got into some mess ...rescue time but oh crap it was Belasco!!! I guess that one would be bigger.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Never seen Ghost Rider. I boycott Nicolas Cage because I really cant stand him.
And were Origins and Ghost Rider 2 really post Iron Man?

And yeah, Thor 2 is easily Marvels worst Movie (I fucking love Iron Man 2, best Solomovie IMO), but its still miles above Wolverine "OMG I am looking stupid while I cant heal, what a poor dude I am". The whole movie was just pointless to me.

....How does someone go from deep-throating hot dogs on Attack of the Show to being Psylocke in an X-Men movie? There truly is no justice in this world.

I think Munn gets way too much shit. She's actually the one good performance in Newsroom. Holding her previous jobs against her is pretty wack.

Squire

Banned
I think Munn gets way too much shit. She's actually the one good performance in Newsroom. Holding her previous jobs against her is pretty wack.

I'm gonna watch Newsroom. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, but I have a feeling I'll still feel I'd have preferred a different actress.

Yall are crazy. The Wolverine is a good movie. The third act is pretty meh and viper should excised from the movie but it's pretty solid. There's a lot to like there

I'm gonna watch Newsroom. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, but I have a feeling I'll still feel I'd have preferred a different actress.

If Fassbender couldn't make one of these movies even good, I don't see how actors could have or could potentially make a difference.

Yall are crazy. The Wolverine is a good movie. The third act is pretty meh and viper should excised from the movie but it's pretty solid. There's a lot to like there

Agreed. Not a masterpiece, by any stretch, but still solid.

And the ghost rider movies get a pass from contention 'cause of Nic Cage, who is eternally watchable.

Squire

Banned
Like Olivia Wilde? I seen Olivia and got excited :(

I would've loved that. Wilde is awesome.
If Fassbender couldn't make one of these movies even good, I don't see how actors could have or could potentially make a difference.

I generally think these films are good, so that's where we differ. DOFP was fantastic.

a Neveldine/Taylor Ghost Rider movie starring Nic Cage should be my favorite thing in the world, but it's somehow unwatchable garbage!

this is BULLSHIT

Why are they putting Psylocke in a movie!

She's probably one of Apocalypse Horsemen and I'd bet Munn has multiple movies in her deal. She, Ben Hardy, and Reynolds will probably be in X-Force after this. Jackman, too. I don't believe he's done.

like someone said in the OT thread..

She'll do great standing in the background and nodding when Prof. X tells her to prep the jet in one scene.

Thinking that she's gonna be an important plot character in any way seems wrong. Does anyone remember Havok in Days of Future Past? I bet you didnt remember Havok in Days of Future Past

I bet her part is the same size

Messi

I will never recover from Olivia Wilde turning down playing Gamora. It would have been perfect. Damn it. Damn it all to hell.

I would've loved that. Wilde is awesome.

I generally think these films are good, so that's where we differ. DOFP was fantastic.

She's probably one of Apocalypse Horsemen and I'd bet Munn has multiple movies in her deal. She, Ben Hardy, and Reynolds will probably be in X-Force after this. Jackman, too. I don't believe he's done.

They're making an x force movie? Jesus shit, I'd almost welcome the shuttering of x men comics if it would keep these garbage movies away from my beautiful stories.

Squire

Banned
They're making an x force movie? Jesus shit, I'd almost welcome the shuttering of x men comics if it would keep these garbage movies away from my beautiful stories.

Yeah, Mark Millar is a consultant on it or something, I think. He hinted it's a five man team.

I just remembered Nightcrawler is in Apocalypse, so in theory they could do Wolverine, Psylocke, Deadpool, Archangel, and Nightcrawler AoA.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thank god I dont care about any of Fox's Marvel bullshit (except Deadpool, which looks faithful enough) or I would be pissed about Psylocke

El Topo

I will never recover from Olivia Wilde turning down playing Gamora. It would have been perfect. Damn it. Damn it all to hell.

I'm laughing so hard right now. Hey, at least you'll get a sequel to Tron: Legacy.
Just wait until they recast Qorra.

Top Bottom