• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

frye

How does one read Ghost In The Shell in English?
(Best format?)

Amazon reviews say the current Kodansha release is censored/edited. If that's the case try and find the old Dark Horse release secondhand.

There's actually two DH releases of Ghost in the Shell, the first one from 1995 (which I have) is identical to the current Kodansha one in terms of size, format, and censorship

The uncensored printing is the 2004 rerelease from DH, but at the same time, it's not really worth tracking down if it's too out of you way because the censorship is just a two page VR orgy that is kinda inconsequential and is easy to find online if you want to anyways

Calcium

Banned
ht_spanish_painting_jesus_badly_restored_thg_120822_wblog.jpg

Haha, well done.

Sillymonkey wasn't happy with the paint job on one of his statues and tried to fix it himself

He bought the wrong shade

Oh man, did he post a picture?

The uncensored printing is the 2004 rerelease from DH, but at the same time, it's not really worth tracking down if it's too out of you way because the censorship is just a two page VR orgy that is kinda inconsequential and is easy to find online if you want to anyways

But VR orgies are some of my favorite things.

Honestly not worth tracking down a volume for that, though. You could probably google it in 5 seconds.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There's actually two DH releases of Ghost in the Shell, the first one from 1995 (which I have) is identical to the current Kodansha one in terms of size, format, and censorship

Sweet! Will looking booth up!

We get a cyber orgy with Scarlet? Wohooooo

Calcium

Banned
:(

Dark Souls has a story. It always has. It's just very much unlike other games in that you need to pay attention and seek it out.

Haha, I'm sure it does. Just playin'. I've only finished Demons' Souls and I remember literally nothing about the story. I do remember dying, though.

Mitch

Banned
Finally done with my move to Cleveland.

Went to the closest comic shop and was blown away by their selection. Definitely my go to from now on. Apparently they're having a huge midnight launch for free comic book day, with beer, music and food. So I'll be there.

Picked up a few things. Huge chunk of my backlog right here:

tim1138

Interesting, I have the original 1995 version as well and no idea it was censored. Since I couldn't even bothered to see what was changed between versions, it's obviously a huge deal for me, hah. And now that I think about it, I'm not sure I even own a copy any more. A college friend moved across country 8 or so years ago and (un?)intentionally took some of my comics that I had lent him and completely forgotten about until it was too late (I was living in a house with a bunch of friends at the time and most of my comics stayed boxed up, there's a few things I didn't even realize was gone until my wife and I bought our house 6 years ago and I finally unpacked and sorted through stuff).

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Went to the closest comic shop and was blown away by their selection. Definitely my go to from now on. Apparently they're having a huge midnight launch for free comic book day, with beer, music and food. So I'll be there.

You have some good reading ahead of you.

Do any of you guys use comicrack on android?

I have started reading my cbzs on it, but i got to some books where double page landscape viewing shows the left half of a 2page splash on the right side, then you turn the page and see the right half.

Can't seem to find a way around that. If it's not doable, i would consider switching to an app that doesn't have that problem.

Bii

Yessss. The preview has been up online for a bit. Looks like it has nothing to do with nothing, but I'll buy anything with the Dark Souls name on it.

There's a Dark Souls board game on Kickstarter that was launched yesterday. It's already fully funded and I might get a copy myself.

Carol and Johns?

Yeah! I was there for at least 45 minutes. I liked their layout and organization. The amount of Image, IDW, Darkhorse and Valiant comics they had really drew me in.
They're pretty great. Used to spend a lot of time and money there. Staff was great, imagine it still is.

Mitch

Banned
They're pretty great. Used to spend a lot of time and money there. Staff was great, imagine it still is.
Staff was by far the best I've dealt with. After seeing how many Image comics I got, one of the guys threw in the Image preview book for free. I know it's just a buck, but it was a really nice gesture.

You did good.

Read all of Deadly Class cuz vol. 4 comes out in July and you wanna be ready for that story arc.

Mitch

Banned
You did good.

Read all of Deadly Class cuz vol. 4 comes out in July and you wanna be ready for that story arc.
Prefect timing on my part.

I'm still looking for a job here, so I have a lot of free time. These will be finished pretty quick most likely, unless I run into some good luck and land the job I want.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Question for anyone who follows Mile Morales' comics.

So I just finished the 12 issue series that came before Secret Wars. Besides Secret Wars (which I already read) what else do I need to read to bridge the gap between both series? Cause I begin reading the post-SW issue 1 and his mom is now alive and he doesn't seem shocked by this so I assume I need to read a tie-in that shows him finding out.

Google has been no help.

I love this comic
I laughed so much at Ventriloquist being a parrot
These teams are so stupid and I fucking hate Bendis for beeing so a fanboy with his characters.

Does it really matter? Editorial is going to be hands on enough that most of the characters won't behave like they would anyways. As per most, if not all, events.

So I just finished the 12 issue series that came before Secret Wars. Besides Secret Wars (which I already read) what else do I need to read to bridge the gap between both series? Cause I begin reading the post-SW issue 1 and his mom is now alive and he doesn't seem shocked by this so I assume I never to read an tie-in that shows him finding out.

Google has been no help.

Considering Miles is in a new universe and reality was massively altered -- ANAD status quo is that there was a several month gap that was erased and everyone goes on like nothing. Only people that remember are Panther and Doom, as far as we know. That's all you need for set-up

tim1138

I read the first Divinity trade today on the recommendation of Lunchbox and Sarah, and it was pretty good. It was a good and weird scifi/space book that was tonally in line with the novel is finished today (Saturn Run). I'm going to check out the second series that started this week, and thanks to my uncanny ability to get invested in books that sell poorly and get cancelled, will likely singlehandedly end Valiant as a publisher (the Anti-Sales Equation is real!).

Messi

So I just finished the 12 issue series that came before Secret Wars. Besides Secret Wars (which I already read) what else do I need to read to bridge the gap between both series? Cause I begin reading the post-SW issue 1 and his mom is now alive and he doesn't seem shocked by this so I assume I need to read a tie-in that shows him finding out.

Google has been no help.

It's not explained why she is back after Secret Wars. It's in that handwavy 8 months that all books are using to reset shit.

Hitman - A Rage in Arkham: Yeah, this was pretty great. Perfect setup for the series. Loved the 4 pages where we get introduced to the poker game crowd at the bar. Hope we get a few Hacken and Ringo stories as we go along. Some hilarious moments
like Tommy puking on Batman and Croc enjoying his Seinfeld.
Shame this isn't available in a nice collection.

Sandfox

Google has been no help.

It's not explained why she is back after Secret Wars. It's in that handwavy 8 months that all books are using to reset shit.

It's explained, but you need to read Ultimate End #5 alongside the main Secret Wars book to understand it.

Zombine

Banned
So here's the story:

I ordered some sick Gleason art a few weeks ago. I waited and waited for it, and it finally came to me like this:

I said to myself "Zombine, the box must have taken the brunt of that power bomb, these are trained professionals they know what they're doing."

I open the box, and see this:

tumblr_ngoso56pl71st84k2o1_500.gif

Dr.-Who.gif

So I talk to Pat and he's all like "Well, I'm not saying to do it but I've heard that if you iron it it'll get the creases out. I didn't tell you to do this though." So I read between the lines and I iron the ever loving shit out of my page. Like I was getting ready for Junior prom and I knew that life wouldn't offer me much afterwards, and here in the end result:

BOOM. Dude was spot on. Please buy Rebirth Superman.

Fin.

Top Bottom