• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Messi

KoruptData OT update. For a 4bdr/2.5 bth house in KY, they were asking $134,900. We offered 132 with 4k in closing cost. They just countered with 132 no closing. We just countered with our final offer of 134 and 4k closing.

Ugh. My nerves. I can't even read comics on my breaks today at work. Can't concentrate.

Did you tell them you are a member of comicGAF? Did you ask them about me?

I have no idea what those numbers mean

Robin, Lucina, and the W4 amiibo bundle all sold out before even going up for pre-order.

Nintendo seal of supply and demand everybody.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Basically, they're Skylanders: Nintendo Edition.

People are going shit-fuck crazy for them. Some paying over $100 for one of these dinky things.

Are most of y'all keeping them in their packages or using them?

Are most of y'all keeping them in their packages or using them?

I think the main appeal to them is that they're actual figures of Nintendo characters. Nintendo hasn't done very much in the way of merchandising their characters as figures in the past, and especially not in such a variety as we're seeing here. But I really wish they were larger. I might actually have been interested in them.

Sadist

Count yourself lucky you havent taken to the hot toys life. Ah its not that bad...I only have Captain America, Iron Man and Black Widow AOU figures on order, just waiting for Vision, Scarlet Witch, Thor and Quicksilver to go up.

Fuck.

Edit, I totally forgot I have Gamora paid off looooooool
Phew, I'm safe!

Anyway, I'm not that into figurines and stuff, but a few Amiibo really caught my attention. I fucking love Metroid, so picking up my gal Samus together with Smash last year was a no brainer. Plus I got her for free because I had a gift card. But last month I actually got two more; Mega Man looks really nice and because of my Fire Emblem love I couldn't resist Ike. So yeah, hopefully I'm done after the Wooley Yoshi Amiibo.

http://i4.minus.com/j9qHJb4m8LSpq.jpg

I'm glad for not choosing the collector path though. Nintendo really has a problem producing/shipping them.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There are people on this board who think that Evil lulz 2 is better than the original Evil Dead. NeoGAF cant even fall deeper.

i'm so glad I don't give any fucks about amiibos that shit would drive me bananas

They're really stupid

I bought one for the Hyrule Warriors weapon though but I didnt pay full price and it's link which took 1 trip to a store to find one anyway so I still feel okay about myself

oh wait comics

I read the last ms marvel

I really really really love this book.

Sadist

There are people on this board who think that Evil lulz 2 is better than the original Evil Dead. NeoGAF cant even fall deeper.
Pls no stop

Got the inkling 3 pack! Finally! Finally! Didn't get Lucina though.
Wait, the Inkling pre-order? Now? Damn. America is dead serious about Amiibo's. And man those damn FE characters. Nintendo being mean.

Oh wait comics

I just read Ultron Forever, that was quite amazing. I love
how Captain America is actually Danielle Cage! Her "I am the Shield!" line is awesome.

Owzers

I don't even like the original evil dead, take your anime trees and get outta here while i watch the superior Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.

ReAxion

Sometimes here, you make enemies.

Army of Darkness > Evil Dead 2 > Evil Dead

Come at me, bruder

I don't even like the original evil dead, take your anime trees and get outta here while i watch the superior Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.

And other times, best friends.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Army of Darkness > Evil Dead 2 > Evil Dead

Come at me, bruder
I prefer my horror movies scarry :p

I like Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, too, but I was so fucking blown away as I watched Evil Dead a couple of years ago for the first time. Only Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Day of the Dead topped this for me.
Also, they went to hilarious from time to time. Still, I a, very sad that there wont be a Army of Darkness 2

I like Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, too, but I was so fucking blown away as I watched Evil Dead a couple of years ago for the first time. Only Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Day of the Dead topped this for me.
Also, they went to hilarious from time to time. Still, I a, very sad that there wont be a Army of Darkness 2

Ash vs Evil Dead though. I'm sad we never got Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash outside of the comics.

Army of Darkness is one of my favourite films.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ash vs Evil Dead though. I'm sad we never got Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash outside of the comics.

Army of Darkness is one of my favourite films.
To bad that the Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash Trade is out of print and sells for >150€ :(
At least I have my Army of Darkness Vs. Marvel Zombies comics...

Have you ever watched The House of the Devil? Good stuff. Horror movie done with an old 80s/late 70s style to it. A bit of a slow burn.

Horror/Scary movies are pretty much the hardest kind of movies to make well IMO

To bad that the Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash Trade is out of print and sells for >150€ :(
At least I have my Army of Darkness Vs. Marvel Zombies comics...

Jesus, really? I have that, or I used to at least. It's probably gone like how I lost a bunch of Marvel trades in a move. I'm gonna go look for that tomorrow.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Wanted monthly mortgage payment to be $860 or less. Looks like we might go upto $920 to get the house we want.
gawdamn

Never move to Vancouver, friend.

In other news, did anyone bring up the benefit being run for Wilfredo Torres and family? He just lost his wife to cancer (ugh) and several artists have come together to auction off pieces with all proceeds going to the Torres family. This Doc Shaner piece is pretty sweet, but there are a lot more to be found out there. I don't do promotional stuff much here, but figured an exception could be made for this.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Jesus, really? I have that, or I used to at least. It's probably gone like how I lost a bunch of Marvel trades in a move. I'm gonna go look for that tomorrow.

There is right now a 112$ Trade on ebay... And there is still a lo of time left. Its really at a insane price ans since its a crossover, it will likely still get higher.
And I found a cheap replica of a Jason hockey mask. I need to have this one :D And then I need a Freddy Glove.

Have you ever watched The House of the Devil? Good stuff. Horror movie done with an old 80s/late 70s style to it. A bit of a slow burn.

Horror/Scary movies are pretty much the hardest kind of movies to make well IMO
Looks like something I would like. Thanks for the recommemdation :D

And yes, a good Horrormovie is incredible hard to pull of if you dont want to make stupid jumpscares. Its all about thr atmosphere.

Edit: Ordered. 9€ is a good price and I am starving for Horrormovies. Will post when Ive seen it :D

I stood in line for two damn hours. People in line ahead of me left with dashed hopes and dreams. Quite a few from AmiiboGAF also called it quits on the whole amiibo collecting all together.

Amiibros of comicGAF endure. Never give up, Baron. I salute thee.

Indeed. I'd have bought that three-pack if I could afford it.

I remember the guy right in front of me leaving when Robin and Lucina were announced to be sold out.

But we made it, amiibro.

0918df4dd0c189e67d3654d099aee5b5.jpg

Zombine

Banned
gawdamn

Never move to Vancouver, friend.

In other news, did anyone bring up the benefit being run for Wilfredo Torres and family? He just lost his wife to cancer (ugh) and several artists have come together to auction off pieces with all proceeds going to the Torres family. This Doc Shaner piece is pretty sweet, but there are a lot more to be found out there. I don't do promotional stuff much here, but figured an exception could be made for this.

I'm down for some donating. Fuck cancer.

Edit: I'm going to sit on these for a few days. Bidding now is just an empty gesture. I'll wait till the final hour to bid and spend my cash.

Zombine

Banned
Basically, this wave of Amiibo preorders was shut down due to Braniac Prime who is nothing like Optimus Prime but they are both robots.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, that Horrormovie talk made me googeling Nightmare and Frieday the 13th Funkos and now I spotted a shitload of replikas which I think I have to buy...
I need such a Freddy glove...

Messi

I am going to split off from comic gaf and make my own amiibo centric comic thread. We can discuss new news on the day it happens and it will be a more focused thread.

Top Bottom