• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Here's another example,

dr-strange-2-page-4.png

This could have been a beautiful room, but it's all that same purple-y grey, so I just kind of skip past it.

You think no one cares about this post? Try writing multi-paragraph reviews that no one reads.

#GuiltTrip

We read them

I love all the long analyses some of you guys do and I read them all, there is just usually very little to say beyond "cool post bro." I have responded substantively to a couple of them, not sure if either was one of yours or not, though.

Messi

Bachalo's artstyle has changed so much over the years. That Death page doesn't look like it was done by the same person.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GotG #1 was mediocre at best. Nobody cares about Kitty+Quill Bendis, they are the Roman Reigns of the Marvel Universe. Thing didnt do anything, Venom STILL doesnt do anything (why is he there again?), I dont care for Starlord as king in the slightest and the cliffhanger fell flat. Bah.

Nice art tho.

Edit: wtf thats Bachalo?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh shit New Avengers is a Ewing joint? Lets do this! First page has people with crystals for heads whut :eek:

GotG #1 was mediocre at best. Nobody cares about Kitty+Quill Bendis, they are the Roman Reigns of the Marvel Universe. Thing didnt do anything, Venom STILL doesnt do anything (why is he there again?), I dont care for Starlord as king in the slightest and the cliffhanger fell flat. Bah.

Nice art tho.

Venom may not do much that often in GotG, but check out Space Knight. It's a lot of fun.

Bachalo's artstyle has changed so much over the years. That Death page doesn't look like it was done by the same person.
I think his art started to change when he drew a couple of issues of New X-Men.

Nice art tho.

Yeah, that's Bachalo. He had a tame art style in the 90s.

wbUd20b.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qOWcQxc.jpg[/img

He has regressed his use of colors.[/QUOTE]
Death. The high cost of living is such a beautiful comic. And his style was a bit tamer but he still had his moments. It was more focused so it'd be easier to follow. He's getting better now but back when he was trying that out there were comics that were just a muddy confusing mess.

He's getting a better balance now

Rhaknar

New Avengers #1 - yup I loved this as expected. Art is the usual Joe Mad-lite goodness from Sandoval. I love the idea of Bobby buying AIM and turning it into a private Avengers team. I love that Songbird seems to be field leader. I love Maker's arrogant ass. I love that dum dum just flat out tells Bobby Hawkeye is there to spy for shield. And lol at Bobby saying he would prefer Kate. Wiccan doing his best Vincent (from FF7) impression and White Tiger / Powerman being salvaged from being left in obscurity is cool too. Oh and Squirrel Girl was actually funny, I like what Ewing is doing with her (those giant buckteeth look weird tho Sandoval). Book just flew by, it seems like just pure (weird) fun.

Messi

New Avengers #1 - yup I loved this as expected. Art is the usual Joe Mad-lite goodness from Sandoval. I love the idea of Bobby buying AIM and turning it into a private Avengers team. I love that Songbird seems to be field leader. I love Maker's arrogant ass. I love that dum dum just flat out tells Bobby Hawkeye is there to spy for shield. And lol at Bobby saying he would prefer Kate. Wiccan doing his best Vincent (from FF7) impression and White Tiger / Powerman being salvaged from being left in obscurity is cool too. Oh and Squirrel Girl was actually funny, I like what Ewing is doing with her (those giant buckteeth look weird tho Sandoval). Book just flew by, it seems like just pure (weird) fun.

You throwing shade at Unbeatable Squirrel Girl?

Oh shit a Gotham Central omnibus is releasing next week? I never got around to reading that comic.

Fix that.

I need your report of MU new avengers.

I love those. I'm usually just lazy and don't reply to them.

I care.

I read those.

I'm batting a thousand over here.

We read them

I love all the long analyses some of you guys do and I read them all, there is just usually very little to say beyond "cool post bro." I have responded substantively to a couple of them, not sure if either was one of yours or not, though.

I'm just fucking with you guys. I know people read them. I've gotten good responses out of my New X-Men and X-Force (Yost and Kyle) reviews in particular. I like writing the long reviews, so unless I get told to stop, I'll keep doing them anyways. Even if I get told to stop, I'll keep going.

Rhaknar

New Avengers #2 - Yup Songbird is the leader. Lol at Tippy Toe also getting a crystal head. Loved the random AIM scientist coming up with the solution and Bobby going "Mandy was it? Congratulations on the new Lexus" and the scientist is all flabbergasted he knows her name :) Maker knowing this is a new universe and messing with primordial old space ghosts can only go good places. Yeah im putting New Avengers up there with Strange, Amazing Spidey and Invincible Ironman in my favorite ANAD books so far.

Messi

Issue #1 of Dr Strange has some incredible work imo.

AND MORE! I will stop posting about Bachalo now. But I just want to say he might be my fave artist.

also..I am still asking and I am not even sure Scott knew starting out.

Emma-Frost-in-Uncanny-X-Men-32.png

Top Bottom