• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

VanWinkle

Yeah data limits have to suck. For both home and mobile services.

Oh it was terrible. I basically couldn't download games, had to worry about game patches, Netflix had to be in medium quality, couldn't watch Amazon Instant Video because they're quality's too high and can't be changed, etc. Can't tell you how much a relief it is now to not have to worry about it anymore.

So he doesn't deserve to be criticized or made fun of at all?

lol I think there's a pretty big difference between "not being criticized or made fun of at all" and constant hate. Seriously, I've only been reading comics for a year, but I have never once heard a single positive thing about DiDio from people.

Whenever DC does something good/cool, it's just "good job DC" or something, but if they do something dumb, it's always DiDio's fault. Every single time.

Is his Green Lantern book legit good or is to fanboyish?
Didio is actually in charge. Bendis is just a veteran with pull who has a lot of freedom to do what he wants, which results in some genuinely great stories. Also if you really want to compare, you should be comparing Johns and Bendis

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Didio is actually in charge. Bendis is just a veteran with pull who has a lot of freedom to do what he wants, which results in some genuinely great stories. Also if you really want to compare, you should be comparing Johns and Bendis
So the question if Didios Green Lantern Book was legit good is hating on Bendis? Cool, I see, makes sense. Not.

So the question if Didios Green Lantern Book was legit good is hating on Bendis? Cool, I see, makes sense. Not.
Man you don't get to be upset. You just made a post about comparing Didio to Bendis. You also made a post earlier about how you hate Bendis and how he plays fanboy with certain characters.

Since I didn't know Didio actually had a GL book, I'd say my logic follows perfectly. The post came off as being cheeky.
The one where Hal came back?
That's Johns.

Messi

image.php

Owzers

You can respec if you want. There's a covenant leader that will let you do so.

I've been debating it and going for more melee combat but i'm bad at melee and i deserve to be a pyro/mage. Throw spells at invaders as they dodge them and kill me. I'm around the area where i can get more pyro spells, i'll just try for that and if they don't help i'll migrate to strengthier days. I already have the item needed to restat and the bonfire activated. Starting off as a sorcerer and reverting back to beginning stats is still kinda bad for full melee. 16 int/16 attunement/12 luck.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
And the comparison wasnt even meant in a bad way, I havent read many Johns books (I think... None..?) but what I hear from you guys they really seem similar, Bendis really delivers when he writes his favorite character like Daredevil or Ultimate Spider-Man, but gets lazy when he doesnt care. But if you are a fanboy you can easily write books to shiney for your favorite hero.

Sorry, was a little bit "eeeeh?" because of your post but seems like I confused you

Sandfox

And the comparison wasnt even meant in a bad way, I havent read many Johns books (I think... None..?) but what I hear from you guys they really seem similar, Bendis really delivers when he writes his favorite character like Daredevil or Ultimate Spider-Man, but gets lazy when he doesnt care. But if you are a fanboy you can easily write books to shiney for your favorite hero.

Sorry, was a little bit "eeeeh?" because of your post but seems like I confused you
The problem with Bendis is that he's on books that clearly don't fit his strengths far too often and probably writes too many books.

I really think Marvel needs to hand their cosmic stuff over to Ewing.

I love Bendis bashing. We can all ignore that the guy has written a bunch of great series, that no writer except Hickman has written a good Marvel event (including Fraction and Remender), and we can just totally pummel someone without reading the final product.

Love it.

Sadist

I love Bendis bashing. We can all ignore that the guy has written a bunch of great series, that no writer except Hickman has written a good Marvel event (including Fraction and Remender), and we can just totally pummel someone without reading the final product.

Love it.
Nah man. Bendis is a cool guy when he gets the time write something awesome (I love his Ultimate Spider-Man run, almost got the complete Peter Parker run) and recently I enjoyed the Secret Wars Old Man Logan tie-in and his Invincible Iron Man run.

And hey, I'll gladly eat crow if Civil War II is any good.

Nah man. Bendis is a cool guy when he gets the time write something awesome (I love his Ultimate Spider-Man run, almost got the complete Peter Parker run) and recently I enjoyed the Secret Wars Old Man Logan tie-in and his Invincible Iron Man run.

And hey, I'll gladly eat crow if Civil War II is any good.

Sorry m8, wasn't directed at anyone in particular. It's just the general climate around here gets to me sometimes.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Love it.
I never say this, my issue is that he seem to dont care a lot of times and it is just lazy when writers fill one team with their faves and we all know what will happen with the other guys

duckroll

All the "big" names who become synonymous with a studio as chief writer end up like this. It's not unique to Bendis. At least he sticks to writing and doesn't become an EIC and -really- burn out from that. The good writers who don't suffer this fate tend to stick to one book at a time, and when they feel they've contributed enough, they move back to creator owned indie stuff. :p

Sandfox

Love it.
The one thing I find funny is when people blame him for things other writers did.

All the "big" names who become synonymous with a studio as chief writer end up like this. It's not unique to Bendis. At least he sticks to writing and doesn't become an EIC and -really- burn out from that. The good writers who don't suffer this fate tend to stick to one book at a time, and when they feel they've contributed enough, they move back to creator owned indie stuff. :p
Or they move back to indie after having their stories get completely botched and reworked by higher ups. Remender was doing so good at Marvel but his indies are showing it's their loss.

Owzers

I read Avengers vs X-men and the other X-men event thing that i don't even remember the name because it doesn't matter. AvX was 12 issues! TWELVE. And probably a zero issue!

Also Secret Invasion.

I will never forget, and i will never forgive. Well, i did forget the one thing above, but i remembered not liking it.

Sandfox

Or they move back to indie after having their stories get completely botched and reworked by higher ups. Remender was doing so good at Marvel but his indies are showing it's their loss.
Didn't Remender leave because his creator owned work became big enough to support his family and that was his "dream"?
I read Avengers vs X-men and the other X-men event thing that i don't even remember the name because it doesn't matter. AvX was 12 issues! TWELVE. And probably a zero issue!

Also Secret Invasion.

I will never forget, and i will never forgive.
AvX was written by like four different writers.

Owzers

Didn't Remender leave because his creator owned work became big enough to support his family and that was his "dream"?

AvX was written by like four different writers.

I'm capable of expanding my disappointment onto three more writers. Bendis became the worst when i was reading Avengers, New avengers, and Secret Invasion and then the books moved to 3.99. I think i dropped a lot of Marvel when i finally let go of Bendis monthlies.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I liked his Adult Peter in Spider-Men. And I have liked his Iron Man so far. I just think that he's best suited to smaller solo books, but he keeps getting put on team books where his writing quirks become nearly overwhelming and everyone starts to sound the same.

But he wrote Ultimate Spider-Man, and that was nearly perfect.

VanWinkle

I liked his Adult Peter in Spider-Men. And I have liked his Iron Man so far. I just think that he's best suited to smaller solo books, but he keeps getting put on team books where his writing quirks become nearly overwhelming and everyone starts to sound the same.

But he wrote Ultimate Spider-Man, and that was nearly perfect.

I LOVED Spider-Men.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
As much as I love Spider-Men... Its a much better Ultimate Spider-Man book as it is a Spider-Man book.
It may be a prime example for my Bendis loved his favorite characters much more argument.

I don't see Battleborn bruh.

I'm not really excited for it. I like Borderlands well enough, but I just hate the humour and listening to it in a multiplayer game all the time without friends (since my friends will buy it, but drop it after beating the story) would cause me to grind my teeth to dust.

I might be in if a cheap key wanders my way.

Messi

The best hardcovers are Image 3 trade OHCs. East of West- Year One, Saga and even Aphrodite IX Complete. They are so sturdy and the binding is perfect. I hope Deadly Class gets a good one seeing as that is 3 trades.

Top Bottom