• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

squadr0n

What ever happened to Hope Summers? She was supposed to be this huge deal as the Mutant Messiah but after AvX she has all but disappeared from the creators minds. Especially after bringing the original X-men from the past into the picture. Now since Jean is back has Hope become pretty much worthless lol. I remember being so excited for her potential as a character after her story arc in Cable and then in Second Coming.

So, what's the status of East of West and Lazarus. In Image limbo are are they on a regular release schedule? Any ideas of how long either is supposed to run?

They actually both had new issues in the past week or two...East of West just wrapped an arc, I think, and Lazarus had a sourcebook released.

What ever happened to Hope Summers? She was supposed to be this huge deal as the Mutant Messiah but after AvX she has all but disappeared from the creators minds. Especially after bringing the original X-men from the past into the picture. Now since Jean is back has Hope become pretty much worthless lol. I remember being so excited for her potential as a character after her story arc in Cable and then in Second Coming.

She's in a coma. Read Si Spurrier's X-Force.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Civil War II #0 art is lovely

5171792-civil_war_ii_0_preview_1.jpg

Currently in charge of X-Force as far as anyone knows
Maybe she is reconned into a Inhuman
Nope
She's in a coma. Read Si Spurrier's X-Force.
Also read the entirety of it, because she gets out of it during said run

D

Deleted member 594614

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, quick question.

My fiance is a Librarian and recent took over the teen/YA area.

What kind of Graphic Novels would you guys love to see or what would you think would be popular?

Im kind of out of the loop and trying to help.

Bit off topic...anyone knoe anything about Manga or Card games like Yu-Gi-Oh?

What kind of Graphic Novels would you guys love to see or what would you think would be popular?

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl seems like a good choice. Mainly because it's great but it also seems to be doing well as far as trade sales go so it would probably be a safe choice for a library.

Tim is a librarian so maybe he'll have some good suggestions

He should take a look at other libraries' catalogs too.

For example, here's my local library's recently popular Teen and Adult Graphic Novels. (There are option to sort by date added also).

http://www.aadl.org/catalog/search/callnum/"Adult Graphic Novel"?sort=popular_month

http://www.aadl.org/catalog/search/callnum/"Teen Graphic Novel"?sort=popular_month

Is that really her though? I thought it was that other girl's brain? Or am I missing something?
You missed the end of the run. They find a way to cure her and Cable. She wakes up. The reason she adapted Meme's powers is because Meme got placed near her. Meme is braindead with no hope of resucitation for the entirety of the series.

The final arc has X-Force fighting a completely insane and OP Fantomex

I just re-read the last arc of Lazarus - its best so far, imho - and am prepping to read the Sourcebook, but a question came up for me as I went through these issues...

Why does every family only ever develop a single Lazarus? Has this ever been explained? I understand the creation, training and maintenance of a Lazarus is a huge undertaking involving massive resources...but they are one of if not the most effective weapons in any arsenal. It seems to me that a family that managed to maintain even one additional Lazarus would have a massive advantage over the other families in any conflict. At the very least, why not have a backup Lazarus ready to go in case something happens to the first one?

Zombine

Banned
Just a reminder that EU gets the movie two weeks early or whatever. Don't be a dick and start talking plot details openly in this thread.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just a reminder that EU gets the movie two weeks early or whatever. Don't be a dick and start talking plot details openly in this thread.
You dont have to remind me, dont worry. ;)

I will just do a Birdie and tell everyone how great Spider-Man is if he is great.

You missed the end of the run. They find a way to cure her and Cable. She wakes up. The reason she adapted Meme's powers is because Meme got placed near her. Meme is braindead with no hope of resucitation for the entirety of the series.

The final arc has X-Force fighting a completely insane and OP Fantomex

I must have missed it so. Guess I'll check it out on MU or something.

This Friday. Local's not showing it until 6pm, think I'll go to the city for an earlier showing.

Finished Megg and Mogg In Amsterdam. So good. It's really something how Hanselmann will go from such crude humor to more realistic looks at depression and mental illness. Between this and 5000 KM Per Second, it's been a good month for Fantagraphics books. Both of them were fantastic.

yeah

I need to read the Vice stuff. You read In Amsterdam yet?

Owzers

A captain america movie being spoiled by foreigners, this is terrible. Trump 2016: Release movies first in America again.

LOL, seems like they really put fucking Wonder Man in GotG2.
What next? Paste-Pot-Pete?

What's wrong with Wonder Man? Paste-Pot Pete is a D-lister, Wonder Man is B-list easily.

GotG is a weird fit for him for multiple reasons...I mean, Gunn said the whole reason we aren't getting Nova is he doesn't want two humans on the cast, but Wonder Man is cool and Nathan Fillion is cool, so whatever

edit: Oh, right, I forgot Wonder Man was actually a Guardian for a little while.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What's wrong with Wonder Man? Paste-Pot Pete is a D-lister, Wonder Man is B-list easily.
They even acknowledge the Actor side of Wonder Man, he starred in the Tony Stark biopic :D

Wanst meant in a lol, how silly way, more in a wow, never thought the go all in with this character way

tim1138

I would recommend two things.
1) Looks at the holdings of neighboring libraries and see what they have (and for that matter what they don't have) and how many copies they have in their system

2) Reach out to other YA librarians in the system or consortium (if his library is part of one) and/or reach out to the librarians at the libraries whose collections he looked at and see if they will share circulation statistics. There's no sense if buying five copies of Batman or whatever if only two are ever going to circulate.

I'm sure people here can give tons of recommendations for what we like, but that doesn't mean his patrons will like them. It's much more important to serve the community and purchase things that will circulate than purchase things a bunch of randos on the Internet suggested. There is a definite art to collection development.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wow, they're giving away the
future corpses
right at the beginning. Could they make it more obvious?

wait, are you telling me
Shulkie is dying? have there been rumours of that? :/

Rhaknar

Yes. Also
Rhodey
will be sporting a
big purple fist through his chest

Dark Souls III has distracted you.

I cant tell if youre trolling me or not. Where is this coming from? I wanna see the receipts.gif

Top Bottom