• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Re-reading Bendis' Uncanny X-men run through to its completion since I never actually finished it the first time.

I sorta wish I didn't, because the last arc featuring that super omega level mutant was mediocre as hell and sorta ruined my enjoyment of what I thought was a pretty nice run. Also the anger from the other X-Men over
Xavier's death
got so tired for me.

Do any of the new mutants (Goldballs, Hijack, etc) appear in post Secret Wars X-books? I really liked them.

Re-reading Bendis' Uncanny X-men run through to its completion since I never actually finished it the first time.

I sorta wish I didn't, because the last arc featuring that super omega level mutant was mediocre as hell and sorta ruined my enjoyment of what I thought was a pretty nice run. Also the anger from the other X-Men over
Xavier's death
got so tired for me.

Did you read the 2-part Eva story in the All-New and Uncanny annuals?

Messi

Xavier's death
got so tired for me.

Do any of the new mutants (Goldballs, Hijack, etc) appear in post Secret Wars X-books? I really liked them.

Yeah
Triage and Goldballs so far.

How bad is Ultimate Comics Avengers
*Really* bad. Mark Millar at his absolute laziest. I say that as a huge fan of his Ultimates work.

Pretty good post, Ed.

I can't narrow it down to just one favorite writer, so here are my top four: Vonnegut, Cormac McCarthy, Philip K. Dick, and Gene Wolfe.

fyi anything past comic books are comics too is taken from Wild Children by Kot and Rossmo. If you thought Zero v 4 was Kot leaning a little too hard on Morrison, Wild Children is straight up Kot's impression of Morrison imo.

Ross61

DC really needs to fire some people who seem to only be doing more bad then good. Question is, who is there to replace them.

Boogiepop

Alright, I've had a bit of a revelation in that I need to change up my comics ordering some as much as I love print, I'm amassing too much physical books on top of all the stuff I already have. So I think I'm going to move partially into the digital space for things, decide on what I feel I do and don't need to own physically. Which will bring with it the plus that anything that gets punted to digital I'll probably just catch up to and read monthly, as I mainly don't do floppies as they don't work for me for a collection, but that's not a problem on the digital side.

Going to give this some more thought and may have some questions tomorrow...

Owzers

Alright, I've had a bit of a revelation in that I need to change up my comics ordering some as much as I love print, I'm amassing too much physical books on top of all the stuff I already have. So I think I'm going to move partially into the digital space for things, decide on what I feel I do and don't need to own physically. Which will bring with it the plus that anything that gets punted to digital I'll probably just catch up to and read monthly, as I mainly don't do floppies as they don't work for me for a collection, but that's not a problem on the digital side.

Going to give this some more thought and may have some questions tomorrow...

You don't have to do this, digital is not the answer.

MANUELF

Banned
Been reading Deadly Class and just today started with Invader Zim, Is there anyway to link a twitter image without just posting the link?

Ross61

This Eddie Berganza news needs to be more publicized. DC has to fire a dude like that, and bringing more attention to the problem can help with that. I hope....

Boogiepop

You don't have to do this, digital is not the answer.

To be fair, I'm more downsizing from an ungodly amount of physical purchases to a reasonable amount of physical rather than cutting it out entirely. I'm just reaching a point where if I don't stop myself soon I will be literally living in a pile of books, so much as I hate it, I'm going to have to take some necessary measures.

(Also, sweet, comixology is having a buy one get one free marvel sale! That'll actually solve some of my issues without making me wait around for series specific stuff!)

Oh, and I think I'm aiming for the fancy life to some degree and switching to holding out for fancy hardcovers and whatnot for a lot of the stuff I keep physical, probably.

IrishNinja

damn, so sold on this Ellis 007 trade now that the arc closed. he's been a 1 or so arc guy for a while now (moony, presumably Karnak, etc) and it's really worked for me.

think i'm gonna do that thing where upcoming movie stuff gets you to read shit you've had in queue for ever, like ostrander (sp?)'s suicide squad and finally finishing simonson's thor run

Just not feeling it. Fraction isn't on Hawkeye, Waid isn't on Daredevil, Remender ain't on Cap and the others you have listed are not doing anything for me. I feel really like I'm done with Marvel for a while. I'll pull some books sure, but no where near as much as I did with pre-SW books.

yeah, i'm busing balls but i get that lineup shift throwing you off - initially, i felt the same way, like there's talent here but a lotta new names, with many others elsewhere (star wars, i guess?)..and i'm definitely not gonna say all new hawkeye has that amazing fraction/aja feel, nor DD which has been oddly enjoyable but it's a huge shift from Waid's masterful dancing between the darkness & lighthearted stuff.

some books just started, some just finishing their first arc, so it's honestly not a bad time to chill & see what turns out to be quality or not. i've just had more time at work and been enjoying reading characters i'd not normally see carrying a solo, many of which have been a lot more comedy than i'd expect as well.

duckroll

So there's an executive at DC who likes to grope women and gets to keep his job? Feeling pretty good about not giving them a cent.

VanWinkle

So there's an executive at DC who likes to grope women and gets to keep his job? Feeling pretty good about not giving them a cent.

Personally, I can't let that type of thing stop me from buying good stuff from companies. I guess I don't have much in terms of principle, but I just feel like it would be a slippery slope with not buying products from companies that employ scummy people.

It IS really unfortunate, though.

The Berganza reminded me about how Scott Allie of Dark Horse was also called out online for harassment. It's incredibly upsetting to hear about it and it's a big shame that people like this can continue to hold positions with power.

On another note, I just read Flash: Emergency Stop and it was pretty fun. I really like how Wally just loves his friends and loved ones. I think it's great when it ended with a cliffhanger with Mirror Master when the last Animal Man issue I read had him as the villain. Morrison really likes this guy huh lol.

Also wanted to point out that there's a BOGO sale for Marvel comics on Comixology till the 24th. MAX comics are included in this too. Need to use code MARVEL on checkout.

duckroll

Personally, I can't let that type of thing stop me from buying good stuff from companies. I guess I don't have much in terms of principle, but I just feel like it would be a slippery slope with not buying products from companies that employ scummy people.

It IS really unfortunate, though.

They cancelled Gotham Central, so they also stopped making good stuff I wanted to read!

Every book or just the ones that are listened there?

Any Marvel book besides Icon stuff, bundles, and pre-orders.

Works for me too since I didn't get my weeklies yet. So I get Howard the Duck and Power Man and Iron Fist together for the price of one! Really glad too cause I dropped Howard a long time ago but I needed this one for the Squirrel Girl crossover.

Been reading Deadly Class and just today started with Invader Zim, Is there anyway to link a twitter image without just posting the link?
You can save the image and put it in imgur while linking the twitter post.
How is ANAD Ultimates?
On a scale from 1 to 10 how cool does this look to you?

AP3OGbg.jpg

It should be 10. Duh. Go buy it. First trade comes out in July.
I love this spread.

Toa TAK

Banned
l
On a scale from 1 to 10 how cool does this look to you?

AP3OGbg.jpg

It should be 10. Duh. Go buy it. First trade comes out in July.
I love this spread.
That is pretty sweet, but if the trade comes out July, I'm sure I can wait then.

Neat promo Marvel is doing. Picked up a couple from it.

Zombine

Banned
I don't really understand BOGO. Why not just do a 50% off sale? It's pretty much the same thing.

Nothing tops DC's "Take 2% off any 1(and we mean it) recent release only" sale.

I don't really understand BOGO. Why not just do a 50% off sale? It's pretty much the same thing.

Nothing tops DC's "Take 2% off any 1(and we mean it) recent release only" sale.
Because if you're not careful you can pair up the free items are less than the base. Like buy a $5 and $2 comic together.

Hellers

Nobody told me there was a LumberJanes/Gotham Academy crossover coming.

It`s like the best news since Squirrel Girl didn`t get cancelled.

Top Bottom