• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Prepared to drop Rat Queens, Outcast, Birthright, Supes/WW, Star Wars, Black Science, American Vampire, Batman/Superman, Lootcrate and my wife's Birchbox (Think lootcrate for cosmetics) for extra money towards mortgage. That's like and extra 60 bucks a month.

Jesus FUCK. Don't drop Rat Queens. Fuck all those other books, though.

Zombine

Banned
Jesus FUCK. Don't drop Rat Queens. Fuck all those other books, though.

Eh. It's clear that these books were dropped because they aren't resonating with them. Different strokes. I love American Vampire on that list, but I get it. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Drop them monthly so you can pick them up for 50% off in a nice trade later on. Doing shit like this blows but even I had to cancel some subs and drop a shit ton of books to live happily. We get caught up in this hobby and feel like to we have read everything to legitimize our fandom, but the reality is that none of it matters, and that your life is more important than some meaningless drawings.

Well said Zombine!

Bii

Drop them monthly so you can pick them up for 50% off in a nice trade later on. Doing shit like this blows but even I had to cancel some subs and drop a shit ton of books to live happily. We get caught up in this hobby and feel like to we have read everything to legitimize our fandom, but the reality is that none of it matters, and that your life is more important than some meaningless drawings.

^

Messi

I don't read it either lol.

I don't really get the hype.

I don't read it...I don't get the hype.

Wat

How about giving it a try and forming your own opinion?

Korupt you drop them books if you need to, get them later on if they turn out good. You are doing the right thing getting a house.

Zombine

Banned
I don't read it...I don't get the hype.

Wat

How about giving it a try and forming your own opinion?

Korupt you drop them books if you need to, get them later on if they turn out good. You are doing the right thing getting a house.

I have. I don't like it. I dropped the book after a couple issues. I only liked the special with the Ogre lady.

You're at about an 11 right now, bring it down to a 0.

Messi

Messi's pull list - 77 books and counting.

I average about 15-17 books a week. So you aren't far off lol.

I did drop some higher profile books to trade waiting. Mostly image stuff that I know I will want to own. Fuck waiting for stuff like batwoman and buying a shit trade. I want that silly shit now.

Oh god, Sejic posted the 5 sunstone covers on Facebook. Can't post them here as they might be nsfw but they are interlocking covers telling a story. Number 4 is incredible.

ReAxion

Prepared to drop Rat Queens, Outcast, Birthright, Supes/WW, Star Wars, Black Science, American Vampire, Batman/Superman, Lootcrate and my wife's Birchbox (Think lootcrate for cosmetics) for extra money towards mortgage. That's like and extra 60 bucks a month.

Look, I know what birchbox is. I talk to girls.

Probably gonna drop ASM. Sooooo boooring.

Was gonna drop but then Spider-verse happened. Dropped immediately after.

Owzers

speaking of Amazing Spidey, i read issue #3 or the relaunch on MU after dropping it monthly early on, it's as iffy as ever.

Look, I know what birchbox is. I talk to girls.

Was gonna drop but then Spider-verse happened. Dropped immediately after.

Oh, I knew you would know what it was. That post wasn't directed towards you. Please disregard.

Also, who read Harley #16? Did I think what happened, really happen in the
movie theatre scene?

I don't read it either lol.

I don't really get the hype.

Come on bro. It's like sitting in on a random D&D groups play session but you don't get any of the memes or in jokes they are using and nobody has told you what the setting in besides what you've managed to glean from bits and pieces here and there.

Zombine

Banned
Come on bro. It's like sitting in on a random D&D groups play session but you don't get any of the memes or in jokes they are using and nobody has told you what the setting in besides what you've managed to glean from bits and pieces here and there.

I love my lady books, but this one doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm not calling it bad or whatever, it's just doesn't resonate with me.

Is it assumed that Hickmans Avengers and New Avengers will be collected in an omnibus?

Why not just buy the new hardcovers?

You're not missing much with Lootcrates...they have been uninspired garbage.

I only like the SHIELD badge because I'll use it at NYCC

The stealth watch has been a godsend at work ("Yeah, it's not a watch boss, it's a fitness band!"), but yeah this month sucked. I got two pages into the comic and was like "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING" and shelved it. I gave a bunch of the stuff to my nephews, and I won't wear the shirt because I'm not a big Bond fan. The lanyard is meh because I don't watch SHIELD, but I might wear it if I go to DCC. I was all set to cancel and then they said they had a D&D item next month. I kinda want to roll the dice on that one.

This only makes it better to me, but I pull all Pathfinder and D&D comics they put out regardless. I even want to buy the D&D: Fell's Five omni despite owning the hardcovers and owning it all on CMX. That was a great series.

Messi should read Pathfinder Special #1. A female rogue and cleric kicking ass and falling in love. It's good stuff.

Sadist

Man, Nintendo is going to fuck you guys so hard on those Amiibos. Your wallets most especially.
I only have three Amiibo's. I can stop whenever I want.

No really.

I just need Wooley Yoshi. Seriously.

:(

I liked it. I thought Ultron Forever #1 was better but it was still nice.
Way overpriced though.

Says who? We all love it. Some people even like Pepe Larraz.
Oh thanks guys. Hmmm. Guess I'll swing by the shop next week.

Zombine

Banned
Does Bayonetta have an amigo?

bayonetta_01_thumb.jpg

This is where digital and CMX Wish Lists are a godsend. You can put something on your wish list and feel like you practically bought it without spending the money, with the simultaneous bonus of telling yourself "you don't need this right now, work on your backlog and then get it when you actually need something to read."

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This Immortal Fists of Kung-Fu Spider-Island Tie-In really makes me want to read a Immortal Fists Ongoing. I loved how every move had its own description. I read every textbox with a voice like one of this badass Beat em Up Annoucers :D

I am really looking forward the Blac Panther Tie-In, the art is gorgeous.

Sadist

Also, how 'bout that Nintendo Direct? The Atlis game sold me on the system. Going to try to get the Smash bundle.
I thought it was pretty cool. Oh and get Mario Kart 8 with DLC; great value and all.

With all the Rat Queens hype, maybe I should try it...

Top Bottom