• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is Ant Man the first MCU movie that is really far off the comic book original?

Hank Pym is a old guy, no Wasp, Yellow Jacket is some...dude (isnt Yellow Jacker just another Hank persona?), are there even Pym particles or just a special shrinking suit?

Its feeling more like a Fox movie than a Marvel one imo.

is Ant Man the first MCU movie that is really far off the comic book original?

Hank Pym is a old guy, no Wasp, Yellow Jacket is some...dude (isnt Yellow Jacker just another Hank persona?), are there even Pym particles or just a special shrinking suit?

Its feeling more like a Fox movie than a Marvel one imo.

MCU Thor be weak as crap.

MCU Banner ain't punking tony every chance he gets.

MCU Cap..... is cool, fair, level headed and not grotesquely naive.

MCU hawkeye.... i got nuthin~

MCU stark isn't a huge shitstain on the great tapestry of humanity.

tbh aside from hawkguy and black widow, it's pretty much business as usual.

mreddie

MCU Thor be weak as crap.

MCU Banner ain't punking tony every chance he gets.

MCU Cap..... is cool, fair, level headed and not grotesquely naive.

MCU hawkeye.... i got nuthin~

MCU stark isn't a huge shitstain on the great tapestry of humanity.

tbh aside from hawkguy and black widow, it's pretty much business as usual.

It doesn't help they keep killing off the villains.

Hey Spike, what was book of the month? :O

For March's banner character, I submitted Howard the Duck. Spike never added the banner.

For March's book of the month, I submitted Howard the Duck #1. Spike hasn't added the book of the month.

aAdzY6V.gif

Cade

For March's banner character, I submitted Howard the Duck. Spike never added the banner.

For March's book of the month, I submitted Howard the Duck #1. Spike hasn't added the book of the month.

When will the anti-Howard lobbying and conspiracy stop? Howards are people too.

#FreeHoward

aAdzY6V.gif
I thought you would have to suggest a character with a name starting with M for March? Or am I remembering this wrong?

Owzers

After eight episodes of Dardevil the hype is over. I still like the Kingpin and tone of the series but the plot's kinda not doing much and i don't like Karen.

After eight episodes of Dardevil the hype is over. I still like the Kingpin and tone of the series but the plot's kinda not doing much and i don't like Karen.

That's where it started to peter off for me as well; it's still good (episode 10), but... some of the luster has come off now that they lost the mystery element.

It doesn't help they keep killing off the villains.

How many villains did they face that were worth keeping around? Batroc survived, so did Crossbones and Bucky. Any role you give to a guy as big as Robert Redford, you better know it'll be a one shot deal. Loki gon keep on truckin'.

As for the rest.... Iron Mang had exactly one good villain to this day, and yeah, shame, they shoulda kept Jeff Bridges around. Banner had zero. Skull obv survived, as did zola, since ghost in the shell.

Aside from Obadiah, did we really lose anyone worth a damn?

Gambit's down too now. Stay safe ComicsGAF

What was the particular post that got him the boot? Don't see anything particularly egregious in his post history (by his standards, anyway), aside from maybe a deleted one.

How many villains did they face that were worth keeping around? Batroc survived, so did Crossbones and Bucky. Any role you give to a guy as big as Robert Redford, you better know it'll be a one shot deal. Loki gon keep on truckin'.

As for the rest.... Iron Mang had exactly one good villain to this day, and yeah, shame, they shoulda kept Jeff Bridges around. Banner had zero. Skull obv survived, as did zola, since ghost in the shell.

Plus I've been thinking about this, and about who they've been dropping in other stuff and it's like, look, most of these guys are going to be in one thing every four years. Is it really worth it to keep them around?

Well... 2 things:

1) Not all villains are going to knock it out of the park on their first go. If you keep killing them, they never get a chance to develop.

2) Killian had some promise. Ditto Ronan.

mreddie

rockwell-iron-man.gif

I know, he's not dead but really, I want more of him.

Well... 2 things:

1) Not all villains are going to knock it out of the park on their first go. If you keep killing them, they never get a chance to develop.

2) Killian had some promise. Ditto Ronan.

1) Not in the great world of 200million dollah budgets, they don't.

2) Come on, Killian was a complete waste of Pearce's talents. Plus it ended up leading to nega-mandarin and true mandarin popping in a terrific marvel short.

rockwell-iron-man.gif

I know, he's not dead but really, I want more of him.

See the mandarin marvel short. Seems he found happiness.

1) Not in the great world of 200million dollah budgets, they don't.

2) Come on, Killian was a complete waste of Pearce's talents. Plus it ended up leading to nega-mandarin and true mandarin popping in a terrific marvel short.

See the mandarin marvel short. Seems he found happiness.

1) Ah, but this isn't about taking a risk bringing back a less-than-perfect villain, this is about using them as throwaway obstacles in the hero's path.

2) Killian wasn't great, yeah, but I still think he could have gone in more interesting directions later on. He was brought down a lot more by the surrounding movie than the surrounding movie was brought down by him, IMO.

Owzers

Ronan ruined GOTG for me, hated the overall plot, loved the character interactions with Rocket/Groot/Drax. It still seems like they only used Ronan to save Thanos for later at the expense of the film.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Time to finish Waid's
first
Daredevil run

Rhaknar

Foggy's
cancer
arc is rough :/

For obvious reasons, not because it's bad

Top Bottom