• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That one Alan Moore Superman Issue, where Batman, Robin and Wonder Woman want to meet Superman to congratulate him for his birthday, Diana and Jason meet for the first time and he got a boner because of her*g*

That one Alan Moore Superman Issue, where Batman, Robin and Wonder Woman want to meet Superman to congratulate him for his birthday, Diana and Jason meet for the first time and he got a boner because of her*g*

tumblr_mousppfjR31qjs4n7o1_1280.jpg

So funny.

Messi

WE CAN NEVER GO HOME, vol. 2
writers Matthew Rosenberg (We Can Never Go Home, QUAKE)
& Patrick Kindlon (We Can Never Go Home, QUAKE)
artist Josh Hood (We Can Never Go Home)

The dream team behind 2015 breakout hit We Can Never Go Home (winner of Diamond Comics Gem Award for Best Indie Graphic Novel of 2015) are back.

17 year old misfit Morgan was lost. Unsure if she imagined the teenagers with strange abilities who were involved in the death of her boyfriend or not, Morgan was worried she was losing her mind. She fell in with a rough crowd, developed some bad habits, and did whatever she could to try and forget the things she thought she saw. But when she runs into a very lonely and disturbed girl named Dania, everything changes. Like those teenagers from her past, Dania can do things other people can’t. Dania will be Morgan’s ticket out of their small town and into a bigger world… whether she wants to be or not.

FUCK YESSSSSS

Mitch

Banned
I can't wait to find work so I can start buying more comics.

Deadly Class wasn't what I expected, and I'm absolutely loving it. The raunchiness of every aspect and the complete lack of censorship keeps the pages turning.

Brenal

I just read the Black Panther books that i got recommeded in this thread , and they are awesome beyond belief , the comic relief is on point , Black Panther is the most badass hero of all time and the art is Amazing , highly recommended.

Messi

I can't wait to find work so I can start buying more comics.

Deadly Class wasn't what I expected, and I'm absolutely loving it. The raunchiness of every aspect and the complete lack of censorship keeps the pages turning.

#TeamWillie plow dat ass.

Zombine

Banned
I just dont want to put in the same place as this guy ;-;

And getting such small things is difficult over the internet when you just have plain text :p

lol brother, you said something positive about the dude and then I said "how could anyone hate this guy?" And went on to post stuff about why he's cool. I more or less agreed with you.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I would like to meet Dan Slott, Tom Breevort and Kurt Bursiak at some point, these guys seem to be nice guys, too.
And Matt Fraction of course. Matt is the best.

Is there an artist whose style you would like to see in animated form?

I'd love to see Bachalo and Acuna. Ramos is good for that too

Note: Timm and Motion Comics don't count. Or anyone else who has had their art translated to animation

Riptwo

It'd be nice if Black Mask ever actually fulfilled their Occupy Comics Kickstarter rewards. I'm glad that they're doing well, but maybe they can use some of their cash to print and mail the hardcover books that they raised cash for.

Note: Timm and Motion Comics don't count. Or anyone else who has had their art translated to animation

Fiona Staples
Jorge Molina
Chris Samnee
Skottie Young
Greg Tocchini
James Harren

VanWinkle

Alex Maleev, Darwyn Cooke, Fiona Staples, and David Aja.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
It worked for me after the third time... Its annoying

4th time was the charm!

The first 11 books I'm going to check out......

Invincible Ironman 1 and 2
Spider-Man 2099 1 and 2
New Avengers 1 and 2
Doctor Strange 1
Uncanny Avengers 1
Amazing Spider-Man 1and 2
Spider Gwen 1

VanWinkle

I would watch a Powerpuff Girls cartoon animated in the vein of New Frontier.

I would probably watch anything animated in the vein of New Frontier! One of the most beautiful comics ever IMO.

I was thinking about Maleev and I dunno if he'd translate well to animation. Especially since he seems to emulate live action more. I was thinking the same thing for Cassaday or Ross.
Oh! Marquez would be cool!

While that's true, and while Maleev's proportions are all realistic, his style (aided by the coloring) is still a lot more stylized than someone's like Ross and even Cassaday. It may not work well but I would like to see how it would look.

Top Bottom