• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

jackdoe

Man, I am reading some of the early Captain America stuff and it's a fascinating read. The comics have great art from Kirby and Steranko, and are smarter than I'd have imagined: at times, I'd question some of Cap's poor decision making only to go to the next page to find the story addressing the fact that Steve made a poor decision. And some of the stories are fun, especially when it provides context to the references in the Brubaker run. Unfortunately, these comics are also unbelievably sexist. Like ridiculously so, to the point I'm glad Sharon isn't in an issue so Steve won't tell her to shut up, quit SHIELD, and go into the kitchen to make him a sandwich.

Yeah true but most books are avoiding whatever happened in that span. LIKE WHAT THE FUCK DID CYCLOPS DO AND WHERE THE FUCK IS EMMA.
I want young Jean to join the Ultimates solely so she can be like "I'll read their minds" and everyone's like "Nah we know how that shit do." Except America just punches her the fuck out. Then she starts to get hot for America who then rejects her and Jean gets obssessed and tries to telepathically make America love her and then America punches her so hard she crosses dimensions.

Emma replaces Jean in Extraordinary and Storm and Emma run the school together.

This is what I want. Please Marvel. Give me what I want.
Sadly

Whilst past Cyclops runs about whining and jobbing to Toad

He got knocked the fuck out by a car that blindsided him and Toad beat the shit out of him while he was tied up. That was a fucked up issue. It was hardly jobbing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a go to comic book reader on PC? Something clean and lightweight.

Messi

Ah, I didn't know Emma was missing too. Awesome.

I wouldn't worry about it. That's not a spoiler they just haven't mentioned her name since Bendis books ended. It's almost like she doesn't exist.

Mockingbirds issue in the
hellfire club didn't even mention her

Calcium

Banned
I wouldn't worry about it. That's not a spoiler they just haven't mentioned her name since Bendis books ended. It's almost like she doesn't exist.

No worries, not bothered by spoilers at all. Just generally annoyed at how the X-books are being handled.

Zombine

Banned
Walking Dead: The Alien by BKV is the book of the millennium. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

10/10

Why can't they be the team on this book all the time? What the fuck is going on? What. Holy shit my heart.

Messi

Walking Dead: The Alien by BKV is the book of the millennium. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

10/10

Why can't they be the team on this book all the time? What the fuck is going on? What. Holy shit my heart.

Pls BKV has better things to do than Walking Dead. Like Kirkman would give that shit up.

Owzers

10/10

I stopped reading Private Eye at issue 3 because i took an extra step to get it on my ipad...

Zombine

Banned
Oh yeah, outta fucking NOWHERE today:

Rick-color-box.jpg

Pressed on the order button so hard my finger went into a parallel universe. $31.11 when all is said and done.

JTripper

Wow just read the issue. Pretty cool.

My only pick-ups today were American Alien 6, Amazing Spider-Man 10 and Chuck Dixon's Nightwing Vol. 4 which I thought released next week but my shop had it already. I chose that over Batman: Europa hardcover.

Interesting, I have the original 1995 version as well and no idea it was censored. Since I couldn't even bothered to see what was changed between versions, it's obviously a huge deal for me, hah. And now that I think about it, I'm not sure I even own a copy any more. A college friend moved across country 8 or so years ago and (un?)intentionally took some of my comics that I had lent him and completely forgotten about until it was too late (I was living in a house with a bunch of friends at the time and most of my comics stayed boxed up, there's a few things I didn't even realize was gone until my wife and I bought our house 6 years ago and I finally unpacked and sorted through stuff).

What's your take of GITS manga? I loved the anime adaptations but found Shirows work to be all over the map and pretty goofy at times. Seen that in a number of his manga work.

duckroll

Finished The Fade Out. What a ballsy end. There were a thousand ways to make that more dramatic and satisfying at the expense of the integrity of the story, but Brubaker just aaid fuck it. Goddamn.

Sandfox

Standoff makes me wish that Spencer was on Thunderbolts. That being said he's doing an excellent job setting up his Steve Rogers Cap book.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The premise of CWII is actually pretty good...

Except for the fact that theres already a bunch of people from the future walking around, each one could tell you a different version, so why is a least interesting Destiny so important?

mreddie

Spencer was gold this week. Ant-Man, Cap. With Fix also being GOAT this month in it's first issue, can't wait for Steve Cap.

There's a Dark Souls board game on Kickstarter that was launched yesterday. It's already fully funded and I might get a copy myself.

I saw that. Looks rad. I don't play tabletop RPGs like that, but I'd be very interested to get one just to own it.

Was tempted but I think it might be shit.

I'll let you know. I bought it from CMX. Will read tonight.

Using mutagens that changed the Turtles into the turtles, but they're slowly reverting back whilst in Batmans universe.[/SPOILER]

That's... not bizarre... at all.
It is very bizarre

Seems like my local shop didn't order any. Didn't see it today =(

Digital comic shops are best comic shops.

Fuck cyclops. EMMA IS STILL MIA WITH THE COOKOOS.

Marvel obviously saving the best characters (and Eva) for when they actually have something good going.

It sounds like a prequel to Minority Report.

JTripper

Has anyone ever pre-ordered on DCBS?

I wanted to pre-order their DC Rebirth bundle and a couple of graphic novels that release in August but I'm unsure of how the shipping will work with that since it's all one order.

Will the Rebirth issues be shipped in August when the other books release so that everything ships in one order as to avoid an extra shipping cost? Or will I only have to pay the shipping fee once and they'll just ship my orders as they become available?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Standoff makes me wish that Spencer was on Thunderbolts. That being said he's doing an excellent job setting up his Steve Rogers Cap book.
I'm just worried his Steve book will suffer the same drop in quality his Sam book did, as well as Ant-Man, both started off well but got a bit boring tbh

Except for the fact that theres already a bunch of people from the future walking around, each one could tell you a different version, so why is a least interesting Destiny so important?

They could just ask one of many time travellers what's going to happen. Premise makes no sense.

I'll still read it, because I'm a sucker.

Has anyone ever pre-ordered on DCBS?

I wanted to pre-order their DC Rebirth bundle and a couple of graphic novels that release in August but I'm unsure of how the shipping will work with that since it's all one order.

Will the Rebirth issues be shipped in August when the other books release so that everything ships in one order as to avoid an extra shipping cost? Or will I only have to pay the shipping fee once and they'll just ship my orders as they become available?

From their FAQ page:

The flat rate shipping fee of $6.95 pays for one shipment for that particular order. In order to maintain our discounts and the flat rate shipping cost, each order is assessed a shipping cost and different months cannot be combined. Orders containing only collectibles are held until all items from that order have arrived, because collectibles have varied release dates. The flat rate is only applicable to orders shipping to a physical address within the 48 states. Orders sent to PO Boxes, FPO, APO, Alaska, Hawaii, and other U.S. territories are subject to actual shipping costs, because the only option for ground shipping is the US Postal Service, and the rates are much higher than those we negotiate with our main shipping carrier. International customers pay actual shipping cost. Customers who request to be sent by a specific carrier will also be subject to actual shipping costs.

Sandfox

I'm just worried his Steve book will suffer the same drop in quality his Sam book did, as well as Ant-Man, both started off well but got a bit boring tbh

I honestly haven't noticed a drop of quality in either book, though I think the Wolf Cap thing sticking around for a bit was weird. I'm actually enjoying both books more than when they started.

mreddie

I think that's a Spencer thing, Hook you in first issue and then do nothing for 3 issues and then, suddenly give a fuck again.

Calcium

Banned
She was in the background of Dr Strange #1. So she survived Secret Wars.

Probably just Bachalo looking out for us.

I'm going to start Hellboy tomorrow. Hopefully I dig it. I'll feel like a real asshole if I went ahead and bought all the library editions and I don't like it.

Messi

oh no, she's been demoted to cameo character.

I'm not crazy. She was in there. Bachalo even told me when I asked about it.

But yes, we will likelily never see her in an important role again.

Probably just Bachalo looking out for us.

I'm going to start Hellboy tomorrow. Hopefully I dig it. I'll feel like a real asshole if I went ahead and bought all the library editions and I don't like it.

It totally was Bachalo looking out for us.

I asked him and he told me that it was a nod. This was when I was buying my Eva pages.

Man I'm loving that marvel is finally getting David's Hulk run, Classic Thunderbolts and now classic wolverine on CMX. Can't wait for that line wide B1G1 this year!!

I'm not crazy. She was in there. Bachalo even told me when I asked about it.

I asked him and he told me that it was a nod. This was when I was buying my Eva pages.

But she wasn't even colored. They can't even spare a little color for her. No hope. All hope is gone.

Top Bottom