• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Messi

But she wasn't even colored. They can't even spare a little color for her. No hope. All hope is gone.

She's just laying low. She's gonna be ok :(

Oh wow, when you said she was in there I was expecting a bigger cameo than that. Didn't Eva actually interact with Dr. Strange in Uncanny?

I don't think so. I don't remember her meeting him. That was mostly Magik no?

I doubt Eva was even in the script. If Bachalo believes it is a nod then he likely just threw it in.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I honestly haven't noticed a drop of quality in either book, though I think the Wolf Cap thing sticking around for a bit was weird. I'm actually enjoying both books more than when they started.

I think that's a Spencer thing, Hook you in first issue and then do nothing for 3 issues and then, suddenly give a fuck again.

^ That actually sounds about right. They weren't BAD, just had issues recently where nothing has happened.

Sam Cap started off amazingly too

shingi70

Banned
Did green Arrow get better, I dropped off of Percy's run after the neo nazi robot stories and right after he got bit by the wolf. I liked what I read and was thinking of jumping back on before the Rebirth run starts.

mreddie

^ That actually sounds about right. They weren't BAD, just had issues recently where nothing has happened.

Sam Cap started off amazingly too

I was considering dropping Ant-Man because Scott doing the "I'm a loser" shitck and not telling Cassie but then the Cassie twist happened and now, I'm hooked again. Cap Wolf didn't tick me off enough because Standoff was in the pipeline.

Messi

You guys are right, it was Magik. Not sure why I thought it was Eva. Uncanny is such a blur to me at this point.

Yeah Magik spends a few issues with him.

Who is Eva?

cd01270cde63044d0e3e56b230860484.jpg

Tempus from Bendis Uncanny.

So here's the story:

I ordered some sick Gleason art a few weeks ago. I waited and waited for it, and it finally came to me like this:

I said to myself "Zombine, the box must have taken the brunt of that power bomb, these are trained professionals they know what they're doing."

I open the box, and see this:

tumblr_ngoso56pl71st84k2o1_500.gif

Dr.-Who.gif

So I talk to Pat and he's all like "Well, I'm not saying to do it but I've heard that if you iron it it'll get the creases out. I didn't tell you to do this though." So I read between the lines and I iron the ever loving shit out of my page. Like I was getting ready for Junior prom and I knew that life wouldn't offer me much afterwards, and here in the end result:

BOOM. Dude was spot on. Please buy Rebirth Superman.

Fin.
What a saga. Who says miraclrs dont happen anymore

Messi

Aww, come on. Eva was easily one of the highlights of Bendis' run. Not saying that much, but still. Eva is good people.

It's a shame Bendis felt the need to overpower her and make it so she is useless to everyone else now.

Who would have predicted that Triage and Goldballs would be the characters to survive.

Triage is cool though, Goldballs is an idiot and not the lovable type.

lets talk about the best team ever before Claremont's obsession with Psylocke ruined the series.

I liked Exiles a lot, but you have to admit that it had highs and lows just like any other book. There were certainly more good stories than not, though.

Who would have predicted that Triage and Goldballs would be the characters to survive.

Was Uncanny #600 the issue with the Goldballs bit? That was great stuff.

PsychBat!

Banned
I liked Exiles a lot, but you have to admit that it had highs and lows just like any other book. There were certainly more good stories than not, though.

Of course. Just saying that Claremont ultimately ruined the entire series with the last 10 issues of the initial run.

Not really, but the issues he wrote were crap.

Messi

Was Uncanny #600 the issue with the Goldballs bit? That was great stuff.

Where he becomes famous and fucks it up? I think it was a few issues earlier.

I'm sad no one followed up with Magik and Kitty wanting to get back to saving kids and being teachers. I'd love to read that series. But then Kitty went and became Starlord.

Owzers

Walking Dead: The Alien by BKV is the book of the millennium. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

10/10

Why can't they be the team on this book all the time? What the fuck is going on? What. Holy shit my heart.

Second time quoting you but i bought it and it was prettttttttttttttttttttty good. My only gripe is
the between the panel ankle biting, i never like those kinds of moments being a "thing you didn't see happen" in between the kicking of a zombie. Not just in comics but i don't like it in movies/shows and it happens all the time. I'm fine...oh no, my arm!
I give it a random 8/10.

Also I'm still surprised you managed to iron a piece of paper.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Did green Arrow get better, I dropped off of Percy's run after the neo nazi robot stories and right after he got bit by the wolf. I liked what I read and was thinking of jumping back on before the Rebirth run starts.

Nope.
I was considering dropping Ant-Man because Scott doing the "I'm a loser" shitck and not telling Cassie but then the Cassie twist happened and now, I'm hooked again. Cap Wolf didn't tick me off enough because Standoff was in the pipeline.

Yeah, I'll stick with both for a little while longer.

Of course. Just saying that Claremont ultimately ruined the entire series with the last 10 issues of the initial run.

Not really, but the issues he wrote were crap.

New Exiles was way worse.

Where he becomes famous and fucks it up? I think it was a few issues earlier.

You sure?

By "bit" do you mean that time
that random woman straight up murdered him with a bottle?
I think it was the one before #600.

Yes! That was hilarious.

Did Colossus and Wolverine have a baby?

Maybe.

Messi

Freeza it's in the last issue before #600. It's the young mutants out on their own after
scott fucks off and closes the school

Boogiepop

New Exiles was way worse.

Oh god, I forgot that existed since I just skipped it after Claremont took a giant dump over the "end" of the series. Kind of sort of tempted to check it out on MU out of morbid curiosity now...

Edit: Bleach gets progressively worse as it goes on, probably most of all due to the fact that Kubo just straight up doesn't plan ahead and just does stuff, by his own admission. Which is why Ichigo is now, like, all the things. I still get some sort of slight enjoyment out of something ridiculous happening occasionally during the like 1 minute a week it takes to read the chapters in my Shonen Jump subscription. But yeeeeah, not so hot.

Naruto was okay for a while but also collapsed into being pretty damn crap by the end, especially the never-ending final fight junk.

Top Bottom