• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

As someone just getting back into comics the state of Marvel and DC both completely annoy me. DC seems to be run by old dogs trying to learn new tricks and Marvel seems to be lost in their success and trying to worry about cross overs and events too much.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
As someone just getting back into comics the state of Marvel and DC both completely annoy me. DC seems to be run by old dogs trying to learn new tricks and Marvel seems to be lost in their success and trying to worry about cross overs and events too much.

This was me in October.

mreddie

Former is run by morons, Latter is basically them being greedy.

Real Talk, why do people shit on Dido. He seems like an okay guy from my pov. Yeah he has bad ideas but people talk like he kicked their dog.

He blocked the Kate / Mags wedding in Batwoman. Claiming superheroes were too young and hip for marriage despite most of the DC fanbase being in their 20's and 30's.

DC You honestly seemed like it was going to be a good idea, but it was like they were too afraid to actually go full bore into it. Instead of new and interesting out of continuity stories and books we get some shitty comedy books(Jimmy Olsen and Bizzaro was ok) and shitty decisions in the big books and they piss off all the fans of continuity. They just seem like they want to try new things but then the memories of 'how that went last time' gets in their way.

That's... not far from the truth. You stick around long enough, though, you accept the reality and become a little more callous about it. I gave up on those two companies for awhile and now I'm back, enjoying the good stuff and trying not to let the bad get to me

Messi

And Renee Question!

This too. Fuck this dude.

Remember when Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner had Harley sling actual shit at Didio mid reboot discussion.

Image3.jpg

shingi70

Banned

Messi

Fair enough, I've said my part before on the Batwoman marriage controversy. (The reasoning it sucks, but them getting married would have been a disservice to both characters.)

I think they should have let the creators tell their story. If it doesn't work out the next reboot will fix it. Instead we got another 15 issues of Kate and Mags getting dragged through the mud.

That's... not far from the truth. You stick around long enough, though, you accept the reality and become a little more callous about it. I gave up on those two companies for awhile and now I'm back, enjoying the good stuff and trying not to let the bad get to me

That's pretty much the attitude to take. While I enjoy a good number of the ANAD books, I also am waiting for them all to pop up on Unlimited. It's hard to experience buyers remorse or feel bad about $60 for the sheer quantity of stuff I'm reading. As long as the stories are entertaining, I'm good.

I have a love/hate relationship with DC dating back to the New 52 reboot. I'm just now catching up with Batman and Flash, but have very little interest in anything else that has come from that reset. I used to love Green Arrow and Green Lantern, but can't get into the current iterations.

Rebirth on paper sounds like a great idea, and I'm more than willing to dive in. I just have to ignore the fact that it's the exact same dudes driving the mothership.

Image is life.

Calcium

Banned
Image is eating their lunch, in my opinion. They are giving me the same type and quality of books I used to get from Vertigo.

Agreed. Hopefully they can get something going at Vertigo, though. Having both Image and Vertigo putting out quality books would be awesome.

I did. One of the best cape books that nobody read. I shilled it a lot, here. It's excellent, save for the ending. It's bad, just a bit rushed because they had to basically fuse two issues into one. Still excellent, though.

Great, I'll add it to my list. Thanks!

Sounds about right. Welcome to comics. Embrace Image and you'll be fine.

Owzers

I haven't been reading many comics lately, too much time grinding in Dark Souls 3 for a character who was a mistake in the first place. Pyromancy? Why.

frye

huh, Nathan Fairbairn says on Twitter that he was under the impression that Shelly Bond was supposed to work on Young Animal in some capacity

Aizo

Banned
I use a language exchange app sometimes, and I saw this post from a non native English speaker.
Nuclear bomb isn't inhuman. Right??
All of weapons are inhuman anytime, anywhere.
I replied saying the only truly inhuman weapon is terrigen mist. It's a wonderful joke, and you all love it.

arkon

Do any of you guys use comicrack on android?

I have started reading my cbzs on it, but i got to some books where double page landscape viewing shows the left half of a 2page splash on the right side, then you turn the page and see the right half.

Can't seem to find a way around that. If it's not doable, i would consider switching to an app that doesn't have that problem.

I tried it on my tablet and probably would have settled for it but then I found Challenger Comics Viewer. That has served me well. After a bit of tinkering it's pretty much giving me exactly what I want out of it. It has loads of customization options for all sorts of stuff. In terms of double page spreads it can display the entire image and I have it set to auto-rotate the orientaton to landscape for them. Due to my tablet screen size the text can be a bit small to read but a bit of zooming in sorts that, which is fine by me. Comicrack may have those options as well but I haven't used it enough to help you out there.

All else fails I recommend checking out Challenger Comics Viewer. Not sure how well it would work on a phone (even though I think it was originally a phone app) but it works well on a decent-sized tablet.

VanWinkle

Does anybody here have Lumberjanes To The Max Edition? I want it, but I looked at it at Books-A-Million a while back and it had the tightest binding on the entire earth. I was hoping it was just a fluke and the normal one is better.

I tried it on my tablet and probably would have settled for it but then I found Challenger Comics Viewer. That has served me well. After a bit of tinkering it's pretty much giving me exactly what I want out of it. It has loads of customization options for all sorts of stuff. In terms of double page spreads it can display the entire image and I have it set to auto-rotate the orientaton to landscape for them. Due to my tablet screen size the text can be a bit small to read but a bit of zooming in sorts that, which is fine by me. Comicrack may have those options as well but I haven't used it enough to help you out there.

All else fails I recommend checking out Challenger Comics Viewer. Not sure how well it would work on a phone (even though I think it was originally a phone app) but it works well on a decent-sized tablet.

Thanks. I just tried it out and it seems pretty good.

Unfortunately seems to have the exact same problem i have in comicrack though.

Two-page mode looks great, but in some situations has the left half of a spread as the right page in the view, making you turn the page to see its right half on the left side of the next pair. I don't see any options to resolve that.

arkon

Thanks. I just tried it out and it seems pretty good.

Unfortunately seems to have the exact same problem i have in comicrack though.

Two-page mode looks great, but in some situations has the left half of a spread as the right page in the view, making you turn the page to see its right half on the left side of the next pair. I don't see any options to resolve that.

Is it the files you've got maybe?

Because I haven't had that problem occur in the time I've used it.

If you want to PM me a link to one that has that issue I can see if I get the same thing going on on my tablet.

VanWinkle

Oh man. My ISP FINALLY brought an unlimited data option. I have to pay an extra $10 (although also going from 100Mbps to 200Mbps) but I 100% am okay with that. I was getting 350GB a month and was hating it.

Basically I'm very excited. Back to HD option on Netflix. Woo.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Oh man. My ISP FINALLY brought an unlimited data option. I have to pay an extra $10 (although also going from 100Mbps to 200Mbps) but I 100% am okay with that. I was getting 350GB a month and was hating it.

Basically I'm very excited. Back to HD option on Netflix. Woo.

Yeah data limits have to suck. For both home and mobile services.

Top Bottom