• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Messi

Had a peek at Marvels releases next week.

2CkPjd2.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All this Exiles talk made me look for it on MU, issue #1 is broken >_>

tim1138

What's your take of GITS manga? I loved the anime adaptations but found Shirows work to be all over the map and pretty goofy at times. Seen that in a number of his manga work.

I think all over the map is a good way to put it. I don't think it's distracting by any means, but he wasn't consistent. I think his work in Appleseed (at least what I've read of it, I never finished it because at the time volumes three and four were impossible to find), but his goofiness worked better there.

Boogiepop

Oh right, read a little more Neal Adams Batman. The Brave and the Bold stuff was a noticeable step up from the Worlds Finest at the start, read both the Deadman and Creeper issues. Which randomly reminds me: has anything good ever been done with those characters? Would love to actually read something good with them sometime...

Zombine

Banned
Shelley Bond is gone from Vertigo, and DC is "restructuring" it

Vertigo is a fucking absolute nightmare right now. $4 per book to give the illusion of a premium format, when all it's doing is keeping people as far away as humanly possible.

Drop the book prices to $2.99, and holy shit release some more interesting titles. Also, give me another Witching Hour.

Edit:

Also, get Ennis to write a Preacher special.

Dark Souls #1 was a solid book. Art was nice, though the plot so far feels like it could have been any fantasy comic outside of a few name-drops and the identity of the supporting character. This seems like something of a prequel story set in the very beginnings of Dark Souls lore. In for #2 at least.

Messi

:DDDDDDD

I think Messi reads it as well.

I have the full run so far and I read 3 of them. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Love the covers though.

It might be a little easier on you if you didn't buy all of the comics each week.

I struggle dropping books. Always have as you guys know. Maybe needs to cancel some of these lower selling books for me.

I got a Doctor's appointment next week.

I gotta pay for a root canal next week.

Messi

I see JC got perma banned.

CgiEWfRUcAAeT8G.jpg

Can you not pay in comics?

She wouldn't take them. Something about comics being a mistake.

Read the first issue of Giant Days. Anyone reading this? I'm going to grab a few more issues soon, the first issue was so much fun.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it. Incredible series and it only gets better. The characters are so endearing. More people should read it. It was a miniseries but now its ongoing due to it being popular. They just got nominated for an Eisner.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it. Incredible series and it only gets better. The characters are so endearing. More people should read it. It was a miniseries but now its ongoing due to it being popular. They just got nominated for an Eisner.
It really caught me by surprise how much I enjoyed that one issue, everything was just perfect, writing, art, just wow. Even though I just dropped a lot on the Image sale probably going to go ahead and grab the other 12 issues of this too.

Edit: Giant Days: Year One, worth reading as well?

Messi

It really caught me by surprise how much I enjoyed that one issue, everything was just perfect, writing, art, just wow. Even though I just dropped a lot on the Image sale probably going to go ahead and grab the other 12 issues of this too.

Edit: Giant Days: Year One, worth reading as well?

Yep.

I will say the artist changed a few issues back and while I don't think it is as good as the art you have seen it is stull more than enough for the book.

I really love Juan Ferreyra's final Suicide Squad cover. Shame he couldn't fit classic harley in there too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
See, I pieced out that this was Blu-ray disc (though I've actually never seen the abbreviation before... huh), but my brain filled this in to Deadpool BPRD. Man, that would be a really odd crossover.

Well for future reference you'll never see me talking about anything Hellboy. :)

Did anyone read Secret Identities? I meant to check it out last year, but I didn't.
I did. One of the best cape books that nobody read. I shilled it a lot, here. It's excellent, save for the ending. It's bad, just a bit rushed because they had to basically fuse two issues into one. Still excellent, though.

Yep.

I will say the artist changed a few issues back and while I don't think it is as good as the art you have seen it is stull more than enough for the book.

I really love Juan Ferreyra's final Suicide Squad cover. Shame he couldn't fit classic harley in there too.
...Is Harley squishing her pre-birth, fetal self?

VanWinkle

Owzers

YEEESSS. Finally got an actual GOOD bookshelf that won't have any bowing or anything.

It doesn't fit all of my trades and standard size HCs, but I will figure out something else to do with them. I kind of want this whole bookshelf for OHCs/omnis/LEs/etc.

That's a nice bookcase, but you filled it with comics.

Top Bottom